Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

captveg

Saving human life wasnt the point of the shutdowns. Spreading that loss across a longer period of time to prevent treatment facilities from having to turn away patients was. That was accomplished in May. I know it's not PC anymore to acknowledge that, but that's where the line was, and the goal posts were moved. I don't even necessarily disagree with all those moving of the goal posts, either. However, there's a reason live entertainment has been a part of society for thousands of years. You just can't stop that whole cloth and expect a mentally healthy society as time keeps ticking away. Then there's the quality of life going down the drain for all those financially dependent on that societal need for live entertainment. It's not just the literal money, but the self respect that comes from earning one's living through work.

If Newsom is hell bent on saving every life then he's made himself an impossible goal. It sucks. It royally sucks. But all humanity altering events suck. Humanity comes out of it stronger in the long run. I may not be there to see it if I draw the "you die to this disease" card, but society needs to go on. I've been fortunate to be working through this pandemic and it's absolutely been worth it to keep my general routines and have day to day tasks to focus on. I can't imagine what I'd be trying to do with myself if I was simply locked up in my apartment for eight months. Eight weeks of work from home was enough and I went back into the office and haven't regretted it since.

Theme parks? Whatever. That's just an obvious symptom of the problem. The real problem is the hubris of those in government. Yes, they are there to help and yes they can make some management of the situation. That's why we have government. But they want to go further than that, and make goals impossible to reach by any reasonable measure. They think they can micro manage and control every choice every citizen makes. It's a foolish arrogance. Society doesn't work like that. It ultimately counteracts and forces the issue. It's like the rule for Thanksgiving that no more than three residencies of a family can gather, and only if the meal is outside. Yeah, right. Good luck enforcing that.

TP2000

Theme parks? Whatever. That's just an obvious symptom of the problem. The real problem is the hubris of those in government. Yes, they are there to help and yes they can make some management of the situation. That's why we have government. But they want to go further than that, and make goals impossible to reach by any reasonable measure. They think they can micro manage and control every choice every citizen makes. It's a foolish arrogance. Society doesn't work like that. It ultimately counteracts and forces the issue. It's like the rule for Thanksgiving that more than three residences of a family can gather, and only if the meal is outside. Yeah, right. Good luck enforcing that.

I heard about Newsom's new rules for Thanksgiving today on the radio. I was dying laughing, and the talk radio guys were hyperventilating they were laughing so hard! 🤣

For those not in California, the rules Sacramento released for Thanksgiving dinner are... 🦃
  • No more than three households can assemble at a time for Thanksgiving meal.
  • The host should collect the names and contact information of all attendees to provide to authorities.
  • Thanksgiving meal must be served outdoors with guests limiting their time indoors.
  • Attendees may go inside to use restrooms as long as the restrooms are frequently sanitized.
  • Outdoor seating shall be at least 6 feet apart in all directions between members of different households.
  • Face coverings are mandatory, unless eating or drinking but must be put back on afterward.
  • Thanksgiving gatherings should be two hours or less.
And in case you watch a football game on Thanksgiving, or have a family competition or a sing-along, there are new rules for singing and chanting... 🦃
  • singing, chanting, and shouting are strongly discouraged, but if they occur, the following rules and recommendations apply:
  • All people who are singing or chanting should wear a face covering at all times while singing or chanting, including anyone who is leading a song or chant.
  • People who are singing or chanting are strongly encouraged to do so quietly (at or below the volume of a normal speaking voice).
If your family has musical talent, there are rules about that if the kids want to perform a little Thanksgiving show... 🦃
  • Instrumental music is allowed as long as the musicians maintain at least 6-foot physical distancing. Musicians must be from one of the three households.
  • Playing of wind instruments (such as a trumpet or clarinet) is strongly discouraged.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Saving human life wasnt the point of the shutdowns. Spreading that loss across a longer period of time to prevent treatment facilities from having to turn away patients was. That was accomplished in May. I know it's not PC anymore to acknowledge that, but that's where the line was, and the goal posts were moved.
That was not the goal. The point of buying time was to put in place other means and methods to help deal with the spread in less draconian and more nuanced ways. Many places squandered that time by doing little to nothing. Many hospitals in the sun belt were on the verge of rationing care over the summer, utilizing surge capacity traditionally intended to handle a few days for an extended a period of time during what is historically their slowest time of year.
But they want to go further than that, and make goals impossible to reach by any reasonable measure.
Something cannot be impossible if it has been done.

LastoneOn

I remember after 9/11. The government turned to Disney for help in crowd management, streamlining systems at the airports, several things. Now that company that directly handles close to 20 million people in the US alone, is sidelined. If any business knows how to avoid risk, I have to think its Disney. And yet we are being told, for all intents and purposes, they can't be trusted to manage their parks. Pro sports? Trusted. Airlines? Trusted (even as a couple ignore the guidelines and book every seat and nobody is 6ft apart from 1 if not 2 others) Gvt agencies? Trusted.

Senior care homes where most of the deaths are? DOUBLE TRUSTED.

Think about it: We are trusting the airlines that would fly those 20 million guests to Disney, but not Disney itself.

ThreadMaster5

ZomboMeme 20102020223324.jpg

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I think Newsom is secretly a huge Disneyland fan and this is his punishment for them getting rid of Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror.

I will say it’s almost like this is brutal irony of TWDC throwing the “Disneyland will never be complete” quote in our faces to justify every half baked change to the parks.

Governor Newsom basically said, “Disneyland is complete. Period. Checkmate.”

TP2000

La-Z-Boy better not be celebrating Thanksgiving. I'll tell Gavin and have him send his strike team after him.

I am now obsessed with these California Thanksgiving For A Safer Economy guidelines that Newsom put out! I can't get enough of them! 🥰

It's like these are written by Martians who have never been to Earth and have no idea what Thanksgiving is. I mean honestly, how does someone in Sacramento who is allegedly an American with previous human contact think this is actually something anyone would ever do??? Look at this one about serving food at Thanksgiving...

• Shared items should not be used during a Thanksgiving gathering. As much as possible, any food or beverages at outdoor Thanksgiving gatherings must be in single-serve disposable containers. If providing single-serve containers is not possible, food and beverages must be served by a person who washes or sanitizes their hands frequently, and wears a face covering. Self-serve items from communal containers should not be used.

TP2000

How many of the finger wagging Shut It Downers will be celebrating Thanksgiving? G'head. You can admit it here now to us. We won't judge you. That's your job.

I'm now completely rethinking my entire format for Thanksgiving dinner this year. 🦃

I'm going to put my mind to it and come up with new ways to have an entirely communal experience. And no one is allowed outside. With as many shared serving forks as possible.

I will also mandate a lot of chanting from the guests. And there will be wind instruments (hopefully trumpets or clarinets).

I don't think I've ever been this excited for Thanksgiving! I can't wait to CELEBRATE INDOORS!

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

I am now obsessed with these California Thanksgiving For A Safer Economy guidelines that Newsom put out! I can't get enough of them! 🥰

It's like these are written by Martians who have never been to Earth and have no idea what Thanksgiving is. I mean honestly, how does someone in Sacramento who is allegedly an American with previous human contact think this is actually something anyone would ever do??? Look at this one about serving food at Thanksgiving...

• Shared items should not be used during a Thanksgiving gathering. As much as possible, any food or beverages at outdoor Thanksgiving gatherings must be in single-serve disposable containers. If providing single-serve containers is not possible, food and beverages must be served by a person who washes or sanitizes their hands frequently, and wears a face covering. Self-serve items from communal containers should not be used.

@TP2000 Thank you. If you didn't make me literally LOL I'd be crying. I just can't even...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom