Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

They should be doing what they are doing here. Here they have already fined a bunch of people $750 each and they will fine the home owner $100,000 for going over the 10 people gathering limit. It all has to do with that they are finding that the majority of new cases are coming from people's private parties and gatherings.
To avoid a political discussion let's just leave it as i completely disagree with that premise applied to private gatherings on private property.

If you believe that is appropriate you are entitled to your opinion. I just strongly disagree from a philosophical standpoint.

DisneyCane

CDC "Interim Guidance for Airlines and Airlines Crew" is just one subdivision of the overall air travel guidance they put out. That said, if you happen to operate your own aircraft for your personal use you can ensure it is safe to travel in, yes, it is all on you. Most folks that travel by air rely on commercial airlines and planes have many issues.
That document was from March 4th. Airliners are safer than any other indoor environment. The air is filtered through hospital grade HEPA filters and the cabin air is completely refreshed every 2-3 minutes. There is also a general ceiling to floor air flow.

Sure transmission is possible (although unlikely especially if they are asymptomatic) if you are next to or in front of/in back of an infected person but one person isn't going to infect half the plane. I'd much rather be on a commercial plane than a WDW bus or monorail, even with capacity restrictions on the latter two.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I agree.
My fall trip is in jeopardy now too, simply as I need to know how safe my family will be between getting off that plane and arriving at WDW.

I have no problem going straight to Disney, but can I count on the airport, the car rental, the gas stations and even that McDs to be safe?

It only takes one cough by an infected person who balks wearing the mask to cause problems for many.

Not to mention all the CM's have a life outside the bubble, so with more cases, the greater the chance a CM gets infected and passes it to a guest.

Chomama

Not to mention all the CM's have a life outside the bubble, so with more cases, the greater the chance a CM gets infected and passes it to a guest.
My poor CM friends are very upset about the changes. Not only will cases likely go up around Florida but they are expecting much more aggressive behavior from guests. It hasn’t been easy already and this won’t help them. They are already struggling with increased crowds because they don’t have the staff on hand to manage it. What a mess

Lora Baines Bradley

Currently at the outlets on I Drive to go to the character warehouse. I went to the ones on Vineland last week and comparatively mask usage is WAY down. Some people running the booths outside aren’t even wearing a mask. There are signs up saying to wear one but nobody’s enforcing. will post photos if I can.

I will not be coming back unless they start enforcing- they are private property after all.

I would not be surprised at all if this is due to the governor’s mandate. this will be very, very, bad. Just when we were beginning to see a downward trend, too.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From my reading they can still fine businesses if they have a mandate. Yes, I get the issues with front line workers and difficult people. However, in the type of business where they may actually help (hair salons, nail salons, massage, etc.) due to prolonged, close contact, the business can refuse service if the customer refuses a mask.

In my opinion the motivation of disallowing fines is to prevent ridiculous policies that a homeowner could be fined for not enforcing masks on private property.
If the issue is fines issued on homeowners (which I honestly had never heard of) than ban just that. Preventing local governments from fining an individual (in public, not in their own home) for non-compliance is the same thing as banning the mandate. There’s no talking around that. No lipstick is going to make if anything other than a pig.

I agree a business can refuse service and call the police if someone doesn’t comply, but as seen from anecdotal stories posted earlier people perceive this executive order as a removal of mask mandates. The job of refusing service is going to get much harder. The payoff doesn’t seem worth the hassle if the only reason it’s being done is to prevent some obscure practice of fining people for not wearing masks in their home when that could easily have been carved out.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I was specifically replying to a post about mask requirements in union contracts and meant that contract term could be changed. I should have used more precise language.
I misunderstood. I thought you meant the mask mandates in general. Yes, for sure the union contract is temporary and there will probably be an amendment or some sort of revision once it’s time for Disney to remove the mask mandate. The union will likely be thrilled to sign on since it will mean its safe for their workers to no longer have to wear masks all day at work and many of the CMs still furloughed might have a shot at returning to work soon after.

GimpYancIent

That document was from March 4th. Airliners are safer than any other indoor environment. The air is filtered through hospital grade HEPA filters and the cabin air is completely refreshed every 2-3 minutes. There is also a general ceiling to floor air flow.

Sure transmission is possible (although unlikely especially if they are asymptomatic) if you are next to or in front of/in back of an infected person but one person isn't going to infect half the plane. I'd much rather be on a commercial plane than a WDW bus or monorail, even with capacity restrictions on the latter two.
Base document was issued in March however the guidance has been continuously updated since. The FAA will not mandate masks on aircraft but does recommend their use, things that make you go Hmmmm since there is fantastic air filtration and nothing is mentioned about common touch point sanitation. Regardless you are right the finger can be pointed at many forms of mass transit.

TTA94

I’m sure this has been asked somewhere but anyone know when the Columbia Harbor House will reopen?

JoeCamel

Currently at the outlets on I Drive to go to the character warehouse. I went to the ones on Vineland last week and comparatively mask usage is WAY down. Some people running the booths outside aren’t even wearing a mask. There are signs up saying to wear one but nobody’s enforcing. will post photos if I can.

I will not be coming back unless they start enforcing- they are private property after all.

I would not be surprised at all if this is due to the governor’s mandate. this will be very, very, bad. Just when we were beginning to see a downward trend, too.
Ate at a fast food place today and they had table tents on every other table saying closed and mask requirements on the doors. A woman sits down at the closed table next to mine facing me and removes her mask. I give her the hairy eyeball and she points to the closed sign and says "I'm just waiting for my food to go and it says closed. I ask "then why are you sitting there and why did you remove your mask?
Answer: "he said we don't have to wear them anymore, I'm a nurse, I'm only here for a minute".
Sheesh, you brought a mask in with you, were only waiting for the order to go so you decide it is OK to sit next to someone at a closed table with your mask off facing them. I muttered a few choice words and so did she then got her food and left.
She did say I was welcome to wear mine to protect myself and I had to explain it didn't work that way. A nurse - sure she was!
Ronnie made my life harder - I don't like Ronnie

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ate at a fast food place today and they had table tents on every other table saying closed and mask requirements on the doors. A woman sits down at the closed table next to mine facing me and removes her mask. I give her the hairy eyeball and she points to the closed sign and says "I'm just waiting for my food to go and it says closed. I ask "then why are you sitting there and why did you remove your mask?
Answer: "he said we don't have to wear them anymore, I'm a nurse, I'm only here for a minute".
Sheesh, you brought a mask in with you, were only waiting for the order to go so you decide it is OK to sit next to someone at a closed table with your mask off facing them. I muttered a few choice words and so did she then got her food and left.
She did say I was welcome to wear mine to protect myself and I had to explain it didn't work that way. A nurse - sure she was!
Pretty bad. I don’t love wearing a mask everywhere, but is it really that big a deal? What’s wrong with people?

Miss Bella

Just curious why you thought she wasn’t a nurse. I think there might be some misconceptions here.

JoeCamel

Just curious why you thought she wasn’t a nurse. I think there might be some misconceptions here.
Lack of understanding of the purpose for wearing a mask. No different in a medical setting than it is for this virus. It is to slow or stop transmission of particles from you to others.
I am amazed that 6+ months into this that it would not be clear how this spreads,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom