Trip Report The “No Trip” Trip Report *COMPLETED*

There are pre-trip reports.

There are trip reports.

I’d like to welcome you to what I believe might be the first “No Trip” trip report.

My name is Tuvalu. Ok, that’s not my real name (it’s not “Shirley” either 😉) but it’s how I’m known here on WDWMagic. For the past six years I have contributed a lot of trip reports in this forum. A lot! Along the way I have met so many wonderful people and made new friends, some of whom I have had the privilege of meeting in person. Honestly the reason why I write is for you, the reader, because I cherish our interactions. (Getting to re-live my trip is just a bonus!)

My husband Woody, my daughter Em and I were supposed to be leaving for our Spring Break trip to WDW tomorrow. Of course we are sad we cannot go (and our doing our part to keep ourselves and others safe) but remain confident we WILL get to go back sometime in the future.

I had been contemplating going “live” for our trip. Woody and Em are not fans of my reporting “live” since my attention is diverted from enjoying vacation with them. However this idea for a “No Trip” trip report came straight from Woody himself!

So for the next week, if you‘d like to Journey into My Imagination and read about what could have been, I’ll be here.

5DA90856-676D-4566-A037-FCC623AE42B9.png

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sounds like you and Em had a good time. Hope to hear more about it soon.
Only if I get to hear about yours! (which I am following on Insta. :happy:)

It's over already??? :cry: I was so enjoying seeing all the pictures with @fractal and @coachwnh! Is it just me, or did this trip seem way too short?
It wasn't just you. Em and I thought it was way too short also!

Way too short! She needs to go back soon. :)
I like the way you think. 😁

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So much so that after following along with all of you, we were on the phone to Disney to try to book a spontaneous trip to go this Tuesday! But as I was getting ready to book, Gary looked on the PA Dept Health website and they "recommend" a 14 day quarantine when we get back. Would be a guaranteed way to lose my job, (and more importantly our health care coverage), so it put the kibosh on that!
So close! :mad:
While spontaneous trips can be super fun, you and Gary were very prudent in deciding not to go for it. Pixie dust wishes that you get to take your trip in October! 🧚‍♀️

I'm finally back on the boards, for this week only, because my husband had to go into the office for work. It's been so nice seeing people's trip reports. And I've been watching a lot of YouTube vloggers LOL. My rescheduled April trip was supposed to be next week but we had to reschedule for November. I'm really sad about it:( My doctor has told me to give it more time because I'm high risk. But then my husband's employer sent out a list of what not to do guidelines and traveling far distances is one of them. So we'll be here in our part of VA for a while. So now I have to figure out whether to take the trip in November (only 2 park days) with cooler temps to make a face mask easier to wear. Or wait until our May 2021 trip (with 4 park days) and hope the water parks are reopened. R says we can only do one. What to do, what to do.....
Hi Leigh, I've missed seeing you!
It must be so hard to have both your original trip (April) and your rescheduled trip (August) pushed even further out. When you are used to a regular "Disney fix", the unknown of when the next visit will be is difficult. May 2021 seems so far away yet it might be worth the wait for more park days, potential of water parks being open and Flower and Garden Festival. 🌺

Sad to say that today I cancelled my upcoming solo trip the last week in October. I have agonized about this for days, weeks, months and finally just "pulled the plug". With resorts at rack rate and the risk of Covid-19 being so great it was just the right thing to do. My DH does not care to travel to Disney anymore and his health is not that great at 72 so I just could not risk going and possibly bringing him back a virus.

Maybe next year if things improve!!
Sounds like you made the best decision for you and your husband. And it's easier to move forward once a decision is made....no more agonizing!

We also canceled our upcoming trip in December. It’s too hard to keep making plans and changing them. We’re going to try to do a week at the beach instead. Less planning. Hopefully less stress. We’ll see how things look over the next couple months before we make definite plans to cancel our February trip, but I think that’s likely to go too.
Back and forth wondering and second guessing is incredibly stressful, not to mention the disappointment of watching your plans disappear. I hope your family is able to take a beach trip....or do something else fun....to break out of the doldrums that has been 2020.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom