News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you think the parks bring in billions in revenue by operating on a slim margin? There is plenty of room for WDW to reduce capacity or prices and still be profitable.
Very Incorrect due to high overhead. Profit is made mostly from sales of high profit merch and other nonsense...some from food and almost nil from tickets and rooms.

They can be profitable...but not with 10...or a 1,000...or 10,000...

They are scrambling to find ways to reduce thar threshold number. Bet the farm on that.

Lilofan

Looks like the stormtroopers are going to be part of the Disney team to enforce the theme parks mask policy. They can wave and point their firearm at you and it is all in good fun.

eliza61nyc

I stayed at Seralago Hotel for $35 a night. And Baymont Inn literally right outside of AK for $45 a night. Both were perfectly fine. On top of that? Universal has their own value resorts that start from $80, plus 6 person suite options for just $120 per night.

So yea. Disney’s hotel pricing is ridiculous. Especially since you aren’t spending most of your time at the hotels.

edit: wait. Was your post sarcastic.. hard to tell on these boards.
lol I guess I'm spoiled. my husband booked us a stay at baymont Inn once, I told him, it would take years for CSI to figure out what I did with his body if he ever did that again. It wasn't in Orlando though so maybe the different locations are managed differently. Never, ever again. not my style but then again we go usually in August so we are at our hotel a lot and I've gone to wdw without park tickets to chill at the resorts.
I may do it again just to get my fix without having to deal with the parks and mask.

Seanual757

lol I guess I'm spoiled. my husband booked us a stay at baymont Inn once, I told him, it would take years for CSI to figure out what I did with his body if he ever did that again. It wasn't in Orlando though so maybe the different locations are managed differently. Never, ever again. not my style but then again we go usually in August so we are at our hotel a lot and I've gone to wdw without park tickets to chill at the resorts.
I may do it again just to get my fix without having to deal with the parks and mask.

Disney with no parks is just fine we have been doing July 4th weekend for 5 years and no parks. We hang out at the pools and swim and enjoy the relaxation. We are going it again this year it's a great time and this year the resorts will be pretty much empty.

Zeromancer

I do wonder then how they will let resort guest get first dips on restaurant reservations and park reservations. All by the app? And how many day’s infront. So many questions... It’s fine to set guidelines but they should answer the questions those guidelines make.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I do wonder then how they will let resort guest get first dips on restaurant reservations and park reservations. All by the app? And how many day’s infront. So many questions... It’s fine to set guidelines but they should answer the questions those guidelines make.
Not sure about the park reservations, but they have already stated that ADRs would be 60 days once the new reservation system is rolled out.

lisa12000

I think it would be safe to say at this point Disney would rather not have any UK visitors. They will not have the capacity in the parks to acommodate all the domestic guests, never mind international visitors.

There is of course also some doubt about the US opening the border, UK airlines resuming flights and the UK allowing non-essential international travel.

but then tell people just that - there are so many people with October and November reservations who are desperate to go and from noises coming from both sides of the Atlantic borders will be opened up prior to then. Just tell people that the parks will be open to international visitors after a certain date so people can cancel.

btw has the US banned Russians from coming to America yet..

gmajew

Premium Member
My guess is Disney is planning on this to continue until December with a hope of being back in full operation by that time. I know my restaurants are looking at a back to full occupancy by the end of October. But really really hard to make money like this for all business. I dont care when anyone says these restrictions or preventing us from being profitable.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is how I assume it will work. When the park reservation system goes live it will only open to guests with existing resort reservations in the next 60 days. That will ensure that anyone with a resort stay within 60 days from the time of go live will be all set with their park reservations. Let’s assume it’s live by June 1. That covers basically July reservations. Then as time goes on resort guests will gain access to book park reservations at the 60 day mark of the start of their trip. ADRs will likely only be allowed for in park restaurants if you have a park reservation for that day first. ADRs would also begin at 60 days out so for restaurants not in the parks everyone would gain the ability to book then. I assume they will open park reservations at some later point in time (maybe 30 or 45 days out) for people who have an AP or buy a regular park ticket but don’t have a resort reservation.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
but then tell people just that - there are so many people with October and November reservations who are desperate to go and from noises coming from both sides of the Atlantic borders will be opened up prior to then. Just tell people that the parks will be open to international visitors after a certain date so people can cancel.

btw has the US banned Russians from coming to America yet..

I'm sure Disney will accommodate those with a reservation in Oct and Nov if they are able to travel, but its obviously going to be very different. People obviously have different ideas, but I think the new park and resort conditions are going to be very challenging for people spending huge amounts of time and money on an international trip.

Russia stopped all International air travel in early April I believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom