Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilypgirl

Just refuting more of the "it's not a big deal" claims that keep insisting on popping up.
No one has said it’s no big deal but just not the big deal you constantly try to make it! You were definitely one of the posters predicting states that opened “too early” as you saw it would meet the same fate many did a 100 years ago. It didn’t happen and it’s not even close to happening! You were wrong!
Again the average person has over a 98% chance of surviving this if/when they catch this. If you aren’t the average person than you should stay home and stay safe until there is a vaccine or you decide you are comfortable enough to resume life. Everyone else should go on with their lives and take the necessary precautions to stay healthy.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If your perspective is such that the risk is a "so called" risk, then we are not having an honest discussion. I am discussing when taking the risk is or is not acceptable. You do not believe the risk even exists. Which is just factually false.

I mean the risk is still pretty dang close to zero. My greater concern for children right now is whether significant childhood illnesses are being missed in many due to the attention to Covid.

this doesn’t directly relate to children but we do know cancer screenings are way down since this all started and that many people are avoiding going to the doctor for typical exams. Is this impacting children? Probably a good question.

TrainsOfDisney

We’ve eaten out there times this week and really enjoyed the experience. The last few years we’ve tried to cut down on dining out to save money. Now I feel like I have an obligation to support our locals restaurants.

Why do you feel like you have an obligation? I haven’t been eating take out this entire time. About once a week I go into my coffee shop to get some coffee beans and I’ll order an espresso drink to go. Other than that everything has been mail order and instacart.

ImperfectPixie

No one has said it’s no big deal but just not the big deal you constantly try to make it! You were definitely one of the posters predicting states that opened “too early” as you saw it would meet the same fate many did a 100 years ago. It didn’t happen and it’s not even close to happening! You were wrong!
Again the average person has over a 98% chance of surviving this if/when they catch this. If you aren’t the average person than you should stay home and stay safe until there is a vaccine or you decide you are comfortable enough to resume life. Everyone else should go on with their lives and take the necessary precautions to stay healthy.
There have been plenty of people saying it's not a big deal. Just read through the thread...it's all there.

I still think we're going to see a bad second wave. Someone just posted pictures of people walking around in Disney Springs with no masks on the FIRST DAY OPEN.

lilypgirl

Why do you feel like you have an obligation? I haven’t been eating take out this entire time. About once a week I go into my coffee shop to get some coffee beans and I’ll order an espresso drink to go. Other than that everything has been mail order and instacart.
I don’t feel like it’s an obligation so to speak but I love to order out from one of the many local restaurants and use the “obligation “ argument to justify the extra expense!

lilypgirl

There have been plenty of people saying it's not a big deal. Just read through the thread...it's all there.

I still think we're going to see a bad second wave. Someone just posted pictures of people walking around in Disney Springs with no masks on the FIRST DAY OPEN.
I honestly don’t see the need to wear them outside especially if you are practicing social distancing and not talking to anyone. I take mine off as soon as I step outside a store and I don’t think I am going to take out the worlds population during the walk from the door to my car because I took of my mask!

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I honestly don’t see the need to wear them outside especially if you practicing social distancing and not talking to anyone. I take mine off as soon as I step outside a store and I don’t think I am going to take out the worlds population during the walk from the door to my car because I took of my mask!
I only wear mine outdoors if I can't guarantee the 6' distance from people...so usually I put it on just as I approach the store doorway.

ETA: It was clear in the pictures that not all of the people near each other were family.

EDIT 2: The masks at all times is Disney's rule. They should fully expect to be asked to leave property if they aren't willing to follow the rules.

ImperfectPixie

You’re arguing with an antivaxer...
Where is that eye-roll reaction when you need it?!?

My step-father doesn't believe in germs. He was undergoing chemotherapy until a month ago...and going to the supermarket every Sunday. He is NOT careful with anything...let alone masks or wearing gloves, etc. I really think he's walking around with a horse-shoe in a very uncomfortable place because so far he's avoided being infected by the virus.

lilypgirl

I only wear mine outdoors if I can't guarantee the 6' distance from people...so usually I put it on just as I approach the store doorway.

ETA: It was clear in the pictures that not all of the people near each other were family.
I have my own opinions on mask but rules are rules and they should have had them on . I guess it’s apparent if Disney is allowing this “rule breaking” to occur than many were right in calling it “ theater “ in terms of their requirement of them.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I have my own opinions on mask but rules are rules and they should have had them on . I guess it’s apparent if Disney is allowing this “rule breaking” to occur than many were right in calling it “ theater “ in terms of their requirement of them.

i was watching a live stream from Resortv1 a bit ago. As I watched for a few minutes, I would say 99% of people they passed had their masks on appropriately. The other 1% has masks pulled down, either to talk to their children, eat something, or for no reason I could determine. This of course is anecdotal evidence but it seemed most were doing a good job. I didn’t notice any great cause for concern overall.

Miss Bella

If your perspective is such that the risk is a "so called" risk, then we are not having an honest discussion. I am discussing when taking the risk is or is not acceptable. You do not believe the risk even exists. Which is just factually false.
I bellieve it’s a very tiny tiny risk The biggest risk in my life is getting in my car and dealing with all the crazy drivers.
Niether one I consider a big enough risk that I’m willing to stop doing the things that I enjoy. Now I’m off to my gym that opens today. :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
i was watching a live stream from Resortv1 a bit ago. As I watched for a few minutes, I would say 99% of people they passed had their masks on appropriately. The other 1% has masks pulled down, either to talk to their children, eat something, or for no reason I could determine. This of course is anecdotal evidence but it seemed most were doing a good job. I didn’t notice any great cause for concern overall.
I watched a few videos from DS including the walk through one Steve posted here and I agree. It was almost 100% positive and people following the rules. The one thing I noticed (not mask related) was the distancing in lines worked very well when they had the markers on the ground but when the line extended beyond the markers people definitely bunched up. I think Disney may take notice and extend some of the line markers or add CMs to overflow areas. I don’t think it’s a conscious attempt to break the rules, just human nature to want to get to the front of the line. Overall, I‘d say good job for day 1. Keep it up people if you ever want those parks to open.:)

rowrbazzle

As far as masks, there might be better buy-in if Dr. Fauci and Surgeon Gen Adams didn’t say publicly in March that masks were essentially useless.

A lot of people heard that, and so now assume the mandatory mask measures are empty feel-good gestures. And I can’t say I really blame them.

I can. I wasn't down with masks originally. They weren't N95s so I figured it wouldn't make a difference. But then I read more about it and saw the latest information and recommendations. Guess what I did...I changed my mind! If folks are assuming it's just feel-good while ignoring information, then I'll definitely blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom