Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Let's also consider that there are attractions with signage that doesn't make perfect thematic sense who would still suffer if that signage were lost. The Haunted Mansion comes to mind - it's a thematic masterpiece, but has anyone ever really felt it would be much better off if they got rid of those Gate Plaques? They don't make sense in-world, but they do valuable work for the experience.

Other examples...

1581113342784.png

Here's the sign for the ride...

1581113423159.png

But the toys aren't playing Toy Story Mania, they're playing the Midway Games Play Set (with a fourth wall breaking "TOY Story" branding on it).

1581113484257.png

Tavernacle12

Not all attractions are built to the same standard of "Immersion", even these days. This one is a bit more self-contained than any of the Galaxy's Edge or Pandora attractions, and the land around the Chinese Theater isn't necessarily designed to communicate what you'll now find inside.

It's also possible that the imagineers felt in this particular case that this attraction would need to be more heavily advertised than the new signless trend would permit. Assuming that their aspiration was ultimately that this be another attraction with no incongruent signage, which is not necessarily the case.

Let's also consider that there are attractions with signage that doesn't make perfect thematic sense who would still suffer if that signage were lost. The Haunted Mansion comes to mind - it's a thematic masterpiece, but has anyone ever really felt it would be much better off if they got rid of those Gate Plaques? They don't make sense in-world, but they do valuable work for the experience.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, as it were.

Part of me does wonder if there was a way this sign could say "Perfect Picnic" and then somehow "break" and flash Runaway Railway, telling the truth of the ride while still staying "in-theme" for the story, kind of like the Hollywood Tower Hotel/Tower of Terror sign. That could have been fun and covered both bases. But I don't hate what this ended up being.

I imagine they could have pulled it off but it would have been really hard with the neon they went with.

We just have to think of it in the meta sense that we’re seeing a show about seeing a show.

Surferboy567

How long? Looks like I’m actually watching Saturday morning cartoons tomorrow.

96 (maybe a little less) shorts. The average is around 3-4 mins each. With a couple of specials that run around 7 mins. Took me all day today, and a little bit of yesterday.

EDIT: Just counted with a calculator it’s 94 shorts. I loved them, so excited for the runaway railway.

Surferboy567

I've been caught up since last Summer (before Russi's death).

I’ve seen a good chunk of them as well. The runaway railway was good motivation though to get all caught up. The last short though, with Russi made me a little bit upset. I’ve seen the short before, but this time it effected me differently. I’m really interested to see what they have up their sleeve for this attraction. Like I said before whenever the shorts are musicals (Our Home-Spun Melody as an example). The songs are extremely catchy and the shorts are awesome, I’m hoping for a great song. All the shorts are great in their own way, sure their are ones that aren’t as good as others but none of them are not enjoyable to watch. We may have the next great attraction song on our hands. This has so much potential and I’m excited to see how they pull this off.

We also (basically) get another short out of this! Which is a win in my book!

also...POTATOLAND IS IN THE QUEUE everyone wins!

MrConbon

View attachment 447384
View attachment 447385
Don’t go in Goofy! You’ll turn into an ugly sewer rat drug addict!

Hasn’t the company been adament about no signs in Pandora and Galaxy’s Edge that are thematically incoherent? Why a different standard here?
I can’t even imagine being so petty about how the name of a sign isn’t thematically consistent. Guess we should remove all signs in all rides if they thematically break the immersion. Jesus Christ this forum.

celluloid

Not sure why good storytelling is being balked at.

It is not. It is just not alaways applicable. Courtesy is the one thing besides Safety that can(well should) be over show. In this and others it is the courtesy to let someone know what attraction this is. Pirates of the Caribbean is called the Pirates of the Caribbean on signage even though it begins before a time warp with no pirates. Splash Mountain is not called Chikapin Hill.

Also, thematically the Runaway Railway actually makes sense because by the end of it, you are starring in this adventure that it ends up being.

JohnD

96 (maybe a little less) shorts. The average is around 3-4 mins each. With a couple of specials that run around 7 mins. Took me all day today, and a little bit of yesterday.

EDIT: Just counted with a calculator it’s 94 shorts. I loved them, so excited for the runaway railway.

Yeah. That’s a 6 hour binge (94 shorts x 4 min/short = 376 minutes / 60 mins/hr = 6+ hours).

Well, its the weekend. Time to start watching.

dennis-in-ct

And we get what we are willing to accept and pay for, that’s the rub.

Had a friend tell me he just stayed at Paradise Pier hotel at DL and complain about how it’s barely a 3 star Holiday Inn at Four Season prices - and he’s stayed there before. SMH

For that reason we would rather stay at the motels on Harbor Blvd. This past November we stayed at Tropicana Inn and Suites. It took 7 min from the time we left the room to get inside the gates of a park. So it’s cheaper and quicker than the Disney hotel or Paradise Pier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom