Favorite Counter Service in AK?

Mickey5150

For the most unique food I would suggest Harambe Market or Satu'li Canteen. As for where you can sit for hours and enjoy yourself without any food it's Flame Tree Barbecue, best seats in WDW. My must do every trip is Flame Tree, but honestly you can't go wrong with any of the QS locations in AK.

crawale

Despite many trips to WDW over the years, I'm pretty unfamiliar with Animal Kingdom and almost never eat there.

I'm taking a one day break from a work conference in mid-January to visit Animal Kingdom with a colleague. I'm scouting out the best counter service and snack/drink options. This is my first trip to WDW without kids in a long time, so I'm looking for somewhere we can get some good, unique food and where we also won't mind sitting and relaxing for a while. I think we'll probably hit the Nomad Lounge at some point during the day, but my understanding was that you can't really get a full meal there. Where should we hit for a counter service meaI? I don't want to deal with ADRs. Thanks!
Satuli Canteen is great. NEVER go to Yak and the Yeti - inedible food at high cost.

DisNerd86

We are on our way home from a week long trip right now and spent yesterday at AK. Used to love Flame Tree but I think the quality isn’t what it used to be. We prefer Satuli or Yak & Yeti now, but don’t overlook the random kiosks. Yesterday we got fried chicken dumplings from a booth close to the bird show and they were the best thing I ate all day! We also saw a booth with some yummy looking pork dish and another with roasted corn on the cob. Enjoy!

Weather_Lady

Satuli Canteen is great. NEVER go to Yak and the Yeti - inedible food at high cost.

Yes, Yak & Yeti CS (not to be confused with the TS restaurant of the same name) is pretty much your average overpriced shopping mall food court-grade Chinese. (Granted, my kids love overpriced food court-grade Chinese, so I suppose there's no accounting for taste...) :)

awoogala

Despite many trips to WDW over the years, I'm pretty unfamiliar with Animal Kingdom and almost never eat there.

I'm taking a one day break from a work conference in mid-January to visit Animal Kingdom with a colleague. I'm scouting out the best counter service and snack/drink options. This is my first trip to WDW without kids in a long time, so I'm looking for somewhere we can get some good, unique food and where we also won't mind sitting and relaxing for a while. I think we'll probably hit the Nomad Lounge at some point during the day, but my understanding was that you can't really get a full meal there. Where should we hit for a counter service meaI? I don't want to deal with ADRs. Thanks!
we usually just get 4 apps to share for a meal at nomad. They also have newer, more entree like dishes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom