News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Considering how tall the show building is, I'm expecting some good drops, so it'll be interesting to see how they compare to Big Thunder and Everest
That’s what I’m hopeful we DON’T get lol!

I enjoy BTMRR so much because it feels faster than it is, but doesn’t have any really big drops, just lots of fun corners and the drops it does have are so gradual. I don’t feel like I’m gonna die on that ride haha.

Purduevian

That’s what I’m hopeful we DON’T get lol!

I enjoy BTMRR so much because it feels faster than it is, but doesn’t have any really big drops, just lots of fun corners and the drops it does have are so gradual. I don’t feel like I’m gonna die on that ride haha.

Both Space and Thunder mountain "Feel" much faster than they actually are. Space accomplishes this with a lack of visuals, the darkness and the "unknown" make it feel much faster. BTMRR on the other hand is a "Terrain" rollercoaster. By staying close to the ground at all times and having a lot of visuals very close to the train, it feels fast. GotG:CR could use a combination of both of these techniques if they choose.

montyz81

I apologize if this has been discussed, but where is the story now for the GoTG pavilion? Will there actually be some level of edutainment in there? I have been told that the entire Peter Quil visits Epcot storyline is gone and I am not aware of what it will be now. I am sure the answer is buried in this thread somewhere, but 657 pages to go back through is a lot. My question is, will there be a connection to the topic of energy education? The other two current pavilions in World Discovery do in fact provide some, albeit very slight, edutainment. I also assume that the Play Pavilion will provide some edutainment for kids. Honestly, with all the noise around climate change, how we use energy is at the heart of that debate. It would seem well-served if Disney continued with the edutainment aspect of Epcot and the GoTG pavilion as a public service even if not completely future-facing. Again, my apologies if this has already been discussed.

trainplane3

I apologize if this has been discussed, but where is the story now for the GoTG pavilion? Will there actually be some level of edutainment in there? I have been told that the entire Peter Quil visits Epcot storyline is gone and I am not aware of what it will be now. I am sure the answer is buried in this thread somewhere, but 657 pages to go back through is a lot. My question is, will there be a connection to the topic of energy education? The other two current pavilions in World Discovery do in fact provide some, albeit very slight, edutainment. I also assume that the Play Pavilion will provide some edutainment for kids. Honestly, with all the noise around climate change, how we use energy is at the heart of that debate. It would seem well-served if Disney continued with the edutainment aspect of Epcot and the GoTG pavilion as a public service even if not completely future-facing. Again, my apologies if this has already been discussed.
There will be a "big bang" portion to the ride. Also, there's this:
https://blogmickey.com/2019/10/guar...mic-rewind-will-contain-edutainment-elements/

Thanks to a press release from Marvel directly, we now know that there will be Edutainment elements in the pre-show areas of the attraction. After discussion about the backwards launch, the Marvel press release went on to say, “since this is Epcot, expect to find some real-world information about space and beyond in the preshow queue”.

thequeuelinelectures

I think the basic gist is that the pavilion is the Xandarian exhibition to show of their futuristic technology. You are gonna get on the little ships and use the jump FTL network to travel to Xandar. Somehow groot or rocket or someone makes a mistake and we end up launching backwards and traveling back in time rather than jumping to Xandar

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think the basic gist is that the pavilion is the Xandarian exhibition to show of their futuristic technology. You are gonna get on the little ships and use the jump FTL network to travel to Xandar. Somehow Groot or rocket or someone makes a mistake and we end up launching backwards and traveling back in time rather than jumping to Xandar

Indeed, the Awesome Mix Tape show in the Summer sets this up nicely:

1. Earth is on the galaxy's radar (thanks to Quill in the Guardians and that whole Thanos misunderstanding).​
2. The Xandarians, as the center of the Nova empire (think what Earth is to Star Trek's Federation), send delegates to Earth.​
3. The cultural exchange delegates think Epcot is a real-world World Showcase, and attempt to showcase Xandarian music until Quill shows up with typical European/American cultural imperialism and decries their music as bad and teaches them Earth music (namely, just stuff Quill is familiar, and thus, nostalgic over, which makes this the perfect archetype of Disney entertainment).​

And so, this sets up Cosmic Rewind:

1. The Xandarians set up in the part of Epcot that is a showcase of STEM their galaxarium, showing the formation of the galaxy and Xandar and Earth.​
2. Guardians somehow get involved and through one of their roguish shenanigans, gets caught up in the demonstration sending the Milano (and us) back to the Big Bang (or a simulation of it) in the roller coaster.​
And so, I wouldn't be surprised if the Quill-visits-EPCOT-as-a-child plot point is thrown out, or, at the least, is not the instigation for coming to EPCOT but just a throw-away reference.

Jones14

"Nicely" is a relative term...

In short, the "edutainment" will be on the same level as saying BTMRR educates on the economics of mining and RnRC educates on turbine engine technology.

But, I do hope to be proven wrong!

(And @MisterPenguin - that wasn't meant to discount your summary in any way! I think you are (unfortunately) correct.)
It’s not much, but if they must shove IP everywhere, I’d rather them at at least try to tie it back to EPCOT. This is an improvement over Frozen Ever After, if only just so.

sedati

I think I recall seeing this photo on twitter about a month ago. I believe that’s the uphill launch section.
The launch section is in the tunnel and this looks like the backside of the old building. It's also down at ground level. I think the cars might descend down into the under-construction maintenance bay meaning this is not part of the actual ride we’d experience.

Last edited:

montyz81

The launch section is in the tunnel and this looks like the backside of the old building. It's also down at ground level. I think the cars might descend down into the under-construction maintenance bay meaning this is not part of the actual ride we’d experience.
Now we are just referring to it as "The Old Building"? Poor UoE, so soon to be forgotten!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It’s looking like the plot is gonna start out as a wannabe EPCOT Center pavilion before getting tossed into a generic theme park attraction
3gq2mx.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom