News Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom experiencing extended downtime

Purduevian

Dinosaur is totally an E-Ticket in my mind.

Fair, Everyone has their own definition of Tickets. Even bumping it up to an E ticket... Compare the balance of the non-MK parks.

ParkMagic KingdomEPCOTHollywood StudiosAnimal Kingdom
Super E/ Show Stoppers3 (BTMM, Splash, SM)1 (GotGCR)3 (MMRR, RotR, ToT)3 (FOP, EE,KS)
Eish/Dish tickets Rides4 ( HM, PotC, JC,SDMT)4 (Soarin, TT, Rat,SSE)5 (RnRC, TSMM, SDD, MFSR, ST)2 (Dino)
Dish/Cish tickets Rides8 (PPF, JotLM, Buzz, Speedway, TTA, iasw, Pooh, PPF)6 (Frozen, LwtL, MS , Nemo)1 (Alien)3 (KRR, PW, NJR)
Aish/Bish ticket Rides6 (Astro, Barnstormer, Dumbo, Tea party, Carrousel, Aladdin)2(Caballeros, Figment)1 (Triceratop Spin
Transportation Rides3 (Vehicles, Train, Riverboat)1 (Friendship Boats)01 (Train)
Great Day shows1(HoP)2 (AA, GotG mixtape)1 (Indiana Jones)2 (Nemo, FotLK)
Good Shows6 (MILF, COP, Belle, Philhar, Bears, Tiki)5(Crush, de France, China, Pixar, BatB)7 (M3D, BatB, Lightning, Jedi Training, VotLM, Frozen, Junior Dance party)2 (Up, ITtBaB)
Other fun Experiences3(Tom Sawyer, Treehouse, Parade)3 (the Seas, Play Pavilion, Imaginworks)2 (Walt Disney Presents, Launch Bay)3(Gorilla Falls, Jungle Trek, Bone yard)

I know a lot of people will disagree with my ratings, but at the end of the day. EPCOT will only have 1 SUPER E, while all others have 3, and that assumes Guardians is a super E. DHS also only have 1 ride that is not at least a D ticket and NO A/B or transportation rides.

matt9112

Fair, Everyone has their own definition of Tickets. Even bumping it up to an E ticket... Compare the balance of the non-MK parks.

Super E/ Show Stoppers3 (BTMM, Splash, SM)1 (GotGCR)3 (MMRR, RotR, ToT)3 (FOP, EE,KS)
Eish/Dish tickets Rides4 ( HM, PotC, JC,SDMT)4 (Soarin, TT, Rat,SSE)5 (RnRC, TSMM, SDD, MFSR, ST)2 (Dino)
Dish/Cish tickets Rides8 (PPF, JotLM, Buzz, Speedway, TTA, iasw, Pooh, PPF)6 (Frozen, LwtL, MS , Nemo)1 (Alien)3 (KRR, PW, NJR)
Aish/Bish ticket Rides6 (Astro, Barnstormer, Dumbo, Tea party, Carrousel, Aladdin)2(Caballeros, Figment)1 (Triceratop Spin
Transportation Rides3 (Vehicles, Train, Riverboat)1 (Friendship Boats)01 (Train)
Good Shows6 (MILF, COP, Belle, Philhar, Bears, Tiki)5(Crush, de France, China, Pixar, BatB)7 (M3D, BatB, Lightning, Jedi Training, VotLM, Frozen, Junior Dance party)2 (Up, ITtBaB)
Other fun Experiences3(Tom Sawyer, Treehouse, Parade)3 (the Seas, Play Pavilion, Imaginworks)2 (Walt Disney Presents, Launch Bay)3(Gorilla Falls, Jungle Trek, Bone yard)

I know a lot of people will disagree with my ratings, but at the end of the day. EPCOT will only have 1 SUPER E, while all others have 3, and that assumes Guardians is a super E. DHS also only have 1 ride that is not at least a D ticket and NO A/B or transportation rides.
Mickey railway is in the wrong category just saying. New dosent equal E

Purduevian

Mickey railway is in the wrong category just saying. New dosent equal E

And I'm not positive that RotR and GotG will be the Super E I ranked them as. I keep hearing MMRR is most similar to Mystic Manor... If that is the case it will 100% be a super E draw.

Can we get @Purduevian banned for placing Living with the Land as anything other than the highest rating on his scale?

I thought I would get much for hate on this sub for SSE, PotC, HM and TTA not being Super Es! I know they are all amazing rides, but they just don't seem to be in the same category as the rest of them.

RSoxNo1

Regardless of your rankings, the fact remains that Epcot's attraction lineup isn't as strong as it should be.

Little Green Men

SSE and TT should absolutely be on there

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Your frame of reference is dated.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Of the 4 parks... DAK is in the lest need of a major expansion right now.
-MK needs high capacity NEW family rides, just look at the waits for the 7 year old seven dwarfs.

-EPCOT is currently getting it's big update... but will it be enough. They need some more top tier rides of which they will only have 2 (TT and GoTGCR). EPCOT needs it's 3rd heavy hitter and I'm not sure RAT is enough, Frozen and Soarin just don't cut it compared to the other parks.

-DHS is incredibility top heavy with 4 E tickets (ToT, RnRC, MMRR, RotR), 3 Eish/Dish tickets (SDD, TSMM, MFSR), and only 1 C ticket (Alien). DHS needs it's Fantasyland with 3-4 B and C ticket rides. The park is underbuilt with only 7 Rides

AK has the best balance of the non MK parks. 3 E tickets (FoP, EE, KS), 2 solid D tickets (KRR, Dinosaur), and 3 C/D tickets (PW, TriSpin, NRJ). Couple that with animal walking trails and the best 2 stage shows on property (fight me).
Hollywood Studios is great for people who like to watch shows, though. 7 attractions adds up when there are 5 stage shows. Although, to be fair, they ALL need an update.

RSoxNo1

So this reopened October 4th. Does anyone know for how long before "going seasonal"?

Edit: Best I can find. The attraction operated from 10/4-10/28.

Last edited:

lentesta

Premium Member
So this reopened October 4th. Does anyone know for how long before "going seasonal"?

Edit: Best I can find. The attraction operated from 10/4-10/28.

I don't think it operated continuously from October 4 - October 28. For one thing, there didn't seem to be anything about it in the MDE data feed from those dates.

We (TouringPlans) have Primeval Whirl wait-time data submitted from users on these dates:
  • Oct 5, 7, 8, 10, 14, 17, 18, 30.
We have users saying the ride was offline on these dates:
  • Oct 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 25, 28
It's possible that the ride was only online for a few hours on the days above in which it operated. (For example, if the ride only ran from, say 10 a.m. to 4 p.m).

Also, the MDE feed for Primeval Whirl abruptly started last night around 10:15 p.m., and stopped at midnight. It hasn't run today. Maybe it's getting ready for next week.

RSoxNo1

I don't think it operated continuously from October 4 - October 28. For one thing, there didn't seem to be anything about it in the MDE data feed from those dates.

We (TouringPlans) have Primeval Whirl wait-time data submitted from users on these dates:
  • Oct 5, 7, 8, 10, 14, 17, 18, 30.
We have users saying the ride was offline on these dates:
  • Oct 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 25, 28
It's possible that the ride was only online for a few hours on the days above in which it operated. (For example, if the ride only ran from, say 10 a.m. to 4 p.m).

Also, the MDE feed for Primeval Whirl abruptly started last night around 10:15 p.m., and stopped at midnight. It hasn't run today. Maybe it's getting ready for next week.
There were also reports that it was open on event nights on some of those "offline days".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom