HHN 2019 Sep 6 - Nov 2

Disney Maddux

Here's the map so far:

Ghostbusters - Soundstage 22 (where Stranger Things was)
Stranger Things - Soundstage 25 (where Poltergeist was)
Yeti: Terror of the Yukon - Soundstage 24A (where Scary Tales was)
Depths of Fear - Sprung Tent 2 (where Slaughter Sinema was)
Nightingales: Blood Pit - Sprung Tent 1 (where Dead Exposure was)
Monsters - New Parade Building (where Seeds of Extinction was)
Killer Klownz from Outer Space - Shrek 4D Theater 2 (where Halloween 4 was)

ryan1

They really need to figure something out for the area around Potter. Last year, and it looks like this year as well, that area was just a dead zone and takes you out of the momentum being built up between houses (I always go counter clockwise around the park so with B&T gone from MIB on there is just nothing). Which is a shame since in years past (pre potter) that area was almost always a home run for either a scare zone, house, or both since its the darkest part of the park.

Rob562

They really need to figure something out for the area around Potter. Last year, and it looks like this year as well, that area was just a dead zone and takes you out of the momentum being built up between houses (I always go counter clockwise around the park so with B&T gone from MIB on there is just nothing). Which is a shame since in years past (pre potter) that area was almost always a home run for either a scare zone, house, or both since its the darkest part of the park.

As far as I've heard, JK Rowling and/or Warner Brothers keep them from doing anything HHN with the Potter areas.

At most, perhaps someday we'll see the Death Eaters inside Diagon like they have in Japan's Hogsmeade.

However, I'd love to see them use some kind of projection mapping on the buildings (perhaps with some quick-to-install/remove physical add-ons) inside Diagon to make them look abandoned and destroyed like you see in the later Potter films, plus the creepier music all throughout. Still canon to the films without specifically being scare zones.

-Rob

ryan1

As far as I've heard, JK Rowling and/or Warner Brothers keep them from doing anything HHN with the Potter areas.

At most, perhaps someday we'll see the Death Eaters inside Diagon like they have in Japan's Hogsmeade.

However, I'd love to see them use some kind of projection mapping on the buildings (perhaps with some quick-to-install/remove physical add-ons) inside Diagon to make them look abandoned and destroyed like you see in the later Potter films, plus the creepier music all throughout. Still canon to the films without specifically being scare zones.

-Rob

Well that seems like poor planning on Uni's part. I don't want a house or scare zone IN the Potter area, all I want is a scare zone or SOMETHING in front of the area along the water or at the very least in front of F&F. That whole area is unthemed.

mergatroid

Well that seems like poor planning on Uni's part. I don't want a house or scare zone IN the Potter area, all I want is a scare zone or SOMETHING in front of the area along the water or at the very least in front of F&F. That whole area is unthemed.

Lighting set up for HHN near F&F already, I'd say definitely a scare zone there this year :cool:

JT3000

F&F is in San Francisco, which has usually had a scare zone the past few years. Last year was an exception, because they used the NY waterfront instead. As much as I’d like to see an extra scare zone or two, they won’t do it. They’re dead set on 5 for some reason (not counting the saws.)

And the London area in front of Diagon Alley is still Potter, so it is likely off limits.

mergatroid

F&F is in San Francisco, which has usually had a scare zone the past few years. Last year was an exception, because they used the NY waterfront instead. As much as I’d like to see an extra scare zone or two, they won’t do it. They’re dead set on 5 for some reason (not counting the saws.)

And the London area in front of Diagon Alley is still Potter, so it is likely off limits.

For me personally I'm pretty good with 5 (and the roaming chainsaw clowns etc). The main reason is it leaves a bit more space to maybe chill for a few minutes whilst having a snack or drink without the background noise the scarezones create.

raven

You wouldn’t believe the amount of people who visit Diagon Alley during HHN just to experience shorter lines. :joyfull:

mergatroid

You wouldn’t believe the amount of people who visit Diagon Alley during HHN just to experience shorter lines. :joyfull:

It's been great the last two times I've been. Last year Gringotts was just 15 mins to queue. The year before there was no queue at all. So much so that the cast member let me use the express line to save me walking as far and it was literally a walk on :cool:

mergatroid

It's also great to just see it at night since USF closes early most nights.

I was surprised they still had the Celestina Warbeck show on. There must have been only about 10 of us watching it but on the plus side it meant more chance that the dancers would come into the crowd and flirt with you :p

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
So the story goes, Us was originally supposed to be an original maze based on the Tooth Fairy. Something similar was done before at Knotts Scary Farm, though the concept never appealed to me.

Obviously, with Us being a blockbuster (by R rated horror standards), Universal wanted to capitalize on that.

mergatroid

I really like the sound of this one, hoping it's one of those houses that's beautifully themed. Certainly in my mind that's the potential element that stands out for me with this one. :cool:

Do cemeteries give you the willies? Then this one will give you nightmares. Graveyard Games is the next haunted house to join the line-up at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights.
In the Ascension Parish Cemetery, it’s normal to find teens playing amongst the tombstones. You’ll find yourself witnessing the repercussions of the disrespectful antics of two teens who have awakened the spirits of the dead. As you roam through the cemetery, you’ll wind through dark mausoleums and decaying piles of coffins.
Ghosts of every shape and form will rise from the tombstones to exact their revenge as you try to escape the maze of crumbling tombstones and mausoleums. Skeletal beings, ghastly apparitions and vengeful spirits will try to drag you to the grave. And in the end, you’ll find out what happened to those who set out to deface the cemetery.
Before you enter the haunted house, take the opportunity to chat with a few of the local teens and storytellers of the town. Starting Sept. 6, all you need is your phone and open Facebook Messenger to the Halloween Horror Nights page.You’ll learn the history and spooky legends the cemetery keeps. Better to be prepared for what awaits than finding yourself coming to a “dead” end.

:cool::cool::cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom