News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

TP2000

Who on earth is saying Galaxy’s Edge isn’t well run? All Disney parks are incredibly well run.

Yeah, especially when there's hardly anyone there.

What an odd thing to say about Star Wars Land. Looking at his Twit profile, it looks like he's a merchandising expert. So maybe he was referencing the displays and stock techniques in the uncrowded gift shops?

I must say, the interiors of the gift shops were really well done, expertly Imagineered and decorated!

Last edited:

MouseMelly

True that’s why I recommend for single riders to wait in the standby line. I think another 20 minutes to avoid being an engineer or gunner is worth it
We had a single rider with us. It was her 4th go and she’d never been the pilot. They gave her the engineer card.

I was planning to do engineer (my daughter and her friend wanted to do pilot, and my younger boys wanted to be gunners). I felt guilty not letting her be our pilot, but we waited standby and I also didn’t feel right making one of the girls give it up. 🤷🏻‍♀️

mickEblu

We had a single rider with us. It was her 4th go and she’d never been the pilot.

I was engineer (my daughter and her friend wanted to do pilot, and my younger boys wanted to be gunners). I felt guilty not letting her be our pilot, but we waited standby and I also couldn’t make the girls give it up. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hey you guys waited in stand by and she waited 10 minutes. I wouldn’t feel bad unless of course she has nobody in the world to go to the parks with ever. Even then, she can always wait standby.

solidyne

Hey guys, we’re hoping to go here on a week day in early September... am I right in thinking the park will be absolutely rammed? I’d like to go on this but would probably just prefer to avoid the park and spend time elsewhere if it’ll be crazily busy. Thanks :)
Are you thinking of Disney World? (If you are thinking of -land, then your post is very funny, given the one immediately prior. ;)) Jury is still out on Orlando crowds in September, but there is another thread on that around here somewhere...

Last edited:

Mickeyboof

what music is playing? is it the new john williams score or a different piece of music from one of the films?

It was an upbeat piece. Not the new song written for the land.

But it felt like whimsical like it would be playing out of a window in a OG Star Wars town!

I liken it to the Pandora area music. It isn’t from the films, but it sure does feel like they could be.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It was an upbeat piece. Not the new song written for the land.

But it felt like whimsical like it would be playing out of a window in a OG Star Wars town!

I liken it to the Pandora area music. It isn’t from the films, but it sure does feel like they could be.
Interesting. I gotta go watch some videos on you tube to see if anyone recorded it. i wonder if it was recorded by John Williams? You have me curious to hear it. Thanks for the info

DLR>WDW

I know this song very well now, it’s in my Disneyland playlist and I actually really like it.

This is not what plays at the docking bay 7 patio, nor anywhere else inside the land (besides the Smugglers Run Ride)
Oop, thought this was about SR. Sorry about that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom