Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

Back to the doctor today. She has ordered another MRI, marked “semi-urgent” - “urgent” is reserved for cancer; and she is sending me back to the surgeon. Presumably the one I don’t really like.

Also, she says it’s time to start using a cane until my knee is fixed and my hip replaced.

Just checked my birth certificate again. Yup, I really am only 51. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Told Mike that this is probably my last year for Space Mountain and Big Thunder. Once I get that new hip, those rides will be way too rough. Good thing I actually love IaSW and TTA.
The like is for loving IaSW and TTA, obviously not for needing a cane.

SteveBrickNJ

I got spoiled, was born in and resided in upper, upper New York State until I was 15. Those were the days. The Yankees almost had a situation where they were just handed the World Series before the season even began. Just about every year they won it. Also the days of Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Whitey Ford, Hank Bauer, Yogi Berra, Elston Howard, Tony Kubek and many others were on the team. They all played pretty much every single game, they played injured and played well, Whitey Ford and the rest of the pitchers on the team pitched a full 9 innings unless they were having a problem and pitched again the next day. Now they are all soft and spongy. They spend more time counting their money a not enough time trying to win. You could tell when Mantle was injured because when he was, he played 1st base. If he wasn't he played center field. Mantle only made $70K a year and he was a star. A lot of money back then, but, nothing compared to today's player. The ball boy earns that much now. I used to listen to those games on my 9 volt transistor radio during school recess and on weekends. Even if you had a TV back then it was impossible to tell the ball from the continuous snowy picture on the screen.
Very enjoyable. Thanks for that cool :cool: post.

PUSH

Original Poster
Back to the doctor today. She has ordered another MRI, marked “semi-urgent” - “urgent” is reserved for cancer; and she is sending me back to the surgeon. Presumably the one I don’t really like.

Also, she says it’s time to start using a cane until my knee is fixed and my hip replaced.

Told Mike that this is probably my last year for Space Mountain and Big Thunder. Once I get that new hip, those rides will be way too rough. Good thing I actually love IaSW and TTA.
The TTA is a top 10 ride for me. I love the nostalgia and the ambiance.

Thingamabob

You know I am certainly not liking your post for you having to go get an MRI and seeing a surgeon and using a cane and all that sort of jazz. I can't even fathom all that stuff. I just hope in time that it all gets better. The thing is missing out on Space Mountain and Big Thunder is there are so many other awesome ride within the Magic Kingdom that can occupy your time that missing those two will be just fine. Heck I have been to WDW where Big Thunder has been shut down while I was there and it didn't ruin my stay at all. So take care of yourself because in the end that is what is really important.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Nope. Crossed my legs. Plugged my nose. We were supposed to go on team boat springs again as a last ride. But it broke down when we were up there. I didn’t want to walk back down so I decided to slide down on the other option up there.

It was a lot of fun. More than I expected.

Happy to hear you had fun, and now you have bragging rights! ;) (Also, glad you "landed" without mishap; I've heard about a few who hit their tailbone and are somewhat sore afterwards. :jawdrop: )

NYwdwfan

Nope. Crossed my legs. Plugged my nose. We were supposed to go on team boat springs again as a last ride. But it broke down when we were up there. I didn’t want to walk back down so I decided to slide down on the other option up there.

It was a lot of fun. More than I expected.
What did the rest of your “we” do?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Oh man. I stubbed my toe (I blame @Thingamabob ) and ripped off a chunk of my “this little piggy went to market” nail.

I have two weeks for it to grow enough for a new pedicure before my brother’s wedding. In the meantime, current pedicure ... ruined.

Plus, it’s raining. I’m going back to bed.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
9. 6 of them either at Disney, or driving down to Florida over the years.

Fried bologna (with maple syrup, of course) and devilled eggs are staples of my childhood.

9034CE37-CB2C-4A91-A66F-B26D6A59C78E.jpeg

Goofyernmost

Oh man. I stubbed my toe (I blame @Thingamabob ) and ripped off a chunk of my “this little piggy went to market” nail.

I have two weeks for it to grow enough for a new pedicure before my brother’s wedding. In the meantime, current pedicure ... ruined.

Hey, don't take this the wrong way, but, if I were Mike I'd be taking some klutz insurance out on you, eh! 😨😬😧😲🦶

Songbird76

OMG OUCH!! I did that a few years ago. I was trying to put clothes away in my daughter's closet, and I slipped on a piece of paper she had lying on the floor, and my foot slid into her nightstand. I almost passed out from the pain. It didn't rip any of the nail off, just knocked the whole thing loose from the nailbed. I couldn't put a shoe on for a few weeks.
I hope yours isn't that bad! Hopefully you can get the pedicure fixed before the wedding. Mine took months to grow out.

NYwdwfan

I’ve gone to a lot of restaurants featuring tasting menus - they bring you a bunch of food - without a menu - and you just eat it. That’s where I had a bunch of them. You really need to be an open-minded eater to do that sort of thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom