Morbid Curiosity- deaths at walt disney world totals

jleslie48

Original Poster
I'm having trouble finding any numbers on this but I'm just curious. I'm not talking about "accidents" or crazy events, just the totals. I can't believe there aren't issues with heart attacks, heat stroke, etc. or just old people dying in their sleep. What are the actual numbers? I would imagine that heat related issues are more prevalent in July and August, so what are the numbers for real?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You'd have to do the research vs ask random people on the internet.
I doubt many people die of old age at Disney.
I also believe that most heart attack related deaths are made public.
People don't usually die of heat stroke. They just get dehydrated and faint.
I've seen ambulances and paramedics numerous times while at Disney specially in the summer but I've never actually witnessed a dead person.

Goofyernmost

Speaking of death... I believe I have officially reached the point and beyond where I can never be accused of dying young. Very depressing! I'm never going to become a legion. 👴🚑👻😇

jleslie48

Original Poster
Wikipedia has entire articles about injuries and deaths at WDW (and also DL/ Yes, it is Wikipedia, so take what you will of that, but anyway...

Yes I've read the entire article. I both am morbidly curious and have way too much time on my hands.
I saw that article too, but it seemed way too small. I mean, 50-100,000 people a day, walking 12 miles and in the summer, 95 degree weather, I can't believe they don't have a lot more non accident related deaths. When we go to disney, we actually prepare by going on actual 3-4 hour hikes to build up our leg strength, I don't think most folks do that and I have to believe there are a bigger number of folks that get in trouble from over-exertion.

We had an older gentleman 82 pass away on the Dream one night. They called Blue Star in all cabins to deck 2. We saw the coroners van pull up beside the ship in the am in Nassau.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

polynesiangirl

A family friend's relative died of a heart attack at one of the parks years and years ago. I'm sure it's fairly common, simply because Disney is A) visited by so many people, B) in a warm and walking/exertion-intensive place, but not sure you'd ever be able to get fully accurate stats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom