Captain Marvel Question

BlakeW39

It's not whiny to ask for more than just "Strong Independent Woman". Call me what you want but I made my point quite clear.

But you didn't make a claim, you asked a question and clarified that it wasn't rhetorical but oh wait! It was and you've already made your mind up. I'm not tryng to be rude either but there isn't any point in doing that.

General Mayhem

Original Poster
But you didn't make a claim, you asked a question and clarified that it wasn't rhetorical but oh wait! It was and you've already made your mind up. I'm not tryng to be rude either but there isn't any point in doing that.
I was very accepting of one person's answer that at least attempted to explain who she is to me. You paint me as if I'm some monster, but I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was very accepting of one person's answer that at least attempted to explain who she is to me. You paint me as if I'm some monster, but I'm just playing devil's advocate.
Except there is the problem. First as I posted before, and I noticed you didn't respond to it, its not the job of some forum to explain who she is to you. Only you can do that for yourself. Also you're playing devil's advocate with other people's opinions, which is not only arrogant but also down right condescending.

If the character doesn't resonate with you, then the character doesn't resonate with you. And that is fine, not all characters have to resonate with every movie goer out there. But don't sit here questioning other people's opinions and calling it playing devil's advocate when you ask for their opinions in the first place. She obviously resonates with a lot of people, you don't have to "get it" or to understand it.

Also just an FYI there is this little thing called character growth. The entire first 3 phases of the MCU was about Tony Stark's character growth from selfish arrogant playboy to being the selfless savior of the universe. It didn't happen over one movie, it happened over the course of 22 films and 11 years. So just because Capt Marvel isn't interesting or is a Mary Sue to you now doesn't mean she will always be that way in future movies. The MCU is a marathon not a sprint, be patient.

If she wants me to buy her merch she does.
Well then don't buy her merch, I'm sure Disney/Marvel will be just fine without you buying Capt Marvel merch.

General Mayhem

Original Poster
It's just a vapid super woman who doesn't smile y'all need to calm down.

BlakeW39

Please start reporting the trolls.

This might be going a little far. He is being hypocritical and a little bit childish ut hw isn't doing anything wrong or mean, and I don't think he's trolling, he's just not being productive. I think he could have worded what he wanted out of this thread way better though..

Prince-1

So, you already have a clearly formed opinion and you just asked the question to troll a debate. Nice.

Lol. You beat me to it. This guy (obviously it's a guy) has issues with strong women characters and had his opinion already formed when he asked his question. I'm sure he was one of those loser trolls who started to bash the movie on Rotten Tomatoes before it actually came out.

General Mayhem

Original Poster
Lol. You beat me to it. This guy (obviously it's a guy) has issues with strong women characters and had his opinion already formed when he asked his question. I'm sure he was one of those loser trolls who started to bash the movie on Rotten Tomatoes before it actually came out.
Wow how assuming of you. Also people are allowed to not like a film or characters especially when they are not good film's or characters. Just because some of you are loyal to the company doesn't mean everything they do is sacred. There are also such things as well written female characters that don't have to harp on about feminism. Anyone who claims it's problem against female characters has no argument and is simply trying to discredit the opposing argument through emotional response. This is you btw:

Prince-1

Wow how assuming of you. Also people are allowed to not like a film or characters especially when they are not good film's or characters. Just because some of you are loyal to the company doesn't mean everything they do is sacred. There are also such things as well written female characters that don't have to harp on about feminism. Anyone who claims it's problem against female characters has no argument and is simply trying to discredit the opposing argument through emotional response. This is you btw:View attachment 375420

Yep. That's me. The guy who has missed the past few Marvel movies BUT went to see Captain Marvel with my daughter. Damn you are good with this whole internet thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom