News Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble announced

mickEblu

As a kid in the 80s/90s I liked Disney animated films (and a few others), fantasy live action films, Star Wars, all the cheesy/ classic 80s movies and Super Hero movies. As an adult I still enjoy all of them except the latter. Why is that?

eddie104

I guess everything has to be the same and never change for the sake of a certain demographic of people. I get being highly annoyed at the cash grabs Disney is known for but come on now...you guys sound like old people at retirement homes.

Rich T

I guess everything has to be the same and never change for the sake of a certain demographic of people. I get being highly annoyed at the cash grabs Disney is known for but come on now...you guys sound like old people at retirement homes.
I very nearly am an old person at a retirement home. :D It’s all simply opinions. I don’t expect the Disney corporation to aim everything at my tastes. But Disney has changed and is no longer the company many of us grew up with and loved. That’s okay; they’re aiming at a different crowd now. And happily there’s a forum for us all to express our thoughts about it, good and bad.

Curious Constance

For me it's at the point where I'm staring at a screen full of CGI explosions, CGI stunts, CGI monsters and realizing I don't care about the fates of anyone onscreen. Not. One. Single. Character. I like fantasy, but Disney's take on superhero films is just noise and nonsense to me.
Not only do I not care about any of the characters, I start hoping they all die. The ending of Avengers was awesome! 😂

Curious Constance

Same here. I love movies like Willow, Return to Oz, the Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit but I have no interest in any of the Marvel films. Part of it is the setting I think, with most of them set in the real world. So can we really call Marvel Fantasy films?

I’m also over the 45 minute CGI battle scene finales with blockbusters in general, not just Marvel.
I’m sure there will never be another Lord of the Rings caliber movie ever made. That thing was all heart and emotion wrapped in epicness.

Sharon&Susan

Note: I am neither Danny or Jessica

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom