DVC discounts on meal plan?

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
I heard DVC members can get a discount on the meal plan. I notice they get 10% off at most restaurants, how does this work with the meal plan? Granted DVC members don't need the meal plan necessary, but it's something my husband and I really enjoy.

nickys

Premium Member
No discounts on buying the dining plan.

We can however buy the Tables in Wonderland card which gives 10% (usually) off meals, including alcohol. The DVC dining discount does not include alcohol.

Dvcreservations

Tables in wonderland basically works out to paying you back for tips. It’s value is dependent on how many times you use it during the year. If it’s used for one trip only, would not recommend.

What is the cost for TIW currently? It’s used to be a much better deal.

correcaminos

Tables in wonderland basically works out to paying you back for tips. It’s value is dependent on how many times you use it during the year. If it’s used for one trip only, would not recommend.

What is the cost for TIW currently? It’s used to be a much better deal.
$150

Which is why loosely speaking it takes so much to cover if a DVC member. If not, then it's half the amount. I used to get it when it was under $100 and the DVC/AP discounts on dining weren't great. Now it's not worth it to us even with multiple trips in 13 months because we do eat in the room so much.

slappy magoo

No discounts on buying the dining plan.

We can however buy the Tables in Wonderland card which gives 10% (usually) off meals, including alcohol. The DVC dining discount does not include alcohol.

Just know you have to spend about $1400-1500 to make it a good value with the DVC discount. Valet parking is free too.

With either TIW or regular DVC discounts, it really makes the DDP to be a bad deal in general.

The TiW is $150 and gives you 20% off your bill at most table-service restaurants. Some restaurants also offer DVC members a discount independent of a TiW card.

Here's a PDF of any discounts at any WDW restaurant for TiW, DVC members, Annual Park passholders or Disney Visa Card holders.

http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf

What makes it hard to determine whether or not TiW is "worth it" is where you choose to eat and if those restaurants would also offer a discount (which is usually smaller) just for being a DVC member.Since so many restaurants offer a 10% discount just for being a DVC member, saying you'll need to spend $1500 for TiW to "break even" for a DVC member isn't too far off the mark. Bear in mind, many lounges will also offer 20% off TiW (since I'm not too much of a lounge guy I'm not sure whether or not many lounges offer DVC members a discount, too, or what the discount is). And TiW includes valet parking at the resorts if you're driving, as well as complimentary theme park parking "for dining purposes." I guess there's a time limit on how long you can stay parked there, in theory?

correcaminos

The TiW is $150 and gives you 20% off your bill at most table-service restaurants. Some restaurants also offer DVC members a discount independent of a TiW card.

Here's a PDF of any discounts at any WDW restaurant for TiW, DVC members, Annual Park passholders or Disney Visa Card holders.

http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf

What makes it hard to determine whether or not TiW is "worth it" is where you choose to eat and if those restaurants would also offer a discount (which is usually smaller) just for being a DVC member.Since so many restaurants offer a 10% discount just for being a DVC member, saying you'll need to spend $1500 for TiW to "break even" for a DVC member isn't too far off the mark. Bear in mind, many lounges will also offer 20% off TiW (since I'm not too much of a lounge guy I'm not sure whether or not many lounges offer DVC members a discount, too, or what the discount is). And TiW includes valet parking at the resorts if you're driving, as well as complimentary theme park parking "for dining purposes." I guess there's a time limit on how long you can stay parked there, in theory?

Well said. And as far as I know there isn't a limit. I looked through the wording and don't see it. Now with valet going up in price it's a better value if that is something you use.

Wow! So much information! Hmm, thanks for letting me know. When we do end up with DVC, we'll have to make some decisions.

Good luck deciding on everything (including getting DVC).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom