New mission coming to Star Tours - The Adventure Continues

doctornick

My thoughts...

The inconsistent timelines bother me, so I am very supportive of having different story lines that are internally consistent. It would be nice to have more random elements within each timeline (i.e. more new trilogy options to make that experience varied).

Personally, I wouldn't do a setup where you have to "choose" between OT or NT but would just be randomly assigned in the cockpit. Keeps capacity where it is at, keeps a lot of randomness and re-rideability.

I'm hopeful that ST sticks around indefinitely. It is a great ride and while Big Bird will be a simulator, it seems like it will be a completely different type of experience. This works well as a "greatest hits" ride that provides good fan services in a different way than SW:GE will do.

Jones14

My thoughts...

I'm hopeful that ST sticks around indefinitely. It is a great ride and while Big Bird will be a simulator, it seems like it will be a completely different type of experience. This works well as a "greatest hits" ride that provides good fan services in a different way than SW:GE will do.

Agreed completely. Star Tours is the zany, fun, "Hey, look, it's Star Wars, and all of your favorite characters and locations are here!" Forbidden Journey to Alacatraz and Big Bird's serious, plot-driven Gringotts. I'll take comfort in its continued existence in Paris and Tokyo if it goes, but it would be a shame to lose it.

AEfx

Personally, I wouldn't do a setup where you have to "choose" between OT or NT but would just be randomly assigned in the cockpit. Keeps capacity where it is at, keeps a lot of randomness and re-rideability.

It's for those reasons I knew they wouldn't actually go through with getting rid of it anytime in the near future. I absolutely don't doubt Martin that it was part of the plan, but it just doesn't make sense on any level. I was just pleased that they seem to have dropped the idea so quickly.

- It gives those that are going to WDW for the "Star Wars" experience capacity for thousands more people to get their fix every day

- Because it covers so many eras and heroes/villains, it keeps people from being disappointed that SWL may not have their favorite

- Aside from the built-in re-ridability factor already, it can be updated indefinitely with new ride segments. Disney is going to be releasing more Star Wars media regularly for many, many years, the possibilities are endless.

sedati

Not sure if anyone else caught this, but I found a neat detail in the update.

It was recently revealed in an oddly funny "Forces of Destiny" episode:

Hera, Chopper and her ship the Ghost (all from Star Wars Rebels) had made it all the way through the events of the classic trilogy.

But if you look to the left just as the screen is revealed

you can see that the Ghost has survived all the way to the sequel timeline.

doctornick

So, I mentioned there was new scenes on ST to my son and he wanted to see them (I actually didn't want them previously) so I played the video. I mentioned all the scenes were First Order/Resistance scenes -- and he responds with pointing out that C-3PO's arm is not red. Obviously, we understand why this is the case, but it made me think that that would be one of the things they could change if they actually make specific theaters dedicated to old trilogy versus the new trilogy in the future.

I wouldn't mind the idea of having half the ST "ships" be original trilogy and half being new but I would prefer not having separate lines. I'd rather they just have one line and the CMs randomly assign people to different theaters (as they do now) just that some would be for one sequence and others for the other. And, I guess people "in the know" might request going to certain a set of theaters if they know which is which and want a certain timeline.

sedati

So, I mentioned there was new scenes on ST to my son and he wanted to see them (I actually didn't want them previously) so I played the video. I mentioned all the scenes were First Order/Resistance scenes -- and he responds with pointing out that C-3PO's arm is not red.
It’s hard to notice, but it is there– in the last shot where they were all waving goodbye to the falcon and Rey, his arm is back to being gold.

HauntedMansionFLA

From Bioreconstruct - where would a entry connecting ST with SWL by located?
6B8F55EF-2EC8-49C2-B413-C44D5DDCDC81.png

Princess Leia

I rode this three times two weeks ago, and these were my combinations:
  1. Stormtroopers/Droid on the windshield, Jakku, Poe, Crait, Batuu
  2. Kylo Ren, Jakku, Poe, Crait, Batuu
  3. Kylo Ren, Jakku, BB-8, Crait, Batuu
As this was my first time riding since 2008, I had a blast. However, there are some major inconsistencies with the queue and the ride right now. It makes no sense to reference the coronation of Queen Amidala when she has been dead in the Sequels for about 60 years, give or take. I also wish that Batuu wasn’t the only end option right now. Maybe they could create a scene based on the rich people planet from VIII?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As this was my first time riding since 2008, I had a blast. However, there are some major inconsistencies with the queue and the ride right now. It makes no sense to reference the coronation of Queen Amidala when she has been dead in the Sequels for about 60 years, give or take. I also wish that Batuu wasn’t the only end option right now. Maybe they could create a scene based on the rich people planet from VIII?

We had Maz as the messenger. An alternative to Batuu would be the space vessel that the SW Resort will be.

180º

Batuu is not its own segment; it’s just the ending for the Crait option. Similar to how when you’d get the Death Star, part of that sequence involved jumping to light speed and ending in the Rebel fleet.

drod1985

It's highly likely that the actors already had multiple theme park attraction appearances in their contracts for the trilogy. We got Finn in the TFA sequence, Poe and Hux in the TLJ sequence. Could be Rey and Kylo in the TROS sequence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom