MuppetVision closed until August 2nd for unexpected Maintenance

Goofyernmost

I can probably shed some light on this. I was there when the incident happened. Right at the end of the movie all hell broke loose and the fireworks were exploding and there were these penguins who shot a cannon and destroyed the whole theater!!! Good luck getting this reopened by August 2nd with the amount of destruction I saw in that theater!!
I knew they couldn't trust that chef! He talked funny, all foreign like! Cananadian I think!

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
As I mentioned before - I wonder if this really was planned. Having an exact end date seems suspicious. If it was a hole in the wall - I doubt they could say 'for sure Wednesday it'll be fixed!'
Good point, but sometimes... powers at be say, “it will be back by [insert date].” Seen that scenario play out a few times in Disney History, no?

TeriofTerror

A big hole in the wall? I thought Kermit said the theater suffered only minor damage? I bet the cannonballs from the penguin finally knocked the ol' Yell and Howl Projector out, and they need to retrofit for an LED lamp.

I always feel so badly for Kermit. He invariably has to be the patient, understanding adult. I wonder if he ever wants to scream, "Can't you figure this out for yourselves? Will you idiots ever get your acts together?!"
(Although in all fairness, I may be projecting a bit, here.)

Tavernacle12

When I went a few months ago the Penguins didn't work well, Sweetums didn't show up, and the speakers were faulty (and this is after they had closed it for a bit to fix it up). I imagine they wanted to get some emergency refurbishments in to ensure the attraction would stay open while GMR is down.

Captain Barbossa

I can probably shed some light on this. I was there when the incident happened. Right at the end of the movie all hell broke loose and the fireworks were exploding and there were these penguins who shot a cannon and destroyed the whole theater!!! Good luck getting this reopened by August 2nd with the amount of destruction I saw in that theater!!
Lol!! I needed that today.

Fox&Hound

This made me LOL! Thanks :)

MOXOMUMD

:joyfull: That was awesome.

Notes from Neverland

Why on earth would someone pay full price to get into DHS??? I guess they are clueless which isn't their fault but Disney is really turning the screws on these people who don't know what is going on.

Honest question - how do you know how many people are paying full price? Who is buying a single, one-day, one-park ticket just for DHS? I'd bet the number is incredibly small and those in attendance have multi-day, if not multi-day park-hopper tickets which make the visit cost relatively little, depending on how many days you buy.

Is it worth the gate price they're charging? Absolutely not. Are the majority of park visitors paying that price? Absolutely not.

Goofyernmost

Why on earth would someone pay full price to get into DHS??? I guess they are clueless which isn't their fault but Disney is really turning the screws on these people who don't know what is going on.
Still has more rides then it did when it opened. I wouldn't lose to much sleep over it, the only ones it affects price wise would be the single day ticket buyers and I truly doubt that that is a high percentage of people. Most of the rest use multi-day tickets and those are much cheaper per day and, now see if you can follow this, you don't have to go to DHS if you don't want to. If you do... well, I'll bet you feel pretty silly complaining about it.

Animaniac93-98

Then how can Disney come up with a number of visitors to the park if no one buys tickets? If almost everyone is a park hopper how does that park actually count as a park, shouldn't it be just another attraction? How does DHS rank as the 5th biggest drawing them park in North America if no one buys a ticket to go to it?

Either tickets are sold in a large number or the TEA/AECOM report is a complete lie? Why would anyone come up with a number of vistors to DHS if no tickets get sold?????

They go by first gate click. Those who visit DHS first, and then another park, are counted as DHS guests for the day.

Princess Leia

Honest question - how do you know how many people are paying full price? Who is buying a single, one-day, one-park ticket just for DHS? I'd bet the number is incredibly small and those in attendance have multi-day, if not multi-day park-hopper tickets which make the visit cost relatively little, depending on how many days you buy.

Is it worth the gate price they're charging? Absolutely not. Are the majority of park visitors paying that price? Absolutely not.
I'm using the park hopper option when I go this fall. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be going to to DHS.

DisneyOutsider

You greatly underestimate the draw that is Star Wars. I know people who travel to Orlando for no other reason than to ride Star Tours, meet Chewbacca, mingle with storm troopers and see the star wars fireworks. The new land will have a massive impact on WDW..

discos

You greatly underestimate the draw that is Star Wars. I know people who travel to Orlando for no other reason than to ride Star Tours, meet Chewbacca, mingle with storm troopers and see the star wars fireworks. The new land will have a massive impact on WDW..
THIS. Especially families with young boys. For us Disney fans, yea we wouldn't pay full price, but a family with kids that love Star Wars, they go to DHS as it is today and the parents become the kids heroes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom