Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Patcheslee

Not to make things worse, but most of those exits are not going to be intended for regular guest use. If they don’t trigger an alarm there is still a good chance they will deposit you backstage.
Better than being trapped in a line. If I'm that desperate to leave without backtracking through a line, it's a really bad day anyway.

RamblinWreck

incidentally the pre-trip DAS counseling should’ve been started by now for those with trips in late May. Anyone hearing the responses thus far for those applying?
I've seen some posted elsewhere.

It seems to be a hybrid of the new rules and old rules.

For instance, you call in now for a trip that starts on May 21, and you're still getting the same old screening you had been getting. But the pass is only good for the length of your ticket, you don't get to book pre-selections, you're limited to 4 people instead of 6, the new 10 minute rule will apply.

It makes sense I guess. They have to wait to fully transition until all the training has been done and any alternative accommodations are ready. So in the meantime DAS is still pretty accessible. But they obviously don't want to advertise that.

Angel Ariel

incidentally the pre-trip DAS counseling should’ve been started by now for those with trips in late May. Anyone hearing the responses thus far for those applying?
Reports from other boards indicate that all of the new procedures re applying won't begin until May 20th/june 18th for wdw and dlr respectively. Direct reports I've seen coming in over the last few days have been that the screening process has been the same.

ToTBellHop

When its too hot outside for me to enjoy certain activities, i just wait until its cooler. I had no idea i was supposed to demand accommodations.

I will say this thread opened my eyes to a lot of things. I always wondered how so many people absolutely POURED into the LL queues during parties, how groups of high schoolers would hop skip and jump through the LL lanes, why so may groups were entering the queue after the Mickey head turned blue, etc... Now i know i was a sucker this whole time, i just didnt know the key words to work the system.
My wife works with high schoolers who know how to explain their anxiety in a way that lets them skip lines…they can go to prom but the Haunted Mansion line gives them anxiety if it’s more than a 13-minute wait.

RamblinWreck

My wife works with high schoolers who know how to explain their anxiety in a way that lets them skip lines…they can go to prom but the Haunted Mansion line gives them anxiety if it’s more than a 13-minute wait.
On the one hand, sure, those kids are probably full of it. Or at least exaggerating to get something they didn't really need. And even if they weren't exaggerating, the new accommodations should serve them just fine rather than the DAS.

On the other, I don't think you have a very good grasp on how anxiety works.

Comped

On the one hand, sure, those kids are probably full of it. Or at least exaggerating to get something they didn't really need. And even if they weren't exaggerating, the new accommodations should serve them just fine rather than the DAS.

On the other, I don't think you have a very good grasp on how anxiety works.
If they are lying, those are the people Disney should be focusing on eliminating access to DAS for, not legitimately disabled people.

Comped

I think it’s fine that they are eliminating DAS access for nearly everyone.

Very few conditions can’t be served appropriately by something less generous.
You are fine to have that opinion, but for those of us who actually need the current level of accommodation, a simple line re-entry pass isn't going to do a dang thing... Nor is putting me in a wheelchair...

Ayla

When innoventions was actually innoventions we were able to test drive Segways.

I even think I remember Segway tours in EPCOT in the world showcase in the mornings before WS was open to guests.
Yes, all in highly controlled environments and the tour was before WS opened. Uncontrolled guests out in the wild? Not a chance.

Disstevefan1

Is the party over for these high schoolers or will they be able to use the same code words under the new system?

This whole thing will be interesting to watch.

Angel Ariel

Rider switch will, though.

You still get to skip the line.
It really isn't the place of anyone on this thread to determine for anyone else on this thread what appropriate accommodations would be for an individual's condition. These are the types of posts that end up down rabbit holes that aren't necessary or helpful to anyone right now. Mods on another board that I'm on have been pretty clear in recent days to avoid these types of comments, and it has helped to keep the speculation and defensiveness down.

I know the mods here are much fewer in number, and modding is a thankless job, so I'm not proposing they be responsible for anything more. But we as a community can work to avoid it on our own.

RamblinWreck

It really isn't the place of anyone on this thread to determine for anyone else on this thread what appropriate accommodations would be for an individual's condition. These are the types of posts that end up down rabbit holes that aren't necessary or helpful to anyone right now. Mods on another board that I'm on have been pretty clear in recent days to avoid these types of comments, and it has helped to keep the speculation and defensiveness down.

I know the mods here are much fewer in number, and modding is a thankless job, so I'm not proposing they be responsible for anything more. But we as a community can work to avoid it on our own.
While that’s fair, rider switch is functionally the same as DAS for the disabled person.

The only people who can’t be appropriately served by it are those with developmental abilities so severe that they can’t understand or tolerate their party being separated for a ride.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
There is a finite amount of G+ spots available. Yes, in theory, Disney could drastically increase the number if G+/ILL spots available for purchase to iffset the reduction of DAS users, but that seems unlikely since it would create the same issue of long lines and lack of value that got them to this point in the first place.
Genie+ rarely sells out with the exception of a handful of days per year. On those days of genie+ selling out ,LL wait times are definitely longer.

You have the DAS power users who already buy genie+ and they will now be making an extra selection or two each day that would have been time used for DAS. The current amount of DAS users who claim their child is autistic is most likely high. They'll continue to us DAS and most likely buy genie+ as well. Add in the new group of people who will now claim their child has autism (which will definitely happen) and who will also buy genie+ , and then add the people who Disney actually gives DAS to. Now add the people who currently have DAS and don't buy genie+ but will now be denied DAS and will most likely buy genie+

This will all add to the amount of genie+ users increasing and the amount of decreased wait time for standby and LL will be nothing major. Just an observation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom