Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Rodj

Looks like they might be doing something with the Sound Lab Figment AA. Not sure if it’s a full swap out with a temporary AA, the head was swapped out, or something else such as the molding not being secured correctly. Unfortunately there is no videos/livestreams with this yet, so I can’t really say.

Inspired Figment

Looks like they might be doing something with the Sound Lab Figment AA. Not sure if it’s a full swap out with a temporary AA, the head was swapped out, or something else such as the molding not being secured correctly. Unfortunately there is no videos/livestreams with this yet, so I can’t really say.

Bizarre, what I can say though is that the second photo looks terrible.. pupils in the eyes aren’t painted correctly (too small), making him look dazed) and the face definitley isn’t secured to the mech properly, which is what’s causing the space under the eye sockets and mouth to be drooped/stuck open like that.. yikes. Another thing that seems to be missing or temporarily not present in the 2nd photo is the eyelid mechanism that opens and closes halfway over his eyes to make him look surprised or ponder during his dialogue animation.. but yeah.. not good

Last edited:

Thelazer

Just pull out the old blueprints and rebuild it 1 to 1.. take the trains out and make them a kuka arm and update the lights / projection and leds. Do nothing else and it will have 2 hour waits daily.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No

Figment is finally showing how he truly feels about everything.

Moth

I’m thinking they won’t touch Imagination until after Test Track and Spaceship Earth get refurbished. Maybe a new show in the Magic Eye Theater, but the main attraction might take a bit.
I can see SE and Imagination going down together. Test Track is more of an issue going down than these two will be. Especially because of the fact The Seas and The Land can absorb the crowds that'd be going to those two better than a ride still on virtual queue and

...mission space

Homemade Imagineering

I can see SE and Imagination going down together. Test Track is more of an issue going down than these two will be. Especially because of the fact The Seas and The Land can absorb the crowds that'd be going to those two better than a ride still on virtual queue and

...mission space
I could see that, I mean I don’t think anyone would complain to see Imagination down in any scenario, especially if being converted back to something greatly anticipated. It’s all up to operations I suppose but it would be fantastic to have Imagination and SSE reopen in better iterations together. Now that they seem more comfortable with presenting blue sky ideas onstage, I would hope they include something for Imagination and then maybe an actual announcement for SSE this year. If all goes well I’d be much more satisfied with the park’s overall lineup. It will already be an improvement when Test Track reopens and then at least one of the three rumored projects for Epcot comes to fruition

UNCgolf

...mission space

I think SSE going down will have a bigger effect on park ops than people think -- while it rarely has long waits, there are generally always people in the queue even if the wait is only 10-15 minutes. It also can get 45 minute waits on busy days.

Since its hourly capacity is so much higher than Test Track, it probably keeps about as many people occupied as Test Track does, and may actually occupy more.

I think Imagination's capacity is even higher than SSE, but it's often a walk-on in a way SSE is not. Even on busy days you'll see at 10-15 minutes.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I've always liked Eric Idle, but this rendition of Journey Into Imagination has been.......awful.
Briefly cute and mildly amusing but a shadow of its former self.
I'm sure they have all the original plans, drawings and drafts. Please, bring it back so we can all move on.
The lines at this "attraction" speaks volumes of the popularity now and before.
When do they replace the skylight panels in Living With the Land? It looks like a 3rd world airport terminal!!!
If anything I feel they should make him the attractions antagonist in the next version. Where he found the way to "Capture your Imagination" for darker uses..
EeAQZDJXsAEkoZb.jpg

Earlie the Pearlie

If anything I feel they should make him the attractions antagonist in the next version. Where he found the way to "Capture your Imagination" for darker uses..
EeAQZDJXsAEkoZb.jpg
After some of his comments, I don’t believe he much cares for the ride, nor will he come back.
Unless he gets to call our man Figgy an animated little on the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

James Alucobond

After some of his comments, I don’t believe he much cares for the ride, nor will he come back.
Unless he gets to call our man Figgy an animated little on the ride.
I doubt he feels very strongly aside from occasional annoyance at being pestered by obsessive fans. Dave Goelz has similarly had to ask people to stop bugging him about Figment at completely unrelated events a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:

UNCgolf

I doubt he feels very strongly aside from occasional annoyance at being pestered by obsessive fans. Dave Goelz has similarly had to ask people to stop bugging him about Figment at completely unrelated events a few times.

He's also 81 years old. I doubt Disney would ask him to reprise the role and I doubt he'd be interested.

Sir_Cliff

Yes, it was honestly a little embarrassing how Eric Idle ended up getting hounded on Twitter back in the day for not recognising Figment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom