News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disstevefan1

I think there's every chance in the world it turns out as good as or better than if they did a book report style ride. The fact of the matter is we know next to nothing about the story or what's inside that mountain salt mound. People are running wild with speculation based on nothing but simple backstory that will likely not factor in a whole lot to the attraction itself, just like all the other attractions around the world with large and detailed backstories don't really factor in that much to the ride experience.
FIFY ;)

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240416_185510.jpg

"Down in New Orleans" playing out front right now. The pool noodles are gone from around the water lilies, and more of the plants and flowers have been installed. Looks good!

Edit: The instrumental of "Down in New Orleans" is also playing coming out of the load station, the same combo I heard the other night.

celluloid

I do think some of it is contrived, but on the other hand, I appreciate what at least seems to be an attempt to make the attraction fit a bit better into Frontierland than a book report would. The latter would be an even more transparent Fantasyland transplant, whereas this at least has the feel of striking out to work the land, open your own business, explore the wilderness, and encounter some critters along the way. Maybe not super successfully or elegantly (as remains to be seen), but I’m actually pretty okay with it not just being PatF: Abridged.

It is a book report. You just have not seen the media that inspired it.

LittleBuford

View attachment 779777

"Down in New Orleans" playing out front right now. The pool noodles are gone from around the water lilies, and more of the plants and flowers have been installed. Looks good!

Edit: The instrumental of "Down in New Orleans" is also playing coming out of the load station, the same combo I heard the other night.
This looks beautiful!

Thank you for all the updates!

zipadee999

View attachment 779777

Is the version playing in the pond instrumental now too?

donaldtoo

Since when is Dinosaur a classic ?

Generally speaking, a car is considered a classic at 20 years old, and an antique at 50.
If that standard applied to theme park attractions, Dinosaur, as well as many still existing opening day/opening day-ish attractions at other Parks, would be considered classics.
Which would also make every still existing opening day attraction at both DL and MK an antique…!!!!! :eek::hilarious:

Disney Analyst

View attachment 779777

Hmm, looks like something being done to the barn where the banner was removed?

Trauma

Generally speaking, a car is considered a classic at 20 years old, and an antique at 50.
If that standard applied to theme park attractions, Dinosaur, as well as many still existing opening day/opening day-ish attractions at other Parks, would be considered classics.
Which would also make every still existing opening day attraction at both DL and MK an antique…!!!!! :eek::hilarious:
Yeah but as can’t just start applying to everything!

That would mean I’m a classic.

We would be calling some posters here antiques!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom