Parking at the MK to Visit the Resorts?

Kman

Original Poster
We are currently at Coronado Springs for 10 nights. As a guest on site, can I get away with parking at MK and then walking to Poly? I'm assuming it works now that the parks don't have reservations. I believe we did this prior to COVID. I believe we tried it last year and we're stopped because we didn't have a reservation for MK.

Just wondering if I can do it again.

Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You can’t walk to the Poly currently. The walking path between GF and Poly is closed due to the construction of the DVC tower.

You can take the boat or monorail from MK.

I don’t think you will have trouble parking in the MK lot. You could always take the bus from Coronado to MK and transfer to boat or monorail to get to the Poly.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You can walk from the TTC to the Poly though, just walk straight past the Security checkpoint (to the West or to the left if you're getting off a tram). just follow the red line below.

1713120120651.png

Tuvalu

Premium Member
if they park at MK they can indeed walk to Poly from the TTC. They can also take the monorail from the TTC one stop to the Poly.

And if it’s a nice day… take the ferry to MK and then take a boat from MK to Poly!

You can walk from the TTC to the Poly though, just walk straight past the Security checkpoint (to the West or to the left if you're getting off a tram). just follow the red line below.

View attachment 779297
Yup, I flaked out. I was assuming OP coming from the MK not the TTC. :facepalm:

Eric Graham

We've always had wonderful drivers through Lyft. They so nice and have wonderful stories to tell you if you are cordial to them. Sounds like a lot to park at MK, but that's just my opinion. Doing a transfer at the parks to the Disney buses is always a good option to your resort. The bus drivers are very nice as well!

vikescaper

Unless you happened to get parked in the right section, that wouldn’t be any closer - but I’m not aware of any barriers that prohibit guests from using that walkway.
I was thinking if you were parked on the heroes side of the parking lot. It may make more sense to go that way instead of heading to the TTC proper.

Eric Graham

How? The Polynesian is right next door to the TTC. Super easy!
Sorry I've never stayed the Polynesian. Just walked through it. Was trying to help...Have a nice night. Kind of a bad day for me...Went to Y pool and someone shut down the whole pool..Closed till tomorrow. In my best Jim Carrey voice from Liar Liar , "It Wasnt Me!" :) Had to walk outside in the frozen tundra. Poor me.

TrainsOfDisney

Sorry I've never stayed the Polynesian. Just walked through it. Was trying to help...Have a nice night.
Oh, wasn’t trying to make you feel bad. Parking at MK lot seems the most convenient to me if they won’t let you park at the Polynesian itself. The TTC and Polynesian are right next door (with the bungalows and the new ferry dock they are too close in my opinion!).

But taking a bus to MK and monorail or boat over to Polynesian works too if you don’t want to drive or are visiting without a car.

Eric Graham

Oh, wasn’t trying to make you feel bad. Parking at MK lot seems the most convenient to me if they won’t let you park at the Polynesian itself. The TTC and Polynesian are right next door (with the bungalows and the new ferry dock they are too close in my opinion!).

But taking a bus to MK and monorail or boat over to Polynesian works too if you don’t want to drive or are visiting without a car.
It's quite alright. No worries. Take care.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I think the gist of the question is - Can you visit the resort without staying there. At least that's how I read it. Answer is yes. You may not be able to park there without an ADR.

If you can get there (bus, walking, golf carting, gondola-ing, etc) you'll have no issues. Only time I can recall where it was an issue was at the height of the pandemic (understandably).

Goofyernmost

The question was - can you park at MK lot no questions asked - and the answer is yes. Apparently during Covid you had to have a park reservation to park in the lot.
I agree! I have to admit I was having trouble figuring out what and why people were giving some of the answers. Coronado Springs is a Disney resort and it would cost nothing to park in the MK parking lot, from what I remember, to drive their car there, but I was having to wonder why, when they could take a bus to TTC and just walk over to the Poly. I'm pretty sure there is a walkway there from TTC. I guess the question is the reason why they want to drive there. Judging only from my own experience, I used to always drive to the parks (took the bus one day and would never do it again) because having my own wheels was quicker, no waiting for the buses to arrive and had a seat to myself with my personal AC calming my nerves.

thomas998

You can, but I'd just get a bus to MK then monorail so you don't have to worry about driving
If you have a car, use it. The buses are fine when they are running properly but having wasted 2 hours waiting to get on one when leaving they just aren't worth the risk. Your vacation days are limited, do you want to risk wasting hours waiting for a bus?

TrainsOfDisney

but I was having to wonder why, when they could take a bus to TTC and just walk over to the Poly. I'm pretty sure there is a walkway there from TTC.
There is a walkway - and they practically touch either. The issue is a bus from Coronado Springs would require a bus to MK - travel through security, then wait for monorail or boat to Polynesian. And reverse to get back. Depending on where the bus stop is, it can be as much as .3 miles to the monorail / boat launch.

If all you want to do is visit Polynesian - you would save time parking at TTC for sure.

DisneyFanatic12

Unless you happened to get parked in the right section, that wouldn’t be any closer - but I’m not aware of any barriers that prohibit guests from using that walkway.
Really late response, but when they’re parking the left side, they have a CM to help you cross the tram lane (for those who want to walk). If you tell them that you want to go to the Polynesian, they’ll give you directions to use the “cast member” bridge. So you’re right, normal guests can and are often encouraged to use that walkway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom