News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Was there any audio playing in the runoff up to the finale? Or is that also going to be Down in New Orleans after the drop?
The only music that I heard today was Dig a Little Deeper at the base of the lift hill. It was so faint I was questioning myself at first until I 100% heard the words "Dig a Little Deeper" and then instantly knew what I was hearing. I really wish it was possible to get a video of it to share with everyone, but because it was at the base of the lift hill, you can only hear it from in the park when the logs aren't moving and it's quiet. My last 3 trips have resulted in catching some incredible stuff to say the least.

Disney Analyst

I will admit, I don't like the idea of an uplifting/happy song playing as you go up the lift hill. The lift is meant to fill you with dread and then the drop provides the relief and the happy song comes after.

The lift was meant to do that, on the previous version of this ride.

There is no rule saying that any other version of a log flume need do the same. This could instead build to happy excitement, as opposed to existential dread and doom.

mickEblu

The lift was meant to do that, on the previous version of this ride.

There is no rule saying that any other version of a log flume need do the same. This could instead build to happy excitement, as opposed to existential dread and doom.

True but I think the ride would be better off with a change in tone at some point. It’s not just about the lack of suspense on the lift hill specifically but the fact that there is nothing to break up the romp through happy Town in general. I think this approach is better suited for rides that don’t have big thrilling moments. It’s also a bummer because this is just more of the same that Disney has been giving us. Think Frozen Ever After or BATB Tokyo. Disney is moving away from including anything dark/ scary/ macabre on its attractions so it’s upsetting to lose it somewhere else. TOT is now funny/ irreverent. They made Snow White less scary.

Also considering the pace you are going up that lift hill and the emotions riders are feeling its much easier to accomplish dread/ suspense then it is accomplish happiness/ jubilation. It's conflicting to attempt to have the rider feel happiness and joy when they are naturally feeling fear/excitement. The happiness/ joy/ sense of relief should come after the drop.

Disney Analyst

True but I think the ride would be better off with a change in tone at some point. It’s not just about the lack of suspense on the lift hill specifically but the fact that there is nothing to break up the romp through happy Town in general. I think this approach is better suited for rides that don’t have big thrilling moments. It’s also a bummer because this is just more of the same that Disney has been giving us. Think Frozen Ever After or BATB Tokyo. Disney is moving away from including anything dark/ scary/ macabre on its attractions so it’s upsetting to lose it somewhere else. TOT is now funny/ irreverent. They made Snow White less scary.

Also considering the pace you are going up that lift hill and the emotions riders are feeling its much easier to accomplish dread/ suspense then it is accomplish happiness/ jubilation. It's conflicting to attempt to have the rider feel happiness and joy when they are naturally feeling fear/excitement. The happiness/ joy/ sense of relief should come after the drop.

I get it. I just wanted to remind there are no rules.

Now if the old version of the hill works better than whatever the new version does, that can certainly be up for debate once we actually experience the story beats, and how the rides makes us feel.

The new hill could be different, joyous, and still work just as well as the old version, in its own way.

mickEblu

I get it. I just wanted to remind there are no rules.

Now if the old version of the hill works better than whatever the new version does, that can certainly be up for debate once we actually experience the story beats, and how the rides makes us feel.

The new hill could be different, joyous, and still work just as well as the old version, in its own way.

How it can work as well if the riders natural emotions are at conflict with what the music/ scene is setting out to accomplish?

DisneyDodo

This is what I imagine the lift hill will look like (minus Mama Odie, who we’ll see prior):
1711591778972.png

yensidtlaw1969

I wouldn't assume the music they've been playing recently is exactly what will be playing once the ride is open. They're likely just testing the speakers using the soundtrack from the movie. Nothing we've heard yet sounds like proper looping audio that would exist in a finalized ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom