Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

The missing ingredient was an anthropomorphic critter zydeco band in our hearts the whole time!

Lol. Really makes you wonder why they played up this secret ingredient (for the gumbo?) thing only to tell us before the ride even opens that it’s the critters we’ve been seeing in the only piece of concept art they’ve shared.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Lol. Really makes you wonder why they played up this secret ingredient (for the gumbo?) thing only to tell us before the ride even opens that it’s the critters we’ve been seeing in the only piece of concept art they’ve shared.
Well, they said it was a *missing* ingredient for *the party.*

People saw "ingredient" and assumed food, and not the other essentials for a party, such as a band.

People weren't getting all the information they were demanding and assumed "secret."

mickEblu

Well, they said it was a *missing* ingredient for *the party.*

People saw "ingredient" and assumed food, and not the other essentials for a party, such as a band.

People weren't getting all the information they were demanding and assumed "secret."

Oh the “ingredient” was for the party? Interesting use of the word. Was that the exact verbiage? I’m going to use that from now on.

Them: is there anything I can bring to the party?
Me: Yes, if you don’t mind. I’m missing some ingredients.
Them: oh, for the ribs or chicken?
Me: No, a bag of ice and paper plates please

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

We learned there’s been “ …a bit of a mix-up between Prince Naveen and Louis. Uh-oh!…”

And to think we worried there’d be no conflict or dramatic tension on this ride…. 😃

This is about as far as I got in the announcement (aside from scrolling through the pictures). These days I’m pretty easily triggered by the preschoolification of Disneyland.

retr0gate

I don’t think so. 😄 I think by “mix-up” they mean argument (though a fistfight would be awesome). They could certainly have worded that better.

Two ways this plot could turn out great:

1) By “Naveen and Louis having a mix-up” they actually mean the two accidentally swapped heads.

2) The ghost of Dr. Facillier kidnaps Gritty The Rabbit Who Likes License Plates Maybe Too Much and makes Bunny Gumbo.
My theory is that the "mix-up" is Naveen putting Louis in charge of the music for the party without realizing that all of Louis' suggestions would be other animals

mickEblu

Good point about adding drama , it needs some kind of tension to lead up to the drop where things get dark. Maybe my expectations were low but I think can be good (if they had to remove splash). My fav part of splash other than the ride was the great tie in of the music

I saw a take on one of the threads saying that the plot might be that it took so much time to gather all the band critters that Mama Odie's magic is needed to get you back to the party in time. I really hope that's not true. Not only does it lack suspense but how do you really execute that effectively when you have such a long distance between the final drop and entering the final show scene? "Let me hurry up and throw you down this waterfall so you can get to the party on time just so you can have another 60 seconds of floating through this flume until you get to the finale/ party." I mean I guess they can add some audio along that outdoor portion between the end of the final drop and the finale but in my opinion you would lose a lot of steam. That story doesn't really fit with the layout of the ride.

britain

This is about as far as I got in the announcement (aside from scrolling through the pictures). These days I’m pretty easily triggered by the preschoolification of Disneyland.

Here, modern-day Disney PR copywriter! Come revise this comment made by X Atenicio in a 1980’s Disney Channel look at how Pirates of the Caribbean was made. He says something about how more pirates died from VD than in battles. Do a good job! 😊

Mikomike12

Trees have arrived at Tiana's

Attachments

• TBADLTrees.jpg
    TBADLTrees.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 89

mickEblu

Was just listening to the PatF soundtrack in the car with the kids. Does anyone else think “When We’re Human” would be a better spiritual successor to “How Do You Do” than “Gonna Take You there?” Especially at Disneyland considering how fast those logs go and how upbeat our version of How Do You Do was. Unfortunately, lyrically it wouldn’t make as much sense but that could be worked out.

Last edited:
Was just listening to the PatF soundtrack in the car with the kids. Does anyone else think “When You’re Human” would be a better spiritual successor to “How Do You Do” than “Gonna Take You there?” Especially at Disneyland considering how fast those logs go and how upbeat our version of How Do You Do was. Unfortunately, lyrically it wouldn’t make as much sense but that could be worked out.
I want AI voices for Brer Rabbit, fox, bear, Mr. bluebird and uncle remus so I can make songs with them.

D.Silentu

Was just listening to the PatF soundtrack in the car with the kids. Does anyone else think “When You’re Human” would be a better spiritual successor to “How Do You Do” than “Gonna Take You there?”
Up until a few days ago I also had that song placement in my head; it is a great fit for the area. I do enjoy Cajun music, but I've always thought "Gonna Take You There" felt like a half-finished song, or at least one better suited to a freestyle jam. Reflecting though, I think that factor will actually be serviceable as we enter the mountain. Mainly chorus and instrumental, few verses with an upbeat melody. I think it has the right ingredients.

mickEblu

If true that “When we’re Human” is playing from LP to the lift hill most likely means the ride will be free of any sort of suspense. Even the rumored “we get shrunk down” plot point would be unlikely. Time to start mentally preparing for the collect the band members story

Last edited:

Professortango1

If true that “When we’re Human” is playing from LP to the lift hill most likely means the ride will be free of any sort of suspense. Not even the rumored “we get shrunk down” plot point would be unlikely. Time to start mentally preparing for the collect the band members story
We can't have suspense anymore. Conflict may work for stories, but new Disney attractions are all about visiting the world of a movie, being greeted by familiar characters, going down a wheeeee slide, and then exiting the attraction.

I wished all rides could be as simple and uneventful as Frozen Ever After. And now we are getting a new unthrilling overlay! I'm so excited to wave at the characters I know from the movie!

mickEblu

If true that “When we’re Human” is playing from LP to the lift hill most likely means the ride will be free of any sort of suspense. Even the rumored “we get shrunk down” plot point would be unlikely. Time to start mentally preparing for the collect the band members story

On the other hand if we get shrunk down to frogs or something else “When we’re Human” would make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom