News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SailorMercury

I feel as though the people, regardless of whether or not I agree with their takes, should be allowed to take note and criticism of the various aspects of the attraction as they come out.
To add to this, this is a discussion forum. Where discussion happens. What is the point of this forum if its just for construction updates. I get that on Twitter. This is where we criticize what is happening with the attraction, positive and negative.

Disney Analyst

Ted Robledo has also revealed that the Imagineer in the above video, Laura West, created the 17 original characters for Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

Here's what Ted had to say:

I’m SO proud of fellow Imagineer, project teammate, and creator of 17 original characters for TIANA’S BAYOU ADVENTURE. She is now part of an exclusive group of folks who’ve created brand new characters for the Disney parks. I’m absolutely certain the cute and adorable critters she’s created will capture the hearts of fans. GO LAURA!

So that's where the 17 came from, 17 original characters, plus all the characters from the film they are adding. Plus whatever non "musical critters" they may place about (frogs and such?)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Using the animated characters from a rated G movie. Yep, that is what I think of when I want thrills!

Let's be honest here, Splash and TBA are thrill rides and BOTH are based on kid focused content so any complaints trying to use PatF as a problem for this ride is being disingenuous if they weren't making the same complaints for the previous residents.
PatF as a source material isnt bad. How they are using the source material is what sucks.

We didnt have "Find Brer Rabbit's lost carrot- the ride."

celluloid

Iger does tour rides and give feedback on construction. It's well documented that he has given feedback on Disney Parks projects and changed their outcome. TBB is the only thing of significance coming to Walt Disney World this year. If he visits Walt Disney World at all (which we know he does about once a year), you can bet that he will take a tour of Disney's biggest CapEx project at Walt Disney World.
It is well documented becuase it is good PR in those specials. He really does not as much as people may want to think.
Again, he does not even visit of movies that are being produced at 200 million dollars. Princess retheme of an older ride is good enough for him not to tour. And if he has not toured yet, it would be difficult for him to give feedback that is significant.

It is not the era of the Eisner gong show anymore.

As far as the bolded.
That would be the building near the Poly.

MerlinTheGoat

So that's where the 17 came from, 17 original characters, plus all the characters from the film they are adding. Plus whatever non "musical critters" they may place about (frogs and such?)
Yeah the "17 original characters" thing has been known for a while. And wildly misinterpreted as there only being 17 AA's. Or rather, I suspect intentionally twisted by attention seekers to cause drama and spread a false narrative.

It's 17 individual new named characters, plus 10 returning characters from the film. So that's 27 known characters that will have figures. Then on top of that, many of these will appear multiple times throughout the ride. The most prominent of which (such as Tiana and Louis) will likely have 3+ AA's. But even a lot of the more minor ones should still probably have a couple each. I also expect there to be a number of normal animals that aren't part of the main band which will appear too.

Disney Analyst

Yeah the "17 original characters" thing has been known for a while. And wildly misinterpreted as there only being 17 AA's. Or rather, I suspect intentionally twisted by attention seekers to cause drama and spread a false narrative.

It's 17 individual new named characters, plus 10 returning characters from the film. So that's 27 known characters that will have figures. Then on top of that, many of these will appear multiple times throughout the ride. The most prominent of which (such as Tiana and Louis) will likely have 3+ AA's. But even a lot of the more minor ones should still probably have a couple each. I also expect there to be a number of normal animals that aren't part of the main band which will appear too.

Which all lines up with them stating "dozens" of AA's.

WoundedDreamer

It is well documented becuase it is good PR in those specials. He really does not as much as people may want to think.
Again, he does not even visit of movies that are being produced at 200 million dollars. Princess retheme of an older ride is good enough for him not to tour. And if he has not toured yet, it would be difficult for him to give feedback that is significant.

It is not the era of the Eisner gong show anymore.

As far as the bolded.
That would be the building near the Poly.

I am no Bob Iger sycophant. I know he's not down in the weeds designing things. But he is not completely hands off either. Why else would Bob Weis call Bob Iger his "creative North Star" if he was completely uninvolved? You're right that tours can be for PR, but they also can have practical results. This ride is really important to get right. And Iger was personally invested in it. It's been widely rumored that Chapek was uncomfortable with the cost, but Iger proceeded anyway.

Moreover, we know he toured Walt Disney World for extended period of time last year. He took the time to tour the new Moana attraction before it was open for example:

It's not at all unbelievable to think that Iger would have personally visited the Tiana ride too. Especially because it's much more important relative to the B Ticket water walk through attraction.

And good catch on the Poly. I should have specified theme park spending!

LittleBuford

Fresh photos from this morning

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55414.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55411.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55413.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55416.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55417.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55421.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55426.jpg

More at https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...u-adventure-construction---march-26,-2024.htm
The mural looks much better in the context of the overall ride than it did when first unveiled.

celluloid

I am no Bob Iger sycophant. I know he's not down in the weeds designing things. But he is not completely hands off either. Why else would Bob Weis call Bob Iger his "creative North Star" if he was completely uninvolved? You're right that tours can be for PR, but they also can have practical results. This ride is really important to get right. And Iger was personally invested in it. It's been widely rumored that Chapek was uncomfortable with the cost, but Iger proceeded anyway.

Moreover, we know he toured Walt Disney World for extended period of time last year. He took the time to tour the new Moana attraction before it was open for example:

It's not at all unbelievable to think that Iger would have personally visited the Tiana ride too. Especially because it's much more important relative to the B Ticket water walk through attraction.

And good catch on the Poly. I should have specified theme park spending!

It is not PR but all the things we know of are from specific PR quotes and channels. Notice your link source is not exactly candid. Bob Iger will be there when the attraction opens for some glory.

Can we get rid of the "this one is really important to get right" thing? It is less important because we know at the end of the day, people have the mentality that it is still one of Magic Kingdom's thrill rides and will be popular enough no matter what, now with Princes Revenue.

Bob Weiss quote is also from a PR situation. He also said he has a large admiration for Bob Chapek. So how would you feel about that, and can you agree with him there?

The Haunted Mansion movie was really important to get right.

While it is not unbelievable to think, nor should it be. Merlin is right here. Iger has not stepped foot in that site.

Last edited:

WoundedDreamer

It is not PR but all the things we know of are from specific PR quotes and channels.

Can we get rid of the "this one is really important to get right" thing? It is less important because we know at the end of the day, people have the mentality that it is still one of Magic Kingdom's thrill rides and will be popular enough no matter what, now with Princes Revenue.

The Haunted Mansion movie was really important to get right.

While it is not unbelievable to think, nor should it be. Merlin is right here. Iger has not stepped foot in that site.
You're the one with the more difficult argument. You're trying to argue that Iger has never visited the attraction and made notes. I'm suggesting that it's completely plausible, if not overwhelmingly likely, that Iger has visited the site of the attraction he green lighted.

The Haunted Mansion movie was already approaching its terminus by the time Iger stepped on board. Iger was aware it was going to bomb. Fixes to make the film palatable would have been more expensive than they were worth. That ship had sailed.

It's not remotely equivalent to an attraction that Iger personally approved, and that will last for decades. Getting it right does matter. Why on Earth would he tour the site of one upcoming attraction, and not another? Ultimately, I guess this is a agree to disagree sort of thing.

Bob Weiss quote is also from a PR situation. He also said he has a large admiration for Bob Chapek. So how would you feel about that, and can you agree with him there?
I don't know. I'm not Bob Weis. If he's a liar on his own social media page, that's a pretty bad indictment of his ethics and morality.

Chi84

Premium Member
You're the one with the more difficult argument. You're trying to argue that Iger has never visited the attraction and made notes. I'm suggesting that it's completely plausible, if not overwhelmingly likely, that Iger has visited the site of the attraction he green lighted.

The Haunted Mansion movie was already approaching its terminus by the time Iger stepped on board. Iger was aware it was going to bomb. Fixes to make the film palatable would have been more expensive than they were worth. That ship had sailed.

It's not remotely equivalent to an attraction that Iger personally approved, and that will last for decades. Getting it right does matter. Why on Earth would he tour the site of one upcoming attraction, and not another? Ultimately, I guess this is a agree to disagree sort of thing.

I don't know. I'm not Bob Weis. If he's a liar on his own social media page, that's a pretty bad indictment of his ethics and morality.
It’s not an agree to disagree sort of thing. It’s a fact that neither of you knows.

celluloid

No argument. Bob Iger has not stepped foot on that site for any sort of tour.

An E ticket of thrill and prominence in the Magic Kingdom, even if it was meh, will never lose the near 200 million a movie flop would.

No one said he should not have. It is fair to say he should have.

He hasn't.

Josh has. Other Park specific execs have.

Bob Weiss saying he admires executive leadership in any poetic language does not mean Bob Iger was hands on for a tour of the retheme of Splash Mountain last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom