News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Sir_Cliff

I think the Brazil D23 will be about the DinoLand replacement, I doubt they'll put South America in Epcot and DAK at the same time...
I haven't seen much suggestion a new World Showcase pavilion is on the horizon, though in theory I wouldn't see too big an issue with opening a Brazil pavilion around the same time the Tropical Americas section was underway at Animal Kingdom if they had a good deal with potential sponsors. The main issue is that the proposed pavilion from a few years back apparently did not include a ride or show, and I'm not sure WS needs more pavilions without attractions.

Weather_Lady

434877e5-57bf-40e7-908e-ccab851a22df_text.gif

OvertheHorizon

Competition should keep Orlando area theme parks on their toes to provide the best possible guest experiences. Yes, Disney is expensive, but Universal isn't far behind. Both charge $30/day for parking. Universal advertises 1-day ticket prices as "FROM $119" but when I randomly checked Wednesday, April 17th the price is $149. Disney advertises 1-day ticket prices as "FROM $109" but on Wednesday, April 17th their price ranges from $154 (Animal Kingdom) to $174 (Magic Kingdom). Neither company appears to be losing money. There are lots of things Disney should be adding... more countries to World Showcase, more attractions, updated attractions, electric light parades, better nighttime experiences, more lands to other parks, etc. If Epic Universe spurs Disney to "do better," I'm all for it.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
As I sit in the new World Celebration gardens finishing off my grapefruit beer, I can’t help but just take in the true beauty and awe of this space now. This entire area of the park is just absolutely amazing. I can’t believe it was once the most hideous area of any Orlando park as recently as six or seven years ago. The rebirth of Epcot is just amazing! God Im reminded of why I love this park so much!!

Bocabear

As I sit in the new World Celebration gardens finishing off my grapefruit beer, I can’t help but just take in the true beauty and awe of this space now. This entire area of the park is just absolutely amazing. I can’t believe it was once the most hideous area of any Orlando park as recently as six or seven years ago. The rebirth of Epcot is just amazing! God Im reminded of why I love this park so much!!
Are you having a Schofferhofer? They are my favorite for a hot summer day.... or most of the year down here in South Florida!

lazyboy97o

Anyone would like to share with why it was a disaster? I'm curiously interested in it don't know about it.
In short, they didn’t properly communicate what was what. Everything got a Universal Studios branding. So you had the existing Universal Studios Florida, the new Universal Studios Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios CityWalk all at Universal Studios Escape. People didn’t understand that these were completely different things and not just a few new parts of the existing park they knew as just Universal Studios,

Earlie the Pearlie

In short, they didn’t properly communicate what was what. Everything got a Universal Studios branding. So you had the existing Universal Studios Florida, the new Universal Studios Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios CityWalk all at Universal Studios Escape. People didn’t understand that these were completely different things and not just a few new parts of the existing park they knew as just Universal Studios,
In short in short, nobody knew about it so they didn’t show up

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Anyone would like to share with why it was a disaster? I'm curiously interested in it don't know about it.

You can see some of the TV commercials here (click on the video link for a playlist)

Basically they should have just advertised Islands of Adventure on its own as an entirely separate park at Universal, instead of lumping it all in to this weird naming idea for the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom