“Something major” coming to DHS???

doctornick

I would prefer losing the "Limo to the Rock Concert" theme completely... The Rock and Roll theme never really felt like it went with the 1940s Hollywood Aesthetic of the front half of the park... I have loved that ride, enjoyed every time I have experienced it, but would love to see bigger better sets, a storyline that fits with the "Hollywood" theme of the park...Maybe redressed THAT is the replacement for Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin...s riotous race through Toontown? I would just love to see them get completely away from current day Rock music acts and tell a new story...something connected to Disney...
RNR should be a different land than Sunset Blvd. honestly it feels pretty detached already despite the relative proximity.

Andrew25

I still don't think a reskin of an existing coaster with Taylor Swift would move the needle much....If it were a Taylor Swift Land and a live performance perhaps.... Aerosmith was a big deal back in the day and I seriously doubt that anyone went to WDW just because there was an Aerosmith themed coaster.... Likewise with this...Not saying her fans won't enjoy it, but I don't see it driving attendance to the parks....especially not for how short the attraction is, and we have all been on it a thousand times....
Don't underestimate the Swifties. The movie industry had to shift their schedules last year when they announced the eras concert movie release date.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm all for them re-theming RNRC to a super popular artist...every few years and, I honestly don't know if I could name a single Taylor Swift song, they would get a LOT of people in line for that and I know she has a wide appeal and is family friendly.

However, in my example, people would be mad when she eventually gets replaced. Aerosmith hasn't had a hit song in....2 decades? It's just way past time for them to have a new band or theme.
there's no reason to "re-theme" RnRc.... the building exterior is great....all they'd have to do is remove the Aerosmith specific portions and replace the music with various rock music / artists

Bocabear

I think a roller coaster to a generic "Rock Concert" would be a real downgrade... It would feel cheap. I think if it is to be redone, make it something else...get away from the whole Rock Concert storyline... More timeless... More Disney ...to quote Bob....

Bocabear

Yes she is a concert draw....but again, I don't see people actually planning trips to WDW specifically to see a re-skin of Rock and RollerCoaster (which already has crazy long waits) with a snippet of Taylor Swift music... It would have to be something new and completely unique.....

JMcMahonEsq

And that's good for them. But there's also a lot of people who won't. Not everyone is a "Swiftie".
Yes totally makes sense that you wouldn't go with the most popular of musicians of this young generation because " not everyone is a Swiftie." There were " a lot of people" who didn't like the four long bowl haired kids from Britain too back in the day. Definitely didn't work out for anyone doing tie ins with them.

Andrew25

Yes she is a concert draw....but again, I don't see people actually planning trips to WDW specifically to see a re-skin of Rock and RollerCoaster (which already has crazy long waits) with a snippet of Taylor Swift music... It would have to be something new and completely unique.....
Us theme park nerds will know it's a basic reskin of RNRC... but Disney marketing has special magic powers to convince people.

Again, no fan of hers, but it's not hard to see there's a significant market there waiting to be tapped.

Maybe it won't make the impact of SWGE, but it'll certainly draw more folks than Aerosmith did.

zombiebbq

I still don't think a reskin of an existing coaster with Taylor Swift would move the needle much....If it were a Taylor Swift Land and a live performance perhaps.... Aerosmith was a big deal back in the day and I seriously doubt that anyone went to WDW just because there was an Aerosmith themed coaster.... Likewise with this...Not saying her fans won't enjoy it, but I don't see it driving attendance to the parks....especially not for how short the attraction is, and we have all been on it a thousand times....
Respectfully that couldn't be further from the truth. People would go nuts. Aerosmith and the cultural impact they had not only historically but at the time the ride was made doesn't even light a candle to Taylor Swifts impact.

JMcMahonEsq

Your probably right about it not resulting in people planning trips specifically to WDW. But that's not the point. It's highly unlikely that ANY re-skinning of a ride (other than something fundamental, like a completely re-skinned haunted mansion or maybe space mountain) is going to accomplish that. But if your plan is to not tear down RnRC and build something completely new, going with one of the hottest acts of the generation, and virtually a musical "princess" to many young fans as a re-theme isn't a bad way to go.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Yes totally makes sense that you wouldn't go with the most popular of musicians of this young generation because " not everyone is a Swiftie." There were " a lot of people" who didn't like the four long bowl haired kids from Britain too back in the day. Definitely didn't work out for anyone doing tie ins with them.

Thats....cool?

EPCOT-O.G.

Original Poster
Us theme park nerds will know it's a basic reskin of RNRC... but Disney marketing has special magic powers to convince people.

Again, no fan of hers, but it's not hard to see there's a significant market there waiting to be tapped.

Maybe it won't make the impact of SWGE, but it'll certainly draw more folks than Aerosmith did.
No no no - I’ve been reliably informed in other threads that reskins are “new attractions”

Purduevian

I really think you underestimate how crazy many of these fans are. KC football ticket prices rose on the off chance a person would see her at the game. People track her friends weddings and stalk the facilities just to get a glimpse. Her concert merch trucks arrive days before the concerts and have people camp out for them (not to see her, just to buy her merch).

Heck national news stations aired multiple stories that she might or might endorse a presidential candidate...

From a subjective standpoint, I know many people that this would tip the needle of going to WDW.

lazyboy97o

She is such a concert draw that @lentesta has, using data, put forth that it is quite plausible that The Eras Tour had a negative impact on visitation to Walt Disney World.

Showing up for a few seconds in the stands during a football game impacted viewership.

If anyone could get be slapped into the ride and get people to book a trip it’s Swift.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom