I'm not going to renew my annual pass, how about you?

Andrew25

Gearing up towards Epic Universe, as a local who has the pleasure of being AP holder of all 3 major "resorts" (WDW, UOR, and SeaWorld/Busch), only pass I'm cancelling is SeaWorld. We can talk all we want about the decline in WDW... but SeaWorld's decline is far steeper.

Not to sound like a pixie duster, but SeaWorld ain't as cheap as you may think. Great benefits, but their parks are being run horrendously.

bjlc57

we just bought out of state AP's and are looking forward to going to WDW three times between this coming october to the following one..and maybe more depending on how involved my wife is in pin trading..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think Mr Iger's reputation has been tarnished for this second term, he hasn't rolled back anything i can see to help anyone ( don't even go there with the water park free day on arrival offer ) and that's the point isn't it, everything has gone up so much, food, tickets, merch, Remember the words, ''to all that come to this happy place , welcome'', that's a far cry for what we have today, the speech today would be, ''to all that try and afford to come to this happy place, good luck''. :(
Iger is responsible for what the parks are. No one else. Don’t be fooled blaming lieutenants or a one year fake ceo
I'll be buying an ap shortly for the first time ever. Also, you don't think universals ap is about to get a big jump once epic universe opens? It's going to be a lot closer to Disneys pricing.
Wait a minute…what?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Gearing up towards Epic Universe, as a local who has the pleasure of being AP holder of all 3 major "resorts" (WDW, UOR, and SeaWorld/Busch), only pass I'm cancelling is SeaWorld. We can talk all we want about the decline in WDW... but SeaWorld's decline is far steeper.

Not to sound like a pixie duster, but SeaWorld ain't as cheap as you may think. Great benefits, but their parks are being run horrendously.
Sea world hasn’t seemed to be slowing reinvestment…I’m curious about your opinion on that?

Smugpugmug

I haven't been to Seaworld in 10+ years but I went to Busch Gardens Tampa in October and I agree. The quick service food there was so bad that I was genuinely impressed. I didn't think you could make a theme park burger that horrendous. It was also more expensive than both Disney and Universal.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I haven't been to Seaworld in 10+ years but I went to Busch Gardens Tampa in October and I agree. The quick service food there was so bad that I was genuinely impressed. I didn't think you could make a theme park burger that horrendous. It was also more expensive than both Disney and Universal.
That’s sad to hear

Andrew25

Sea world hasn’t seemed to be slowing reinvestment…I’m curious about your opinion on that?
Epic Universe. One additional park in Orlando means people are going to have to start "trimming the fat" from their trips as people aren't adding days for an additional park.

They know that it'll be difficult for them to compete with tourists paying for WDW/UOR tickets, so they are now establishing themselves as the cheap alternative with cheap APs for locals.

People forget that at one point, SeaWorld was just as, if not more, popular than the UOR parks pre-Potter. In 2006, SeaWorld had attendance of 5.7M, IOA had 5.3M visitors.

SeaWorld has to reinvest as they've shifted from am animal presentation focused park to a thrill park.

$17.99 Chicken Tenders + 5% Surcharge Fee

I get that parks are expensive, that's the business model, but some policies they have in place at the park is just obvious price gouging and penny-pinching. Add poor maintenance, under staffing and poorly trained employees (fault of management, not guest facings ambassadors)...

Smugpugmug

That’s sad to hear
I enjoyed my time overall at the park (Iron Gwazi is the best coaster in Florida, period.) but it's way more run down looking than any Disney park in Orlando. Dispatching for rides was also insanely slow, especially for Cheetah Hunt. The next time I visit, I am strongly considering packing a cooler with sandwiches in my car and leaving the park to eat them rather than buying anything inside.

Smugpugmug

I get that parks are expensive, that's the business model, but some policies they have in place at the park is just obvious price gouging and penny-pinching. Add poor maintenance, under staffing and poorly trained employees (fault of management, not guest facings ambassadors)...
Beer is also more expensive than Disney and Universal. It made a Grog Ale at Animal Kingdom look like a bargain.

Andrew25

I enjoyed my time overall at the park (Iron Gwazi is the best coaster in Florida, period.) but it's way more run down looking than any Disney park in Orlando. Dispatching for rides was also insanely slow, especially for Cheetah Hunt. The next time I visit, I am strongly considering packing a cooler with sandwiches in my car and leaving the park to eat them rather than buying anything inside.
I'm very anti-leaving the park for a better meal outside, but doing it at Busch/SeaWorld has become the norm now lol

At SeaWorld Orlando, there's more than enough locations in the area 5-10 minutes away. And considering how understaffed they are, it might be faster to leave, eat and then drive back lol

SeaWorld has the best Christmas event, so I'll still find myself there at least once a year.

Smugpugmug

I'm very anti-leaving the park for a better meal outside, but doing it at Busch/SeaWorld has become the norm now lol

At SeaWorld Orlando, there's more than enough locations in the area 5-10 minutes away. And considering how understaffed they are, it might be faster to leave, eat and then drive back lol

SeaWorld has the best Christmas event, so I'll still find myself there at least once a year.
My group and I went to Olive Garden after our day in the park and our meal there was better than anything I ate inside lol We went for 2 days and tried different things too.

They do get a point for still having a toppings bar unlike Pecos Bill.

Jrb1979

I have been to SeaWorld multiple times over the past few years and see no issues with it. IMO it's run the same as most regional parks. I don't expect Disney/Universal level for them. Love all the coasters they are adding.

celluloid

Epic Universe. One additional park in Orlando means people are going to have to start "trimming the fat" from their trips as people aren't adding days for an additional park.

They know that it'll be difficult for them to compete with tourists paying for WDW/UOR tickets, so they are now establishing themselves as the cheap alternative with cheap APs for locals.

People forget that at one point, SeaWorld was just as, if not more, popular than the UOR parks pre-Potter. In 2006, SeaWorld had attendance of 5.7M, IOA had 5.3M visitors.

SeaWorld has to reinvest as they've shifted from am animal presentation focused park to a thrill park.

Odd that Busch Gardens Tampa got rid of the 5 percent surcharge but Sea World Orlando and other parks have not. Then they reopen the skyride to fanfare that was really loving it, to charge day guests for it each way.

Sad what those parks have become and under bad guest service will continue to suffer.

I have always said that the issue with Sea World's Parks was not how they treated animals and conservation, but how they treat their people but internal and guests.

Sucks to see because the 90s were so great.

Sea World, Busch Gardens and Legoland will likely suffer the biggest dent as well as the international drive side attractions as many lose their explore days as well as some Disney ones. Universal has helped turn International Drive into something more bustling than 192 the last 30 years. As Universal creates more to do and a bubble of staying onsite and transportation with the amount of things to do and spend on, that will strike differently for some.

Touchdown

I let my pass lapse, it’s the longest I’ve ever held a “Premium pass” with holding it Oct 2019-March 2024. Im currently a Universal Orlando passholder until Jan 2025, and own a Magic Key that won’t be activated until October.

As for my non premium passes, I have a Sea World San Diego Platinum Pass (SWSA, SWSD, SWO, Aquatica Orlando and San Antonio, Discovery Cove, Water Country USA and Busch Gardens Williamsburg on the list for the year,) a Cedar Fair Prestige Pass (Cedar Point, Cedar Shores, Kings Island, Worlds of Fun, Schlitterbahn Galveston and New Braunfels, Knotts Berry Farm trips planned,) Dollywood Diamond Pass, Silver Dollar City Silver Pass. I love theme parks if you can’t tell, doing a Holiday World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas day this year too.

Last edited:

Andrew25

I have been to SeaWorld multiple times over the past few years and see no issues with it. IMO it's run the same as most regional parks. I don't expect Disney/Universal level for them. Love all the coasters they are adding.
Don't get me wrong, I love the coasters, but SeaWorld used to strive for excellence and quality. Now they're just trying to do enough to remain in business. They used to run the parks like a resort-style park, now it's just a traditional regional park.

SeaWorld has a fantastic entertainment package (their Christmas shows and Ignite Fireworks are arguably higher quality than some of Universal/Disney's offerings).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I let my pass lapse, it’s the longest I’ve ever held a “Premium pass” with holding it Oct 2019-March 2024. Im currently a Universal Orlando passholder until Jan 2025, and own a Magic Key that won’t be activated until October.

As for my non premium passes, I have a Sea World San Diego Platinum Pass (SWSA, SWSD, SWO, Aquatica Orlando and San Antonio, Discovery Cove, Water Country USA and Busch Gardens Williamsburg on the list for the year,) a Cedar Fair Prestige Pass (Cedar Point, Cedar Shores, Kings Island, Worlds of Fun, Schlitterbahn Galveston and New Braunfels, Knotts Berry Farm trips planned,) Dollywood Diamond Pass, Silver Dollar City Silver Pass. I love theme parks if you can’t tell, doing a Holiday World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas day this year too.
…dude…skip a day 🤪

Jrb1979

Don't get me wrong, I love the coasters, but SeaWorld used to strive for excellence and quality. Now they're just trying to do enough to remain in business. They used to run the parks like a resort-style park, now it's just a traditional regional park.

SeaWorld has a fantastic entertainment package (their Christmas shows and Ignite Fireworks are arguably higher quality than some of Universal/Disney's offerings).
I think a lot of that has to do with they know their place in the market. They know they will never be on the level of Universal or Disney so they fill that regional park feel for the locals.

It's funny seeing the difference in opinion on the SeaWorld Parks from the coaster enthusiast community to the Disney/theme park community. Most in the coaster enthusiast community love how the SeaWorld Parks are constantly adding new rides every year or 2 to the parks.

Where as the Disney/theme park community wishes they would focus more on theming, food and better service.

Jrb1979

One year I would love to do something like that. The most parks I have visited in 1 year was 11.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom