Will Frontierland At Magic Kingdom Be Removed?

What would YOU do with Frontierland?

• Keep it.

• Redo it

• Don’t Care. I’ll be happy with Both

• IDK

Results are only viewable after voting.

GimpYancIent

What remains of Frontier Land is but a shadow of what it once was. Now adays who remembers Daniel Boone, Davie Crocket (much less) characters such as Zorro, Texas John Slaughter and Elfego Baca. All of which were Disney productions and popular at one time.

Going back in time:
1709854944694.png

Last edited:

DisneyHead123

I think they’re looking to transition to something like “Southwest Land”, with a continuation south of the US border, if the rumors about Coco are true. Not with that actual name, but in terms of vibe and theme. Which kinda makes sense. Cowboy movies are just not a thing anymore (for the most part,) but everyone loves some good Tex-Mex food and theming. New Orleans is different thematically but fits geographically.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
What remains of Frontier Land is but a shadow of what it once was. Now adays who remembers Daniel Boone, Davie Crocket (much less) characters such as Zorro, Texas John Slaughter and Elfego Baca. All of which were Disney productions and popular at one time.
Zorro huh? With regards to Zorro as a compelling option for theme park integration... ChatGPT says:
Integrating Disney's Zorro character into Frontierland, especially in the context of expanding the area with intellectual properties (IPs) featuring Hispanic properties like Disney's Coco and Encanto, presents several compelling arguments:

Cultural Representation: Zorro is a Hispanic hero, making him a perfect fit for an expansion that aims to celebrate and diversify the representation of Hispanic cultures in Disney parks. This aligns with the trend of incorporating more diverse IPs into Disney's theme parks, as seen with the upcoming additions of Encanto and Coco elements across the Disney World Resort.

Thematic Fit: Frontierland is traditionally themed around the American West, with a nod to Disney's earlier TV successes like Davy Crockett. Zorro, being a romanticized version of a Hispanic hero, fits well within this theme. His adventures can add a layer of intrigue and excitement that complements the existing theme park offerings.

Engagement: An IP-integrated expansion featuring Zorro could offer immersive storytelling experiences, such as interactive attractions or live action shows that allow guests to engage with Zorro's adventures. This could include scenarios where guests are drawn into Zorro's world, participating in his quests or facing his enemies.

Tourism Benefits: Incorporating Zorro and other Hispanic IPs into Frontierland could attract a broader demographic, including Hispanic guests and tourists interested in these cultures. This could lead to increased tourism and economic benefits for the theme park and the surrounding region.

Creativity: The integration of Zorro and other Hispanic IPs into Frontierland offers an opportunity for Disney Imagineers to innovate and create new, immersive experiences that draw on the rich cultural tapestry of these cultures. This could include the development of unique attractions, live shows, and interactive elements that celebrate and educate guests about these cultures in a fun way.

In conclusion, integrating Disney's Zorro character into Frontierland, especially alongside other Hispanic IPs like Coco and Encanto, presents a unique opportunity to celebrate diversity, engage guests in immersive experiences, and enhance the economic and cultural value of Disney's theme parks for all guests.
Of course it's only a serviceable idea if the hypothetical Frontierland expansion happens. It'd be shocking for sure if Zorro was included. Apparently Disney is working on new Zorro series for Disney+ so there's that. It's an interesting IP to bring to the discussion. Plus, it'd be cool to see a Zorro Stunt show!

Last edited:

jpinkc

Zorro huh? With regards to Zorro as a compelling option for theme park integration... ChatGPT says:

Of course it's only a serviceable idea if the hypothetical Frontierland expansion happens. It'd be shocking for sure if Zorro was included. Apparently Disney is working on new Zorro series for Disney+ so there's that. It's an interesting IP to bring to the discussion. Plus, it'd be cool to see a Zorro Stunt show!
Hell Zorro the Gay Blade was hillarious maybe offensive (ok probably) but George Hamilton is still around. How fun could that be in Frontierland. God I am Old......... my kids are telling me.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Hell Zorro the Gay Blade was hillarious maybe offensive but George Hamilton is still around. How fun could that be in Frontierland. God I am Old......... my kids are telling me.
It's 20th Century so technically Disney now. But I'm not sure that one will be on the streamer. lol It's not like they couldn't do something with the characters. They're iconic. Zorro is very much a "Western" and would fit right in with Frontierland. I'm looking forward to the upcoming series. I think the "old" serial is on the streamer right now.

jpinkc

It's 20th Century so technically Disney now. It's not like they couldn't do something with the character. It's very much a "Western" so it'd fit right in with Frontierland. I'm looking forward to the upcoming series. I think the "old" serial is on the streamer right now.
Yes it was, watched them a while back. Dont know if it still is. I always enjoyed Guy Williams

Mark Dunne

Redesign like Paris and you'll have a kickass attraction, rode it last nov, and it blows WDW out the water, design under the river, and add to tom sawyer island. 😉

SpectreJordan

I love Frontierland & I hope they never get rid of it. It's actually my favorite land at WDW. However, if it was up to me, I think it'd be cool if they reworked it. Make the current area from the shooting gallery to Pecos Bill into a New Orleans area to fit in better with Tiana & to have more of a westward expansion within that American area of the park. The bears aren't singing country anymore so they can just be a bunch of rednecks singing in New Orleans now lmao

Then use this proposed BYTM expansion to redo Frontierland. Move the shooting gallery over there, maybe build a BBQ restaurant, build a new western themed E-ticket (Lone Ranger or Zorro would be cool if it HAS to be an IP), then transition into Mexico for Coco.

Disney-Universal Fanboy

Original Poster
I love Frontierland & I hope they never get rid of it. It's actually my favorite land at WDW. However, if it was up to me, I think it'd be cool if they reworked it. Make the current area from the shooting gallery to Pecos Bill into a New Orleans area to fit in better with Tiana & to have more of a westward expansion within that American area of the park. The bears aren't singing country anymore so they can just be a bunch of rednecks singing in New Orleans now lmao

Then use this proposed BYTM expansion to redo Frontierland. Move the shooting gallery over there, maybe build a BBQ restaurant, build a new western themed E-ticket (Lone Ranger or Zorro would be cool if it HAS to be an IP), then transition into Mexico for Coco.
Nice ideas! A New Orleans Waterfront would be cool, with Pecos Bill’s being reworked into Tiana’s Palace. The country Bear jamboree, though…

Having a New Frontierland closer to Big thunder would be cool, something like park lores Magic Kingdom Buildout?
IMG_0258.jpeg

Walt Disney1955

Most people - younger fans - don't "get" Frontierland I find. A lot of Disney employees with this pie in the sky mindset don't "get" Frontierland either. The entire point of it is that it is a land that transports you back in time. The problem with Disney is that they are re-doing things that are going to be inferior. Tiana is going to be worse than Splash, the Country Bears theme will almost certainly have less charm than the original one. The entire point of Frontierland is that it has an old west type of feel to it. If that is controversial to people, then you need to get out more.

Bocabear

The Hong Kong version of Frontierland is not controversial in any way...
With the expansion over the year with Splash, Frontierland feels less and less Frontier, and it is also the largest land in the park if you include Splash which is in the middle of ot... I would rather see them change that whole land from Liberty square to Splash into an American Riverfront (late 19th Century New Orleans/ Mississipi River Delta) and then create a new, detailed and immersive Frontierland... Something closer to DLP's version, beyond Big Thunder... Move Country Bears to the new Frontierland...Replace existing CBJ with a new show based on New Orleans Jazz with Louis as the host...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom