Will Frontierland At Magic Kingdom Be Removed?

What would YOU do with Frontierland?

• Keep it.

• Redo it

• Don’t Care. I’ll be happy with Both

• IDK

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disney-Universal Fanboy

Original Poster
IMG_0315.jpeg

We all know it. Frontierland. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Splash Mountain. It’s been a mainstay of Magic kingdom since the opening of 1971. But recently, It been redos for the land ever since Covid-19. Splash Mountain, more like Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Country Bear Jamboree? Nope. Let’s do Country Bear MUSICAL Jamboree. All of these rethemed are due to controversy surrounding the lands certain themes, and with all of this combined? Is Frontierland TOO contriversial to keep around?

DisneyFanatic12

I don’t think Frontierland is too controversial to keep around at all. However, at this point I do think that a “New Frontierland” could make sense, perhaps on the other side of BTMRR.

I’ll say something really controversial for many… Tom Sawer Island fits in better with TBA, and Frontierland has always been small and lacking to me. Splash and BTMRR held the land together attraction wise, with BTMRR really pulling the weight thematically. Building upon the theme that BTMRR sets more could be beneficial for the overall theme of the land, in my opinion.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 771777
We all know it. Frontierland. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Splash Mountain. It’s been a mainstay of Magic kingdom since the opening of 1971. But recently, It been redos for the land ever since Covid-19. Splash Mountain, more like Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Country Bear Jamboree? Nope. Let’s do Country Bear MUSICAL Jamboree. All of these rethemed are due to controversy surrounding the lands certain themes, and with all of this combined? Is Frontierland TOO contriversial to keep around?

No. Its just as hypothetical, contrived, and sanitized (as well as highly themed) as other areas in this and other parks.

JoeCamel

I don’t think Frontierland is too controversial to keep around at all. However, at this point I do think that a “New Frontierland” could make sense, perhaps on the other side of BTMRR.

I’ll say something really controversial for many… Tom Sawer Island fits in better with TBA, and Frontierland has always been small and lacking to me. Splash and BTMRR held the land together attraction wise, with BTMRR really pulling the weight thematically. Building upon the theme that BTMRR sets more could be beneficial for the overall theme of the land, in my opinion.
If they parked the boat they could turn the whole RoA into an authentic cypress swamp in less time than to build a new park. Everything Tiana all the time with a dark dark dive into the other side on the other side

Club Cooloholic

View attachment 771777
It's not a ton of retheming. Splash Mountain wasn't even around till the 90s, I actually think the they are retheming it because they want to make more merch money with the IP tie ins and it gives a Princess a ride.
The only reason Country Bears is being rethemed, is because the ride is old, and few people are interested in it. I can't recall the last time I was in it and the theater was packed.

FutureCEO

A land with one ride and another one ride land in the middle. Something is going to happen. Though lands are only two rides now a days. The only reason why Toy Story land has 3 because one already existed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom