News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

doctornick

You mean DAK? DHS doesn’t have pyro constraints and they have Fantasmic which is a very compelling show.

Well, DHS has "pyro constraints" in the sense that they can't put a launch site in a good location to have them centered over the icon in the hub. I don't think they are even using the large (off center) site they build across the street any more, are they?

While the existence of F! makes a hub nighttime spectacular less of a priority for DHS than a show in DAK would be, there's certainly the argument that DHS could use some enhancement.

TrainsOfDisney

Well, DHS has "pyro constraints" in the sense that they can't put a launch site in a good location to have them centered over the icon in the hub. I don't think they are even using the large (off center) site they build across the street any more, are they?

While the existence of F! makes a hub nighttime spectacular less of a priority for DHS than a show in DAK would be, there's certainly the argument that DHS could use some enhancement.
Those are constraints that can be fixed with money and being willing to close portions of the park at night.

They could do a great show with more low-level pyro from the in park launch sites as well.

SoFloMagic

DHS used to show fireworks with F!, so I presume there is still a need. You could put on a cool Star Wars show with the low pyro and drones, I imagine. Not sure how many rides would need to close, though.
Prob just runaway railway, right? If they just used the Chinese Theater launches and not the full jingle bam "perimeters" from the frozen theater

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
In addition to the large spotlights returning the original Tangled pyro returned! The only pyro that isn't back to normal are the castle pyro at the beginning.
Original Pyro that returned last night:
Old 2023 Pyro:
Current 2024 Opening:
2017 Original Pyro:

Two things:
First, how close is the show to 2017 quality (fireworks and effects)? Second, the change of that opening pyro is pretty recent, correct? I feel like it remember seeing it with the classic pyro for the opening show in 2023.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Two things:
First, how close is the show to 2017 quality (fireworks and effects)? Second, the change of that opening pyro is pretty recent, correct? I feel like it remember seeing it with the classic pyro for the opening show in 2023.
It was the opening pyro change is relatively new change, Im not sure when it happened but at least since November when I saw it in person.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It was the opening pyro change is relatively new change, Im not sure when it happened but at least since November when I saw it in person.
Update, original pyro returned last night. Ok I'm not saying that pointing these things out on here works, but every time things are pointed out they're seemingly fixed very soon after. That or it's just a coincidence.

gerarar

Premium Member
The new spotlights are also being used again in Disney Enchantment. They shine yellow during the finale and post-show!
1000010135.jpg

1000010141.jpg

1000010143.jpg

wtyy21

Great! But weren't they in Oct 2021 DE?
If you refer to original DE, yes. But, when Walt, Roy, Mickey, and park segments added in August 2022 and therefore becoming a 18-minute show, the 5 bigger spotlight effects at either sides were turned off due to problems resulting from turning on the larger falcon beam effects (it must be happened in late-July two years ago when the original 15-minute DE still played). I believe these lights were also not appeared at DIsney's Not-so-spooky spectacular and MInnie's Wonderful Christmastime fireworks last year.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

If you refer to original DE, yes. But, when Walt, Roy, Mickey, and park segments added in August 2022 and therefore becoming a 18-minute show, the 5 bigger spotlight effects at either sides were turned off due to problems resulting from turning on the effects (i must be happened in late-July two years ago when the original 15-minute DE still played). I believe these lights were also not appeared at DIsney's Not-so-spooky spectacular and MInnie's Wonderful Christmastime fireworks last year.
So are these New(like a Replacement) or did MK just Fix them?

MTBaymax

If you refer to original DE, yes. But, when Walt, Roy, Mickey, and park segments added in August 2022 and therefore becoming a 18-minute show, the 5 bigger spotlight effects at either sides were turned off due to problems resulting from turning on the larger falcon beam effects (it must be happened in late-July two years ago when the original 15-minute DE still played).
There have been videos where the high beams were turned off even before they added the new segments.
So are these New(like a Replacement) or did MK just Fix them?
From what I heard, they were definitely fixed. The company that used to make them went belly up during the End Times.

jrhwdw

There have been videos where the high beams were turned off even before they added the new segments.

From what I heard, they were definitely fixed. The company that used to make them went belly up during the End Times.
So, there not new or replaced, Thanks! Some people(not on here) were claiming the Spotlights were new.......

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
I’m glad this has turned into basically an effects thread, so here’s my question.
During Enchantment, there are moving spotlights that pan over the crowd in the opening fanfare, and periodically move around throughout the show. They appear to be on the same light trees used during HEA, but for some reason I haven’t seen any videos with them moving since it returned. Were these lights added for Enchantment, or have they always been there and I never noticed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom