Rumors. Musings. Casual.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That’s funny because I was jsut rereading part of the Roger’s commission history on the anniversary the other day…

Very similar correlation regarding mistakes…where they attempted to tell people what they saw wasn’t the case because a pre-determined, inflexible “strategic” plan that wasn’t realistic
Aka The Emperor has no clothes. Group think is always more dangerous the larger the organization gets.

I'll still ride this plane crash into the ground as my exposure is minimal and there are an increasing number of alternatives. It's just a vacation spot to me. I know, sacrilege.

pheneix

Original Poster
Last five years their movie studio has sucked. Peacock loses money. Their TV business is a little more stable than Disney. But it’s in managed decline.

If their theme parks had not become wildly successful and brought in a level of cash that even Comcast didn’t predict, NBCU would be as bad off as WBD.

Comcast knows this. And they're choosing to expand their volume. Disney goes the other way. Margin obsessed. Bleed them dry.
Explain this.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Also, another random.

I don’t know how you expand magic kingdoms capacity. The difficulties they have managing this volume with their transit system don’t change. They get worse. MK just gets more overrun and more charm sucked out as they need more concrete just to move people.

They should have built a third Disneyland in the USA a long time ago. Best way to finally break the hold. Give the people another park to see. The destination they know they want to see.
Interesting you say this. Former Imagineer Jim Shull was saying this same thing today

Willmark

Also, another random.

I don’t know how you expand magic kingdoms capacity. The difficulties they have managing this volume with their transit system don’t change. They get worse. MK just gets more overrun and more charm sucked out as they need more concrete just to move people.

They should have built a third Disneyland in the USA a long time ago. Best way to finally break the hold. Give the people another park to see. The destination they know they want to see.
The analogy I've used over the years here is cows.

For the longest time the farmer(s) have been able to corral the cows, keep them fat, dumb and happy. Profits go up, so of course what do the farmers do?

Buy more cows.

They keep packing them in and taking away feed and water and yet, they are still turning a profit? Answer again? More cows!

But something happened every time they pack more in the cows in the paddock start mooing louder. Pack in more and they are still perplexed, "why are the cows mooing louder?" "they must be lonely!"

So what conclusion do the farmer(s) reach?

Pack in more cows rather than make the paddock bigger or better yet, build another paddock. But Pfffftttsss, paddocks cost money!

pheneix

Original Poster
It’s a miracle it’s as good as they are. Universal is an inner city theme park. You gotta get your people to be Las Vegas nice. Preaching theme park principles just lands on deaf ears. Embrace the people you have who want to be there aid learn from them. Realize their potential.

Just don’t be Disney.
They need to improve operations there if they want to operate as the world-class vacation resort they have built/are building.

pheneix

Original Poster
Btw if I was building a third Disneyland in North America, I’m going where very entrenched money is.

And I’m thinking Vancouver.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Also, another random.

I have a few ideas

1. ) As much as I hate jamming attractions that SHOULD go to MK to other parks, occasionally it can make sense, spreading out the crowds so hopefully they don't ALL go to MK

2.) Get rid of the Speedway and put a high capacity ride in there of some kind, less concrete to look at.

3.) Fix the bottleneck between Peter Pan and IASW by re-routing (again) the queue of IASW a bit. This isn't a major thing but it is one of the worst traffic areas of the park

4.) Keep more quick service options open so less crowds going to fewer places with bland food....also, IMPROVE the food PLEASE.

5.) Add a theater like they were planning, maybe not behind Main Street, but somewhere and host a high quality show.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It’s a miracle it’s as good as they are. Universal is an inner city theme park. You gotta get your people to be Las Vegas nice. Preaching theme park principles just lands on deaf ears. Embrace the people you have who want to be there aid learn from them. Realize their potential.

Just don’t be Disney.

But but where can the thought police be engaged ? Can't have those nasty customers keep whatever beliefs they might have and just enjoy a curated experience! What's your social credit score ?

Willmark

So now that we've unpacked that the SS Disney is steaming straight ahead at the iceberg, what do they do now?

The obvious answers is they should have course corrected on some of this years ago. So is it just rearranging the deck chairs or something else?

"Oh look the band has started playing out on the promenade and the life boats are being lowered, probably just coincidence."

TrainsOfDisney

Also, another random.

There’s a few options but many of them needed to happen several years ago.

For 1, New Fantasyland needed to be way bigger, they should have pushed back to the railroad tracks and added as much as possible. There’s room for at least 3 major show buildings back there and they could potentially have gone over the tracks to get a couple more in.

You’ve still got beyond big thunder expansion as well which can handle a lot.

With transportation - they need multiple entrances, they needed that a while ago.

The bus stops need to feed into a new entrance that should go where backstage parking lot is - this would allow guests to enter and exit onto Main Street, plaza, or Tomorrowland. This could have all been incorporated into the Main Street theatre project.

There’s a start!

pheneix

Original Poster
Hulu is gonna force some extreme actions. Bob Iger made a bad deal and Comcast is collecting the check. This is the single biggest reason why Disney only has bad options ahead.

Also their inbound revenue this year is gonna underperform and that’s one more way options are fading fast.
So now that we've unpacked that the SS Disney is steaming straight ahead at the iceberg, what do they do now?

The obvious answers is they should have course corrected on some of this years ago. So is it just rearranging the deck chairs or something else?

"Oh look the band has started playing out on the promenade and the life boats are being lowered, probably just coincidence."

pheneix

Original Poster
There’s a few options but many of them needed to happen several years ago.

For 1, New Fantasyland needed to be way bigger, they should have pushed back to the railroad tracks and added as much as possible. There’s room for at least 3 major show buildings back there and they could potentially have gone over the tracks to get a couple more in.

You’ve still got beyond big thunder expansion as well which can handle a lot.

With transportation - they need multiple entrances, they needed that a while ago.

The bus stops need to feed into a new entrance that should go where backstage parking lot is - this would allow guests to enter and exit onto Main Street, plaza, or Tomorrowland. This could have all been incorporated into the Main Street theatre project.

There’s a start!

Multiple entrances is so hard. Just… unreal to organize and educate. But yeah that’s what has to happen.

Moving serious guest volume to some entrance near “beyond big thunder mountain” is a monumental task where taking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom