News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to the Halloween ticket availability calendar, October 27th has sold out.

Current remaining available dates -

Oct - 14, 20, 21, 23, 28

GiveMeTheMusic

The logic is that, if Disneyland didn’t continue to improve and offer what they do at Oogie Boogie it probably won’t sell out next year. Whereas MNSSHP will sell out regardless.

That's not logic. The event sold out well before any announcements or hints were made at changes. They could have done the exact same event as last year and it wouldn't have affected revenue in the slightest. OBB literally sold out immediately. MNSSHP still hasn't completely sold out and it's Labor Day. If anything, they should be looking at their sales and wondering why THEY didn't sell out as fast as DLR and how to fix the situation.

OBB will sell out next year too, well before any potential changes are announced. That's the point. DLR could get comfortable and lazy with the event and they're not.

The difference is that the people putting on OBB care about surprising and delighting the guests who pay top dollar to attend, and the people putting on MNSSHP don't.

asianway

That's not logic. The event sold out well before any announcements or hints were made at changes. They could have done the exact same event as last year and it wouldn't have affected revenue in the slightest. OBB literally sold out immediately. MNSSHP still hasn't completely sold out and it's Labor Day. If anything, they should be looking at their sales and wondering why THEY didn't sell out as fast as DLR and how to fix the situation.

OBB will sell out next year too, well before any potential changes are announced. That's the point. DLR could get comfortable and lazy with the event and they're not.

The difference is that the people putting on OBB care about surprising and delighting the guests who pay top dollar to attend, and the people putting on MNSSHP don't.
I believe there is a brisk resale operation in place on OBB contributing to the fast sales, although the first two efforts were very well done

mattpeto

Disneyland needs new and exciting stuff to draw locals. Disney World draws a different tourist.

I also wished that WDW kept up with DL entertainment.

brb1006

It's the quality of the actual performers themselves at DL that astound me. I feel like I was literally watching Bruno, Mim, and Gothel in the flesh, not just a 20-something year old in a costume.
Looking at you face character Buzz Lightyear.
2022-dlr-disneyland-buzz-lightyear-character-1.jpg

Also Disney needs to utilize the face character version of the Queen of Hearts more often.
CY42QvYWMAEuEDt.jpg

Californian Elitist

I think we can agree to disagree here.
Sure. If you truly believe that TDA somehow absolutely needs to give folks on the west coast new things to keep them flooding through the gates and it’s not actually a want versus not wanting to do it/cheapness factor, by all means.

This is partially why some of you guys will be totally fine with continuing to get the same, tired parties.

James Alucobond

It's the quality of the actual performers themselves at DL that astound me. I feel like I was literally watching Bruno, Mim, and Gothel in the flesh, not just a 20-something year old in a costume.
I would imagine California simply has a deeper semi-professional acting talent pool. That said, I am actually really impressed with the A-team Winifred, Sarah, and Mary at WDW this year. Sadly, the B-team Sarah isn’t such a great singer.

GiveMeTheMusic

This is mostly a myth that WDW management wants its fans to continue to believe.

Right? How many one time visitors do people think there really are? DVC brings countless repeat visitors per year alone. Those people want to see the exact same thing every year until they die?

WDW doesn’t want to be bothered with things like putting Mirabel out for greets or taking 20 minutes to fiddle with the MNSSHP lineup. They’re too busy replacing PhotoPass photographers with automated cameras.

Californian Elitist

Right? How many one time visitors do people think there really are? DVC brings countless repeat visitors per year alone. Those people want to see the exact same thing every year until they die?

WDW doesn’t want to be bothered with things like putting Mirabel out for greets or taking 20 minutes to fiddle with the MNSSHP lineup. They’re too busy replacing PhotoPass photographers with automated cameras.
Exactly. Are the folks that regularly post here not repeat-visitors? There are no locals that visit WDW? I was thinking the exact same thing… They’re all expecting to see the same things every year and don’t expect to see anything new? And they’re cool with that? Well, clearly, some are. It’s not making sense.

If TDA really thought we always needed new things, why are we still watching Believe… In Holiday Magic and A Christmas Fantasy every year for Christmas? Both shows are 20+ years-old, one of them debuting in the 1900s lol. I thought we were special and needed new things all the time? Maybe they’ll eventually start caring as much as they care about OBB and give us new Christmas entertainment in the near future. Not holding my breath, though.

TDO is simply cheap and they don’t want to provide new experiences for their guests for Halloween. Period. They know plenty of fans will support the same BS excuse. As you stated, the folks putting on OBB in Anaheim care enough to deliver new characters and new things to see. That’s what’s going on here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom