Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Thepuma

90% of the reason they changed the program (and name) was not because the old system didn't work well (though they did want to remove the pre-planning aspect) - but it was because they wanted to make something that looked, sounded and felt different enough from the free version so that guests couldn't complain that they are paying for something that used to be free.

No, they felt they had to change the name and design as they 'thought' people would see right through them by charging for the same thing they got for free before.

What they really messed up was the fact G+ was a worse product in every way...so it backfired. So not only were guests upset and angry over now being charged, they were now even more annoyed that the new system was worse in every single way than the previous free system.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
No, they felt they had to change the name and design as they 'thought' people would see right through them by charging for the same thing they got for free before.

What they really messed up was the fact G+ was a worse product in every way...so it backfired. So not only were guests upset and angry over now being charged, they were now even more annoyed that the new system was worse in every single way than the previous free system.
They could go back to the old system and charge for it and things would work better than they do now. The problem is Disney has egg on their face and their are trying to solve it by throwing more egg on it

Patcheslee

Just noting that Disney had said previously Genie+ as a ticket add on would not sell out, however Disney updated the Genie+ site today and it now says "subject to availability".

"Purchase on the date of visit, one day at a time, via the complimentary Disney Genie service in the My Disney Experience mobile app, subject to availability."
They mean MDE app availability....
Resort guests who want to purchase in advance or as part of their package for assurance and less money while in WDW are now forced to wait until day of. This is a terrible idea. All around. For so many reasons. At least when I went, since I had learned the ins and outside of Genie + and all its flaws i still knew i had the option of purchasing in advance or on site without risking it being sold out and getting the best use of it.
Maybe they'll later reinstate the ability to pre-purchase as an on-site benefit.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I still feel like Disney created their own mess with genie+ and are now going to create another with changes that continue to add to the planning difficulty that is already out of hand

G00fyDad

Everything about G+ has been a step back..everything. There isn't a single improvement over FP+...yet we have to pay for it. They must be the only business in the world who can get away with such ineptitude. Its almost like they are trying to p1ss off most their customers, because this doesn't look like an accident to me....it would take a special type of brainless moron to come out with such a bad system.
Found him.
OIP.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
They can't significantly modify the program itself without issuing refunds or even more disastrous guest relations feedback. People pre-purchased a product under the current terms and rules, which is why they will stay until end of year. All modifications will be around new purchases, but not the actual program itself.

And they are going to be quite cautious to start. The goal is to put this fire out now. That's how bad this is.
U.K. guests can currently prebook Genie+ until the end of 2023, either as a package or stand-alone tickets. Not sure how they’ll deal with that when it changes significantly.

And I really don’t see how stopping people buying it in advance will put the fire out. Unless they severely restrict the number sold, I don’t see what difference it will make. Whatever time they allow people to buy it, it’s adding to the stresses of the whole system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom