Is Victoria and Alberts ever coming back?

JohnD

It's way outside my price range but my guess as to why it hasn't come back is the Chef's Table which is located in the kitchen with the Chef. Until that can be pronounced "safe" there is probably no reason to re-open.

JohnD

When I was trying to get a reservation there several years ago they had one table that was in the kitchen, away from the main dining area. It was apparently very difficult to reserve that table. I always wondered why anyone would want to sit in the kitchen when they're paying close to or over 4 figures for a meal for two.

It's the Chef's table who personally prepares the meal for you.

RoadiJeff

It's way outside my price range but my guess as to why it hasn't come back is the Chef's Table which is located in the kitchen with the Chef. Until that can be pronounced "safe" there is probably no reason to re-open.
I'm not sure what difference that would make. If they are unsure about the Chef's Table they could just not have it available but have the rest of the dining area open.

My95cobras

Original Poster
Couldn’t disagree more with this take. Having eaten at almost every single 3 Michelin star places in the country, VA does not come close. Sorry. It’s a nice place. Very good food but it’s not what those places are.

also, Capa is more than a steakhouse. Bad take.

i never said it was a three star (having eaten at all 3 star in the country any many overseas)…. It’s not, but to say it doesn’t compare to a one or two is a mistake.

capa is a steakhouse.……. With apps described as tapas and a raw bar…. Like all others. Same as capital grille, Ruth’s, Peter lugers and so on…. Just a better view.

My95cobras

Original Poster
That would not make a difference. It’s only one table of 2 to 8 That is marginally more expensive (I think 20pp) that the queens room.

PixarPerfect

I wholly disagree with this. Having eaten at 75 plus michelin starred restaurants around the world, VA is very fine dining. I have only dined in the queens room, but the 13 course menu has always been on par with 1 and 2 star places we’ve been. The price is a bit high but no more than 30pp over Market and I believe it is because it is Disney.

Also, when it’s comes to super high end fine dining in Orlando, this was it for a very long time. Now soseki and kabookis omakase are alternatives. Capa is fine, but it’s another steakhouse and they are a dime a dozen in any city.

Agreed. The V&A prices are what, in my experience at least, Michelin 1&2 starred restaurants are charging these days. For reference, we've dined at a 1 star and a 2 star in recent weeks and the least expensive meal was over $800 for the two of us (7 and 10 course, respectfully. That's with wine pairings. Others have been more. Disney aside, I'd expect a 13 course menu with wine to be about where V&A has been priced in the past.

Phonedave

I thought the Chef's Table was just another table to sit and eat, located within the kitchen.

The whole kitchen cooks for you, just like any other table. But it is more interactive. You may get some special items, maybe something that they do not have enough of to put on the menu, maybe something the chef decided to whip up on their own, etc. It's not like you get a personal chef for your table and only your table.

My95cobras

Original Poster
So…. New rumor is they finally hired a new chef and that they will be “updating, changing and modernizing” VA. I don’t know what that means, but im not excited for the change. The new chef is a lady thats been working at a high end place in Orlando (i don’t remember the name, I was drinking, a lot).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom