News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2021 Earnings Results Webcast

Brian

My thought was that people got so used to FP+ that they'd suck it up and buy it. Especially if they weren't as big of Disney fans as let's say us but repeat goers.
The "what was once free will now cost me" notion is something that I think suppressed sales for that demographic, and certainly many of the members of this site. With that said, I do think that (given the means to afford it) some will crack over time, especially as attendance increases in the post/endemic-COVID era and wait times increase in tandem.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not trying to be negative, but man Chapek is starting to get on my nerves more then usual. His vision on that call doesn’t sound good at all. I usually lurk in this threads since I am not the most knowledgeable on financial matters but I am not liking what he was saying.
Consumers have to push…don’t apologize for having the natural instinct that the market WANTS you to have

you know what’s not “natural”…45 year olds saying “it’s just so magical”

I’m sorry…but everyone deep down knows I’m right about this. Shoot the messenger if you must.

M:SpilotISTC12

The "what was once free will now cost me" notion is something that I think suppressed sales for that demographic, and certainly many of the members of this site. With that said, I do think that (given the means to afford it) some will crack over time, especially as attendance increases in the post/endemic-COVID era and wait times increase in tandem.
It'll happen at some point. Probably sooner rather than later. The less people buy it the better.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For the 2022 edition of the Unofficial Guide to Disney Cruise Line, we're starting off by saying that Disney's overpriced relative to the rest of the market, for many common kinds of cruises.
They’re double…yet another topic I’ve fallen into the role of “the heavy” over the years…
For Alaska in 2023, we’ll explore other lines. The price difference is becoming too difficult to ignore, as much as we love DCL.
Just got off an “older” Royal caribbean last week…

better than the dream/fantasy…still

an Alaskan on one of their anthem class ships is cheaper and just better than the disney itineraries we looked at in the past

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not surprised. People are getting more relaxed in their spending. There was a recent report that credit card debt in America are are record levels.
That actually means the amount of “free cash” is shrinking…and there’s more economic anxiety now than there were was from 2011-19

you might be misreading what that Debt story is suggesting this time. It’s different than the similar story 2
Years ago

the inflation index out today is the highest it’s been since the Bush recession…

the HW Bush one

Last edited:

sullyinMT

They’re double…yet another topic I’ve fallen into the role of “the heavy” over the years…

Just got off an “older” Royal caribbean last week…

better than the dream/fantasy…still

an Alaskan on one of their anthem class ships is cheaper and just better than the disney itineraries we looked at in the past
“Better” is subjective, but pricing has made it difficult to make a straight-faced argument about “value” (if not impossible). Aside from their long weekend boozefests, we also enjoy Carnival for a week or more. They’re so apples to wrenches though that I find it hard to define “better.”

We’ve enjoyed DCL many times. I actually love the Fantasy, but her itineraries are stale, and that can’t be ignored.

For Alaska, you’re dead on. We could sail a (then) 25 year old Wonder or a nearly new flagship class ship on another line. As beautiful as she may be, and she still is, DCL just won’t be able to compete at those prices for our family with a 15 & 13 year old. They’ll need more shiny things so that we all get the vacation we want.

britain

The smaller portion size thing does not inspire confidence. It’s smacks of the Jimmy Carter “lower your thermostat, wear sweaters” type of leadership.

I don’t think Wall Street wants to be told that hefty dividends are on the way because Disney is cutting corners wherever they can.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
“Better” is subjective, but pricing has made it difficult to make a straight-faced argument about “value” (if not impossible). Aside from their long weekend boozefests, we also enjoy Carnival for a week or more. They’re so apples to wrenches though that I find it hard to define “better.”

We’ve enjoyed DCL many times. I actually love the Fantasy, but her itineraries are stale, and that can’t be ignored.

For Alaska, you’re dead on. We could sail a (then) 25 year old Wonder or a nearly new flagship class ship on another line. As beautiful as she may be, and she still is, DCL just won’t be able to compete at those prices for our family with a 15 & 13 year old. They’ll need more shiny things so that we all get the vacation we want.
Disney ships have a better theme, detail in most cases…but any advantage in other areas is greatly exaggerated if present at all.

a lot of “D” hype

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
its only been the low season too... imagine what the #s will be when the crowds return.

Like I said... people will pay.
When’s the last time you were in wdw in October/November?

low season?

if you meant: sales likely to be depressed in the still restricted travel season…then i agree

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom