Entertainment News

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
That is sooooo exciting! I'm a long time big fan of Off Kilter so I'm super happy to hear this! Thanks for the heads up!
I think you will like the band, Alberta Bound. I am a huge fan of Off kilter as well, but I have a feeling we will not be seeing OK back on that stage anytime soon. Having good friends and great musicians on the stage is the win for me though. Marie

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Someone reported about the recall and auditions on here. Maybe @DCBaker or @castlecake2.0 ?
That was quite awhile ago, but it was delayed at the time due to restaurant staffing. It's my understanding now that the show will return when distancing is no longer an issue, since there really is no way to stage the show without the partner dancing, and the interaction with the audience. I would expect it back sometime in the spring, probably in time for spring break season if we're really on the other side of this by then.

Last edited:

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Keeping fingers crossed that British Revolution is invited back, too. I made extra Epcot visits to see them last trip - they put on a great show!
And another favorite. I was looking around and hadnt seen anything regarding their return but will check in with some friends to see if they know anything about a possible return. Marie

TrainsOfDisney

Also the drummers in Japan and Sergio? If so, I guess it was a budgetary delay all along.
Oh yeah, Sergio and Servuer Amusement are based in the USA as well. They both performed at the contemporary a few weeks ago for a fundraiser for gktw.

Keeping fingers crossed that British Revolution is invited back, too. I made extra Epcot visits to see them last trip - they put on a great show!

They have moved the piano player from the pub to the gazebo. Not sure if that will change British Invasions return or not.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Weren't they cut pre-pandemic? I don't see them coming back. I do miss them though. The shows back in the courtyard were always fun.
I think they were cut around the same time as everyone else at Epcot - during the pandemic. Note: I'm referring to British Revolution, not the earlier band British Invasion.

Goofyernmost

I saw British Invasion but didn't see the following one. The problem with the British Invasion is that they only used the Beatles as the music. The British Invasion consisted of a lot more than the Fab Four. I think that there were a lot of comment about that. I don't know what the British Revolution(?) did, but I was under the assumption that they covered the gambit of the musician that came from the UK.

Lilofan

I saw British Invasion but didn't see the following one. The problem with the British Invasion is that they only used the Beatles as the music. The British Invasion consisted of a lot more than the Fab Four. I think that there were a lot of comment about that. I don't know what the British Revolution(?) did, but I was under the assumption that they covered the gambit of the musician that came from the UK.
British Revolution also covered the Who and other UK bands. British Invasion cast members even looked like the Beatles complete with mop top hairdos.

Goofyernmost

British Revolution also covered the Who and other UK bands. British Invasion cast members even looked like the Beatles complete with mop top hairdos.
That is what I guessed. As a huge fan of the Beatles I bothered to watch the Invasion show, but skipped the Revolution simply for the reasons you mentioned. Nothing wrong with the music just had to stay loyal. Didn't pay off though, I'm still waiting from my loyalty check from Paul and/or Ringo.

nickys

Premium Member
That is what I guessed. As a huge fan of the Beatles I bothered to watch the Invasion show, but skipped the Revolution simply for the reasons you mentioned. Nothing wrong with the music just had to stay loyal. Didn't pay off though, I'm still waiting from my loyalty check from Paul and/or Ringo.
I mean, neither of them stayed loyal to the Beatles! None of them did, they all had solo careers and were in other bands after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom