News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I was at Battuu opening week for RotR. There were issues with the attraction going down. The BG system itself wasn't a disaster.
there were issues with the button lighting up at the appropriate time, people had all kinds of trouble because of that. It's the reason a poster had given an exact step by step to avoid the problem. Thankful for that person as I've always been able to get a BG and usually top 20, all but once

Animaniac93-98

Exactly. Eons ago before the original FP, at MK there were always a few things with really long lines like Space, Splash in the hot weather, Dumbo and the lawnmowers on a track (which is the only thing where the wait times have gone down since FP+). However, you could experience a whole bunch of attractions with sub 30 minute waits. Then you could decide if you wanted to hit the ones with 60-90 minute waits but it was only a small percentage of the overall day.

This was my recent experience with Disneyland. Despite the holiday weekend crowds, the longest wait I saw for any one ride was 75 minutes for Splash. Most were 45 min or less, with several rides offering a single rider line.

Of course, the key thing being Disneyland has the actual capacity to handle large crowds.

disneyfrk1221

As many others have said, this seems like a blatant attempt at cashing in with Lightning Lane. The choice for the average guest (one who is not at rope drop) will now be wait 3 hours or pay to get on right away. In that scenario, I can see many people opting to pay whatever ridiculous price is charged.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see them artificially inflate wait times to incentivize people to buy Lighting Lane or Genie+. In fact I think it’s fair to be worried that they’re going to do that across the board at many rides. Will be interested to see how posted vs. actual wait times are once this all launches.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
There’s no distinction between the two…more capacity would naturally diffuse the crowd…even if one spot was insane

I can see it now, Omni-movers based on each of the colors of drying paint. That begs the question if amusement parks full of large capacity mediocre rides are better than one with a mix of both capacity and thematic and experiential rigor are better ?

doctornick

This was my recent experience with Disneyland. Despite the holiday weekend crowds, the longest wait I saw for any one ride was 75 minutes for Splash. Most were 45 min or less, with several rides offering a single rider line.

Of course, the key thing being Disneyland has the actual capacity to handle large crowds.
...and smaller crowds than MK. MK was much more enjoyable when the attendance was lower years ago.

Also, historically, DL tends to get people for fewer hours of their day than MK i.e. more of a crowd that comes in and does a few rides or watches a parade/fireworks but doesn't spend 8-14 hours in the park on a given day).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can see it now, Omni-movers based on each of the colors of drying paint. That begs the question if amusement parks full of large capacity mediocre rides are better than one with a mix of both capacity and thematic and experiential rigor are better ?
It’s a rhetorical argument…because Iger didn’t allow for capacity

and now he’s gone with a billion…

…see the danger?

Chi84

Premium Member
Personally, I think there shouldn’t be a pay option to ride a NEW ride for the first year or two. Put everyone on a level playing field. Then once it’s not new, I guess they can charge to skip the line. This is the Universal model, anyway.
I don’t think a lot of people would want that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As many others have said, this seems like a blatant attempt at cashing in with Lightning Lane. The choice for the average guest (one who is not at rope drop) will now be wait 3 hours or pay to get on right away. In that scenario, I can see many people opting to pay whatever ridiculous price is charged.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see them artificially inflate wait times to incentivize people to buy Lighting Lane or Genie+. In fact I think it’s fair to be worried that they’re going to do that across the board at many rides. Will be interested to see how posted vs. actual wait times are once this all launches.
Yessir
Personally, I think there shouldn’t be a pay option to ride a NEW ride for the first year or two. Put everyone on a level playing field. Then once it’s not new, I guess they can charge to skip the line. This is the Universal model, anyway.
But then there’s no market…once people have cycled through…the demand falls

JMcMahonEsq

Florida, DVC and APs are largely going anyway in a short window…definitely the last two

the amount beyond those categories that would add on a whim is very small
It has nothing to do with going on a whim. New rides, new experiences are announced months, in not years in advance. Those groups I mentioned, in addition to others like myself, will plan trips around new ride openings all the time. It doesn’t mean the trips are planned on a whim

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It has nothing to do with going on a whim. New rides, new experiences are announced months, in not years in advance. Those groups I mentioned, in addition to others like myself, will plan trips around new ride openings all the time. It doesn’t mean the trips are planned on a whim
So they wouldn’t go if there wasn’t new rides?

florida, DVC, aps? They’ll do “other things” for more than about 6 months?

dreday3

You’d rather pay from day 1 to ride? What does your ticket admission include, if not rides (especially new ones)?

Use of toilets?

I think because if Rat was only boarding groups (no stand-by option like Rise has been for a long time), technically we still aren't guaranteed a ride.

And again, for those here that go often (and seems to be many of you "diehards"), that's fine.
For those that only go every few years, well, if the choice is maybe get a boarding group, if not, sorry try again in a few years or maybe get a boarding group, if not, go ahead and pay for it if you want - the pay option would be appealing. Disney introduced the pay option whether we like or not, so it should also include new rides.

Or, just take away the IAS option and make it all just Genie + - Lightning lane. :D

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom