Post your old classic WDW keepsakes/souvenirs

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Was going through some boxes today and came across some of my souvenirs from the around 1985 that I thought were fun. Share some of your long ago keepsakes..

The first is the classic every kid remembered from Pirates... the OG pistols! These are the first time I learned you couldn't carry even toy guns with you on an airline :)
potc.jpg

The next one was from the typical way to keep an child entertained in World Showcase.. let him pick something from the store :)

I present an abacus from China - pretty sure this was from the WS pavilion back then.

china1.jpg
china2.jpg

Heppenheimer

I still maintain physical possession of very few things I owned 10 years ago, and almost nothing from when I was a kid. So, these pictures come from internet searches, not from my something I still own, but this was probably my favorite souvenir that my parents ever bought me at Disney World:

VTG-Disneyland-Walt-Disney-World-Big-Al-Bear.jpg

I never owned this one, but it was the absolute prized possession of my best friend growing up. Even in the 1980s, he was still a huge Davy Crockett fan, long after the heyday of the Disney series' popularity. Of the handful of kids I knew in the Philadelphia area that were lucky enough to regularly visit Disney World, if you didn't own this toy rifle yet, you wanted to:

vintage-1980s-disneyland-frontierland_1_4fb836bd9762c1b7c9214f455aaa0ba1.jpg

Looking back from 2021, I can only marvel at how realistic that toy rifle appears.

I'm pretty certain I had the double-barreled pirate pistol, but who knows what happened to it.

The one souvenir I know I still have somewhere was a free Mickey Mouse comic book they gave away at the Universe of Energy, circa the late 80s (so. Mickey and Goofy learn all about the pros and cons of various sources of energy!

uoe_comic_01.jpg

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Here’s what I can remember getting from my trip in ‘89.

anyone remember when you could get actual “outpost-type” stuff at the Outpost in Canada rather than basically just maple syrup and Canadian flag cups and shirts? Here’s a real rabbit fur from back then, only $7.50!
48162A61-AE6E-4875-B64C-AE10BC19A946.jpeg
A8776169-FA49-480B-B7B1-DCFB0FF25486.jpeg

Also, picked up this spaceman Figment and Epcot cup:
24F28BB5-FC2D-4A55-B2DC-F35DAF4F836D.jpeg
03EA9725-C2F7-4619-A1C2-1AC084D490F0.jpeg

I’ve got about 20-25 of the little pvc characters (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Chip/Dale, 7 Dwarfs, etc) from somewhere between ‘94-‘96 and a Mickey beanie hat with propeller somewhere around here too, will try to find those and post later!

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
I want to know what happened to my stuffed figment. I had one of the larger ones... maybe like 16-18"? I did find a small vinyl one.

I also had this book set and certificate for an educational course/tour. This one I have a hard time remembering, but the book and workbook are pretty elaborate!

IMG_1330 copy.jpg

The keys to the kingdom tour I did on a later tour (I remember being excited to be old enough to go on the tour solo) had a great book as well, but I think that one was damaged in a flood and thrown out :/

The one that kills me is I had a fold up map in the style demarke listed above that I loved and I know I kept immaculate on my shelf. But it wasn't in the pile of stuff my parents dropped off years ago that I can find :(

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I want to know what happened to my stuffed figment. I had one of the larger ones... maybe like 16-18"? I did find a small vinyl one.

I also had this book set and certificate for an educational course/tour. This one I have a hard time remembering, but the book and workbook are pretty elaborate!

View attachment 586683

The keys to the kingdom tour I did on a later tour (I remember being excited to be old enough to go on the tour solo) had a great book as well, but I think that one was damaged in a flood and thrown out :/

The one that kills me is I had a fold up map in the style demarke listed above that I loved and I know I kept immaculate on my shelf. But it wasn't in the pile of stuff my parents dropped off years ago that I can find :(
You got that certificate on my fourth birthday! 😁

DisneyDreamer08

My parents took us to Disney once when we were kids, in 1995. I was 13. Big baggy T-shirts were the style and apparently, I felt the need to get 3 🤣 They are size XL and as an adult, I still wear them to bed all the time. So I’d say I got my monies worth.
I also got a Piglet stuffed animals. I loved it because he was super soft and fuzzy. My kids play with him now so he’s lost some of his softness. Also clearly worth the money 😊

3051DFD8-372A-43CE-971D-714335A9D980.jpeg

79BEAB20-C78B-418D-AACF-60539CAC49AD.jpeg

2367F0F5-C5D5-4835-A738-DB3FE6F94103.jpeg

7F6ACEA4-99CD-45B1-9654-7AB5B1F0DB50.jpeg

F6C95C4C-F174-43D8-B283-C9EE4D6F027E.jpeg

A9151F45-DCEE-4881-93A2-EA3636558E98.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom