The Imaginarium - Discussion Thread

tcool123

Original Poster
Where was tcool off to today? Why he was off to ride Remys Ratatouille Adventure !
360DC57C-80E5-445D-BAD3-3CFDD30D44E7.jpeg

Cute little courtyard, wish it connected more to the old part, but I get it, that’s hard to do.

66FAA76E-F65D-475A-A264-A304850AEB37.jpeg

Wallpaper in the queue was really cute and adorable with this same pattern repeating.

0C483AD4-5A35-4A2D-BE41-A206EECE10CC.jpeg

Loved the whole rooftop area before boarding it was very pretty and magical.

053D66B8-11A2-4236-9008-1D36BEBC5434.jpeg

And of course the artist studio was imo was a neat way to work in the safety bideo.

Overall the ride is cute and just okay. It felt very Epcoty in the sense that Epcot doesn’t have any wowing rides (for me) and just like gelled well with the rest of the park’s lineup. This ride isn’t anything out of this world nor is it meant to be, and I think utilizing Boarding Groups for this ride is a huge mistake as it ups expectations to something on par with Rise when in reality its the least exciting of the three new trackless rides.

TwilightZone

Just to liven things up in here before Chapter 1 ends on Thursday...

Question of the Day
What's your favorite Disney daytime/nighttime parade of all time, and why?

anigif_sub-buzz-360-1582925664-7.gif
Night time, I'm generic and I love the main street electrical parade! Paint the night comes veryyyyy close.
Controversial opinion but not a fan of spectromagic at all. Maybe it's the music, but it's just so slowwww. Maybe I need to mute it and play some main street electrical parade music sometime and see if I like it more.

For daytime any cause I like to skip the crowds at space mountain :p. But I typically like any I manage to see glimpses of.

AceAstro

Has anybody been watching the Behind the Attraction episodes on Disney Plus? They don’t take themselves too seriously but they provide interesting insights into the attractions.
How I feel watching the show:
AFB6D479-BE1D-463F-B1E7-F0291B499FE6.jpeg

That being said, I know I’m nowhere even close to the target audience for the show and I think it’s a fun way to introduce newer audiences to the crazy attraction history of Disney

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Has anybody been watching the Behind the Attraction episodes on Disney Plus? They don’t take themselves too seriously but they provide interesting insights into the attractions.
I have! It's a fun show and very different from The Imagineering Story, which is a good thing imo. I agree with @AceAstro, it's very Disney Parks 101 (which for us nerds on here, isn't new, all thanks to Defunctland, Yesterworld, Offhand Disney, TPMVids, etc.), but it's a great way to introduce kids to the Disney Parks Universe.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Hot take I hate this version of Maleficent mainly because it looks more like a Power Ranger villain than Maleficent herself.

In general I'm not huge into some of the Disneyland Paris parades as I feel like a lot of the times the floats feel very saturated in colour, and that artificiality puts me off a bit 😅
With the rockwork behind her, I see why they changed the costuming to red to make her stand out more. Compare her look there to this one:

9364d57fff0a8e9a00c5e5b834e8ad9a.jpg

WP_20141001_014-640x359.jpg

D Hulk

Mickeynerd17

It's been a couple days, but I've finally gotten a second to write.

I'll write a more thorough review of my Blizzard Beach experience when I get back home next Monday, but to sum it up: it was perfect! Beautiful weather and surprisingly low crowds for labor day.

Also, I finally did it. After 16 years of visiting this park I've finally done the last slide on my list: Summit plummet.

I LOVED IT!!!!

One more thing: AKL was awesome! Boma was excellent as always, and the overall experience was very enjoyable. I'll go into details next week.

NateD1226

Currently looking to drum up interest in creating a Marvel park with some fellow Imagineers.

I know @NateD1226 @Tegan pilots a chicken @DisneyFan18 and @DashHaber all mentioned being interested. Anyone else wanna participate? If so, let me know and I’ll tag you when we get started!
Thanks for tagging me, but my schedule is a big mess right now, and I don't think I can participate. I am not even sure I can start The Proposals on time :/ Hopefully, once I get situated, I can hop back into the groove of Imagineering with you all!

TheOriginalTiki

It's been a couple days, but I've finally gotten a second to write.

I'll write a more thorough review of my Blizzard Beach experience when I get back home next Monday, but to sum it up: it was perfect! Beautiful weather and surprisingly low crowds for labor day.

Also, I finally did it. After 16 years of visiting this park I've finally done the last slide on my list: Summit plummet.

I LOVED IT!!!!

One more thing: AKL was awesome! Boma was excellent as always, and the overall experience was very enjoyable. I'll go into details next week.
Is it weird that I find Slush Gusher way more terrifying than Summit Plummet. Plummet sort of gives you a "takes your breath away" kind of feeling and is definitely a rush, Gusher gives you air time. As a coaster enthusiast air time is usually a very good thing, but on a body slide...not so much haha.

Mickeynerd17

Is it weird that I find Slush Gusher way more terrifying than Summit Plummet. Plummet sort of gives you a "takes your breath away" kind of feeling and is definitely a rush, Gusher gives you air time. As a coaster enthusiast air time is usually a very good thing, but on a body slide...not so much haha.
100% agree! I'm not a super big fan of airtime, but I actually used Slush gusher as a warmup for Plummet.

I will say though, even the airtime on slush isn't as bad as I remembered! I rode both three times and each one was progressively worse on my body in terms of water hitting me, but overall a really fun experience!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom