Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

GuyFawkes

Every company is going through a hard transition at the moment. Comcast (Universal) released Fast Furious a few months ago - a sure fire money maker, one of their biggest IP's. It's box office has been poor, made less than 600-700 million worldwide compared to the last Fast and Furious movie.

FF is a dead franchise but one of the characters crashed a Porsche into a tree and died in real life, that's why that FF got huge viewership. Now they just keeping it rolling until???

Kirby86

I have a feeling once they finish the park if its as good or at least driving guest traffic as they're hoping. They might do some additions to the original park or islands of adventures.

tommyhawkins

I have a feeling once they finish the park if its as good or at least driving guest traffic as they're hoping. They might do some additions to the original park or islands of adventures.
Islands and USF have had new additions for the past decade, so its still fresh versus say...MK which is few and far between, I predict this will continue in some form 2022-2024, not necessary massive Etickets, but certainly things to keep people booking holidays. They will need to continue to add to new stuff to both parks when Epic opens to ensure people wont just switch from those to Epic because its new.
I did a thread breaking down some of their expansion opportunities, there are others. They have a theme park sized area at Epic just for BOH so a lot is going to move from UOR eventually and create lots of opportunities.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

Islands and USF have had new additions for the past decade, so its still fresh versus say...MK which is few and far between, I predict this will continue in some form 2022-2024, not necessary massive Etickets, but certainly things to keep people booking holidays. They will need to continue to add to new stuff to both parks when Epic opens to ensure people wont just switch from those to Epic because its new.
I did a thread breaking down some of their expansion opportunities, there are others. They have a theme park sized area at Epic just for BOH so a lot is going to move from UOR eventually and create lots of opportunities.

They haven't started construction on anything new outside of Epic Universe, correct? So for 2022 would it be something smaller like a ride retheme or some type of walkthrough?

tommyhawkins

Steady on now ... let's just hope they even just start it.
Here is a photo of Disney Land Paris 4 years before it was opened too, much further behind than Epic Universe because all the utilties have been buried, service roads within the lands have been laid. If Disney had just got done building a park in China, it might well take them a few months to relocate and rehired the build crews to North America too. Good try on trying to flex, but unfortunately you failed on the execution of facts.

E73IW0bXIAkuWZa.jpeg

tommyhawkins

I don’t think we’re getting anything notable for 2022. They have options but they’re running out of time.
yeah i was implying more we we see the things happen by end of 2021 that need to happen in order for new stuff to begin building for 2023 onwards. quickest timeframe could be 18 months imo

The Grand Inquisitor

They haven't started construction on anything new outside of Epic Universe, correct? So for 2022 would it be something smaller like a ride retheme or some type of walkthrough?
Rumor is that Shrek is replaced in 2022 by a Villain Con walk through. 2023 is Fear Factor Live replaced by a VR Broomstick Potter ride. Then 2024 is when Epic Universe will open. This is all according to Alicia and the Universal forums.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Rumor is that Shrek is replaced in 2022 by a Villain Con walk through. 2023 is Fear Factor Live replaced by a VR Broomstick Potter ride. Then 2024 is when Epic Universe will open. This is all according to Alicia and the Universal forums.
2024 is rather.... ambitious.

It's possible the roadways won't be completed until Spring of 2025 according to Alicia...

JT3000

I’ve heard these rumors before, but there’s a couple things I’m iffy about. One, they can’t seem to decide if the Shrek replacement is a walkthrough or a ride. While a walkthrough would be more realistic given the remaining time left, I don‘t think this would be a satisfying long-term solution for the space. And two, Universal usually likes to go back and forth between the parks instead of adding two new additions in a row to the same park, which also brings this speculated timeline into question.

DonniePeverley

Before the shutdown they were a few weeks away from actual construction that wasn't just dirt. If it weren't for Covid, we would be seeing ride buildings and the park's layout come to life.

Yes but they dithered and delayed starting construction, and then covid did come. So now what ... when are they going to commence construction?

We've had no updates nothing. Like i said, i'm not confident they are going to go ahead with this, not in the near future. We'd still be looking at ariel photos of green fields next year. Let's see .

The Grand Inquisitor

I’ve heard these rumors before, but there’s a couple things I’m iffy about. One, they can’t seem to decide if the Shrek replacement is a walkthrough or a ride. While a walkthrough would be more realistic given the remaining time left, I don‘t think this would be a satisfying long-term solution for the space. And two, Universal usually likes to go back and forth between the parks instead of adding two new additions in a row to the same park, which also brings this speculated timeline into question.
You are right I'm just going off what I heard on the Universal forums. Who really knows what will happen. Personally I want to see the Pets ride replace Shrek.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom