White Card Question

allidog1

Original Poster
Question: If I were to have a white card (say I bought direct but less than the minimum points for blue card) and received an email about a special paid DVC event and therefore signed up and paid for the event with my DVC number, would there be any reason for them not to let me in?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
You have to show eligible membership to get in. In theory you won’t be able to complete the purchase, just like if you went and tried to buy a Gold Annual Pass (or whatever the hell they’re called now) you could see it and add it to your cart but it wouldn’t let you actually give them money for it.

Either way, they check event eligibility on site. So I don’t think you want to try this one.

EOD K9

Sorry. Disney’s response, not mine.
8B9A401F-D020-4967-BF38-FA03063F59F6.jpeg

Club Cooloholic

So, you folks are saying that Disney sends her an email inviting her to a DVC event, and she clicks the link enters her info and membership number, and gets the ticket and you think she is somehow going to be denied entry? Lol sure. And they will refund her right away too cause Disney doesn't like money. Come on...

Minthorne

So, you folks are saying that Disney sends her an email inviting her to a DVC event, and she clicks the link enters her info and membership number, and gets the ticket and you think she is somehow going to be denied entry? Lol sure. And they will refund her right away too cause Disney doesn't like money. Come on...
I wonder what this DVC paid event is…in the OP it all sounds hypothetical.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
DVC events sell out. Disney doesn't lose any money by blocking white card members because there are more than enough blue card members to take their slots.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Yes this is literally the exact policy. You can choose to believe whatever you want but you are also free to try it yourself and report back whether or not they refunded your money when they denied you a wristband or entry, as I am not clear on that part.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We've been members for almost 15 years, and have never received an email inviting us to a special event at WDW. DVC knows exactly who is authorized, so I just can't see them ever sending an email out to someone for something that they are not allowed to go to. The DVC website is very clear that all membership extras are only for people that hold a blue card. That includes all discounts and things like the after hours member events, which are free to us, but only open to blue card holders. And yes, we had to show the blue card to get the wrist band when we went to one of those.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
They do. I'm a resale buyer and I get the email blasts announcing member cruises and that sort of thing.
Except that it states in the email that it is a membership extra, which only blue card members can utilize. In addition, you have to book things like that through member services, and they would tell you that you aren't eligible. The OP was asking about a specific event where they are allowed to click a link and purchase directly from there. DVC doesn't work that way. You have to schedule and pay through member services, so would know right away that you couldn't do it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Except that it states in the email that it is a membership extra, which only blue card members can utilize. In addition, you have to book things like that through member services, and they would tell you that you aren't eligible. The OP was asking about a specific event where they are allowed to click a link and purchase directly from there. DVC doesn't work that way. You have to schedule and pay through member services, so would know right away that you couldn't do it.
I'm not arguing that I'd be able to book it, just pointing out that they do, in fact, stick that advertising out there to all members and rely on them to read the fine print.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm not arguing that I'd be able to book it, just pointing out that they do, in fact, stick that advertising out there to all members and rely on them to read the fine print.
I will give you that. Just curious. Was there anything in your paperwork from DVC that mentioned not being eligible for membership extras? Do you see anything different on the website when you login?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I will give you that. Just curious. Was there anything in your paperwork from DVC that mentioned not being eligible for membership extras? Do you see anything different on the website when you login?
"Effective June 3, 2021, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 150 Vacation Points purchased directly from DVD. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from DVD will not have access to Membership Extras."

1631024143319.png

1631024182817.png

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
"Effective June 3, 2021, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 150 Vacation Points purchased directly from DVD. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from DVD will not have access to Membership Extras."

View attachment 585395

View attachment 585396
Thanks. I was hoping that the website would show what you are eligible for.

Club Cooloholic

Part of the problem is that Disney is confusing in their messaging. I recently got an "exclusive offer for members" that had no fine print and I could access it but that was to watch some streaming thing. Other offers like member cruises have the fine print. But then stop calling me a member. I get these email blasts all the time, you would think it would be easy enough for them to segment out White card holders from Blue but alas, we all know they do this to remind White cards what they are missing and entice us to try to one day pony up for more direct points.
As an aside, I often wonder how much they could make just by coming up with some one time calculated per point fee to try to get white cards to "buy into" a blue without actually accruing more points.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, in short.

If you buy tickets to an after hours event with a DVC discount, or book a Moonlight Magic event, you need both photo ID and a blue card to gain entry.

Guests staying on your reservation (ie: in the same villa) are also permitted to enter for MM events, I’m not certain about the discounted tickets.

nickys

Premium Member
I wonder what this DVC paid event is…in the OP it all sounds hypothetical.
One example is the special events being held at Epcot on the 28th & 29th Sept which includes a signed book, food, park entry after 4pm and VIP viewing of Epcot Forever.

If you tried to book that as w hire card member, I hope that Member Services would tell you that you weren’t eligible. But to get in you would need to show your blue card and ID, to stop someone buying it and giving it someone else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom