News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

I read the following elsewhere earlier today.

Disney Makes Plans For ‘Star Wars’: Rise of the Resistance Construction​

In July, The Walt Disney Company filed a permit for work on the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Park.

The famous attraction is considered one of the most incredible feats of theme park engineering in history and was the first Disney Parks ride to employ a virtual queue system. Now, an increasing number of rides — like WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure at Disneyland Resort’s Disney California Adventure Park and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at Walt Disney World Resort’s EPCOT Park — are using the boarding group process.

In spite of its trendsetting ways, Rise of the Resistance tends to experience more than its fair share of breakdowns, which can be frustrating for fans. Many Disney World fans hoped that the July construction permit would fix some of these issues once and for all.

Now, Disney has filed another permit for work to be done on Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

The permit is vague, stating it is to “Provide labor, materials and/or electrical” for construction”, which could mean anything from a minor mechanical repair to a major refurbishment.

It is important to note that Disney has not announced any upcoming closures for the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge ride, so this permit is unlikely to be for an extensive project — it could, however, perhaps result in the repair of the now-infamous non-firing canons…
We talked about what can be done on this ride on our recent show. We were thinking more in lines of Paris where they can start from scratch, but I think we all agreed that a 5th interrogation room could help. My assumption is that load is still the bottleneck (beyond the downtime), so adding a 5th interrogation room for dispatches could conceivably help on a new build. I don't know if there's a viable way to do that on the existing builds. It's also conceivable that something other than load is the bottleneck (say, the elevator lifts), in which case the entire ride might need a redesign.

ppete1975

7am boarding group window closed for new joins at 9:30am.
I would be really curious if this is a glitch, like it just kept handing out boarding group numbers that will never be called or, was erroring out when you were to get a number. With the demand for this ride and not any notable capacity increases, i dont see how it could go from 7ish seconds to 2.5 hours.

MiddKid

I would be really curious if this is a glitch, like it just kept handing out boarding group numbers that will never be called or, was erroring out when you were to get a number. With the demand for this ride and not any notable capacity increases, i dont see how it could go from 7ish seconds to 2.5 hours.

Parks are empty. For those who hadn’t gone back yet, today is the first day of school for many (all schools in our area). And when your kids haven’t had normal full-time school since March 2020, you don’t miss it.

DCBaker

Premium Member

The crowds are just that low. The second boarding group window was open for 7 1/2 hours yesterday. The highest wait time across all parks right now is just 25 minutes.

TimeTrip

The crowds are just that low. The second boarding group window was open for 7 1/2 hours yesterday. The highest wait time across all parks right now is just 25 minutes.
I believe that the crush of crowds leading to a "standby-only would never work, see??" evaluation was pent up demand from the previous year covid-ness plus the difficulty of residents to travel abroad causing them to just do Disney. The drastic difference is pretty remarkable to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom