News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
News should be out very soon, followed by the option of buying new passes. Give it a week or so.

Not incredible news I know, but the Tinker Bells, Sparrows and magicians will be able to buy them again. Of course they come with price increases and a few bolt ons including one for makin’ memories.
i see what you did there... well done as always ;)

DomVF07

Not as bad as was expecting. We knew more perks would be taken. Very interested to see the difference in blackout dates between pirates and sorcerers.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is forcing non-FL residents onto the highest level of pass their way of trying to cull the AP herd a bit?
If they wanted to “cull” the herd…they would cull Florida residents…not the higher spending, more infrequent visiting out of towners
Gold New $889
Gold Old $719

Gold New Renewal $764
Gold Old Renewal $611

Platinum New $1299
Platinum old $1195
Platinum DVC/FL $899

Platinum New Renewal $1104
Platinum old renewal $951
Platinum DVC/FL $764

Wow talk about an FU to AP holders.
The blackouts on the third pass is a bit unnecessary…I think

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, for me- the sadness comes in the form of the park reservation system that I really hoped was more temporary than permanent.
now that it’s tied to APs—-it’s here to stay.

meh
It is…it allows them tighter control and more sale opportunities

there’s realistically no way they’d give that up
Again, if everything gets back to normal and you can get reservations day before, it’s pointless.
There’s no indication that would have been/would be the case in “normal”

aladdin2007

well one bonus in all this is the dining discount going up to 20% for all passes (if I read right).... and the shopping discount staying at 20%. they could have done away with both all together and they didn't.

Epcot82Guy

This is really disappointing. I was expecting the perks removal, especially with Genie+. But, that price change is pretty aggressive. It basically shifts the passes up a level (price) with even fewer benefits from the previous level (with some small windfalls to a few scenarios, as people have noticed). This really does feel like trying to price people out a bit. Get their die hard fans to pay the significant upcharge (especially for FL residents), and let the others fall off. I think DVC really gets hit here, too.

Not sure what I'll do here myself. I feel like I would just feel taken advantage of if I buy one, so not sure I want to drop several hundred dollars to have that feeling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom