Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmwade77

Original Poster
Best hold off on buying one of those Keys, huh?
Only if you aren't vaccinated. I understand that intentions are good behind this move, but it is a bad idea. But even though mandatory vaccines and requiring proof are bad ideas, that doesn't mean getting vaccinated is a bad idea.

I strongly encourage everyone to get vaccinated, unless you have health conditions that prevent it, but it shouldn't be up to me or anyone else to tell you that you must.

Tamandua

Most people will be technically "unvaccinated" soon as they redefine "fully vaccinated" to mean three* doses.

*Number of doses subject to change.

If you look closely at hospital data, you see home interesting swings in the data where patients who were "unvaccinated" one day are "Vaccinated" the following day as they reach the two weeks after second dose mark. A not insignificant amount of hospitalized covid patients have received two doses but don't count as "Vaccinated" until two weeks after. That's how you get spikes in vaccinated hospitalizations. They were already there, just categorized differently.

Californian Elitist

Only if you aren't vaccinated. I understand that intentions are good behind this move, but it is a bad idea. But even though mandatory vaccines and requiring proof are bad ideas, that doesn't mean getting vaccinated is a bad idea.

I strongly encourage everyone to get vaccinated, unless you have health conditions that prevent it, but it shouldn't be up to me or anyone else to tell you that you must.
I’m all for businesses requiring their guests to be vaccinated for service. I agree with you that folks who can get vaccinated should.

TP2000

This seems like a nightmare for the Inclusion drive Disneyland is doing. It also doesn't seem like Sacramento really thought this through, or at least they haven't actually looked at the data on who they are going to be excluding from society here.

Asians and Whites are the most vaccinated in California, Latinos and Blacks are the least vaccinated in California.

So a few weeks from now an unvaccinated Latino or Black person isn't allowed in to a restaurant or a gym or Disneyland, but a vaccinated Asian or White person is? Yikes! :oops:

Orange County 8/25/21
Whites = 72% Fully Vaccinated
Asians = 64% Fully Vaccinated
Blacks = 53% Fully Vaccinated
Latinos = 38% Fully Vaccinated

Los Angeles County 8/25/21
Asians = 79% Fully Vaccinated
Whites = 70% Fully Vaccinated
Latinos = 59% Fully Vaccinated
Blacks = 49% Fully Vaccinated

Muffinpants

This seems like a nightmare for the Inclusion drive Disneyland is doing. It also doesn't seem like Sacramento really thought this through, or at least they haven't actually looked at the data on who they are going to be excluding from society here.

Asians and Whites are the most vaccinated in California, Latinos and Blacks are the least vaccinated in California.

So a few weeks from now an unvaccinated Latino or Black person isn't allowed in to a restaurant or a gym or Disneyland, but a vaccinated Asian or White person is? Yikes! :oops:

Orange County 8/25/21

But the vaccine is free . So this data is based on other factors which do not = non inclusion. If it cost money and they only opened up clinics in certain areas I would agree with you that it's an issue.. but every cvs, Walmart, target has alot of shots to give . So something else is missing or other reasons these demographics are not getting vaccinated.

MoonRakerSCM

So this data is based on other factors which do not = non inclusion.
The data has nothing to do with inclusion, but the policies do.

Fact is, once vaccines are required for entry to places, Latino and black communities will be disproportionately affected by a fair margin.

cmwade77

Original Poster

Orange County 8/25/21

Yes and historically speaking Latinos and Blacks have good cause to distrust the government and that is carrying over into vaccination rates. And we are unlikely to see that change, these policies will make them even less trusting and honestly will likely result in even fewer of those that are unvaccinated in these groups to get vaccinated than if this point wasn't instituted.

Muffinpants

The data has nothing to do with inclusion, but the policies do.

Fact is, once vaccines are required for entry to places, Latino and black communities will be disproportionately affected by a fair margin.
But why.. at that point it's there choice. Choices have consequences. This goes for everyone no matter what. Disney is not saying you have to be white.. to enter..

cmwade77

Original Poster
Most people will be technically "unvaccinated" soon as they redefine "fully vaccinated" to mean three* doses.

*Number of doses subject to change.

If you look closely at hospital data, you see home interesting swings in the data where patients who were "unvaccinated" one day are "Vaccinated" the following day as they reach the two weeks after second dose mark. A not insignificant amount of hospitalized covid patients have received two doses but don't count as "Vaccinated" until two weeks after. That's how you get spikes in vaccinated hospitalizations. They were already there, just categorized differently.
How it will likely be handled is you are considered fully vaccinated until you are eligible for a booster shot, then given a reasonable time frame, say a month to get a booster shot before they start denying entry to places. Still a very dumb idea.

Muffinpants

How it will likely be handled is you are considered fully vaccinated until you are eligible for a booster shot, then given a reasonable time frame, say a month to get a booster shot before they start denying entry to places. Still a very dumb idea.
Did they say boosters will make you not fully vaccinated?

cmwade77

Original Poster
Did they say boosters will make you not fully vaccinated?
No, what the person I quoted was saying is that once they are approved, everyone will no longer be fully vaccinated and I was saying that won't be the case I til you are eligible for a booster shot and who knows how that will play out, likely they haven't considered it yet.

Muffinpants

No, what the person I quoted was saying is that once they are approved, everyone will no longer be fully vaccinated and I was saying that won't be the case I til you are eligible for a booster shot and who knows how that will play out, likely they haven't considered it yet.
Ah I see. I mean the cards have spots for boosters. So it's possible.

Stevek

Orange County 8/25/21

Sorry...I think this is kinda bogus to play this inclusion card here. Blacks and Latinos have the same opportunity to get vaccinated as anyone else and are making the decision not to for their whatever reason (trust, cultural, etc.). Race should not play into this discussion with regards to who will or won't be excluded from access to certain things. It all comes down to making a choice and the associated consequences, regardless of skin color.

Californian Elitist

Sorry...I think this is kinda bogus to play this inclusion card here. Blacks and Latinos have the same opportunity to get vaccinated as anyone else and are making the decision not to for their whatever reason (trust, cultural, etc.). Race should not play into this discussion with regards to who will or won't be excluded from access to certain things. It all comes down to making a choice and the associated consequences, regardless of skin color.
It absolutely is bogus.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Under this legislation the unvaccinated will have bigger problems to worry about than the privilege of going to Disneyland. Like keeping their jobs and access to some government services, for instance.

This legislation is quite sweeping in nature and would represent one of the broadest public and private sector vaccine mandates in the country. While I’ve long supported a combination of carrots and sticks (including limitations on access to private business) there are some aspects of this bill that even for me probably require more debate than this is being given.

With the business community and labor both behind this, there’s a good chance some variation of this will pass. I’ll add there are good elements here like guaranteed paid time off, protections/cover for small businesses, etc.

In my view this is yet another reason to get vaccinated.

Texas84

Under this legislation the unvaccinated will have bigger problems to worry about than the privilege of going to Disneyland. Like keeping their jobs and access to some government services, for instance.

This legislation is quite sweeping in nature and would represent one of the broadest public and private sector vaccine mandates in the country. While I’ve long supported a combination of carrots and sticks (including limitations on access to private business) there are some aspects of this bill that even for me probably require more debate than this is being given.

With the business community and labor both behind this, there’s a good chance some variation of this will pass. I’ll add there are good elements here like guaranteed paid time off, protections/cover for small businesses, etc.

In my view this is yet another reason to get vaccinated.
It's another reason to leave California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom