Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Waters Back Side

This is what I'm looking forward to as well. The second chance to score a chance to ride RotR without having to pay for a VIP tour to guarantee it.

It would save me $120 if the hig end price is $24 and it's a party of 5 for us. Who knows how they will be distributed with the almighty powerful Genie +. If you do not get a boarding group then you would be smart to pay for the ride. A VIP tour is way more expensive.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think Disney has fallen into the short term gain, long term loss trap.

I chuckle looking at the crowds at Disney because it’s mostly adults, we are the super fans, we grew up on Disney, grew up going to (or at least dreaming of) the parks, grew up with uncle Walt and the characters… Disney is nostalgic and takes us back to our youth. Disney is booming because the kids from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s who grew up on Disney are now in their financial prime.

If the new policies drive away the kids of the 00s and 10s and they don’t become super fans it will take decades to truly reveal itself. Its a very short sighted way to run a business.
This is Wall Street 101 post WW2/young boomer era

Waters Back Side

Scenario:
Boarding group release still 7 or 1….but paid rides sell out at 11 am…

wouldn’t that make 1-3 pm “the witching hours”?

I think 1pm they are doing away with no? Or at least Remy wont have one.

I'm taking no chances. I'm trying for a BG at 7am and either I'll feel specially favored by the almighty Genie or I'll buy the ride right away.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think 1pm they are doing away with no? Or at least Remy wont have one.

I'm taking no chances. I'm trying for a BG at 7am and either I'll feel specially favored by the almighty Genie or I'll buy the ride right away.
But success isn’t measured on what the stalkers of Disney boards do…

…unless they give free advertising for Disney…which is a constant 👍🏻

Waters Back Side

But success isn’t measured on what the stalkers of Disney boards do…

…unless they give free advertising for Disney…which is a constant 👍🏻

Lol. I'm hoping there is a certain bias towards those who have loyally spent on the Genie+ and some headliners. But, instead they will probably program it to make the payers keep paying.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

Lol. I'm hoping there is a certain bias towards those who have loyally spent on the Genie+ and some headliners. But, instead they will probably program it to make the payers keep paying.
1629741343769.png

MrPromey

I'm seeing a theme forming here so I'll ask the forum:

Question for the Pessimists:
How would this system, assuming it works as described actually INCREASE wait times?

Question for the Optimists:
How would it DECREASE them?

Question for the Realists:
NA
As I see it, it's not going to increase wait times for everyone but...

It's going to increase wait times for anyone not paying the up-charge since Disney will be putting people who did opt for it in front of them all day without them getting their turn to take advantage of that system.

Of course, the easy counter to that is "well anyone can pay the $15 and use it" but then why break it out as an up-charge if Disney's expecting all to use it?

If we are to believe Disney is being honest about their approach with this, they expect far fewer people to use it which would make it a benefit for both those who do choose to pay as well as those who don't because the idea is, there would be less attraction capacity devoted to that group than there was in the past as well as fewer people using it so all lines should move more swiftly than with FP+.

If they're expecting most people to get in on this, it's a silent price increase and Disney is in effect, screwing over the people who can't shell out for it by making the waits the norm for them, everywhere.

And of course, for people who were used to booking their FP+ 60 days out for things like FOP, who now can't get it, their choice is to wait the 2-3 hours like everyone else who can't get them in the $15 package now or pay up.

Seems like there are at least a couple different groups who are likely to potentially feel longer waits at various points as a result of this change.

How bad those end up being, we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
7am guests gonna need some coffee. Hope the food area is ready. 7am- pick your genie +, try for a boarding group for 2 days and then hurry to buy the ride if need be.

Watch the Genie crash.
It’s more than that…have you tried the thing?

I did it once during average crowds and it practically laughed at me at 7 am. I got 1 pm (done with that one) and was standing/laughing with a huge group of people across from the Indy theater…

half did…half didn’t get it.

moderate crowds…maybe below that?

Waters Back Side

I did it once during average crowds and it practically laughed at me at 7 am. I got 1 pm (done with that one) and was standing/laughing with a huge group of people across from the Indy theater…

Ive never been on Rise. If you can believe it. Never tried a BG but I hear its luck of the draw for no rhyme or reason. I've watched the video of the ride as the suspense of it is no biggie for me. IlI will try it next trip. Only ride I have not tried. I'm not a huge star wars fan. I'm a disney fan. Slinky is a bigger deal for me lol.

Dranth

I don’t think that works…

because if genie tells you the next window for buzz is 50 minutes later and you have a reservation in 45…people get a might bit ticked
I haven't caught up yet so maybe someone has already mentioned this but didn't they point out this is all going to be integrated?

All Disney IT jokes aside, Genie will already know you have an ADR and could just not show you conflicting times or show them but give you a warning. There are a number of ways they can prevent this from happening if they so choose. Will they? Who knows, but if it isn't included and becomes a regular problem, I bet they would add it.

rawisericho

As someone who hasn't been to Disney since ROTR, may I ask your generation?

I'm trying to figure out if the BG challenge is a Boomer thing or its just hard to get.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ive never been on Rise. If you can believe it. Never tried a BG but I hear its luck of the draw for no rhyme or reason. I've watched the video of the ride as the suspense of it is no biggie for me. IlI will try it next trip. Only ride I have not tried. I'm not a huge star wars fan. I'm a disney fan. Slinky is a bigger deal for me lol.
I just don’t see the numbers…they have set number of seats and too many butts

The ride is fine…but not much more than that. Dark/omni ride with good tech but a horrible IP due to catastrophic 3 movies.

falcon is basically solo…so that looks good too🙄

ROTR is the most overrated Disney ride ever…knocking off the previous record holder mine train…who knocked off everest.

it beat Apollo and Mr. T🥊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom