Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Current vaccination status for Orange County via Mayor Demings -

E9fBtQAXoAIICI_.jpeg

The 14-day rolling positivity rate is 19.99%.

correcaminos

Second time in a couple of months a random dirtbag "customer" (we didn't recognize) came in to rant about our mask requirement. The first one called my employee the gay f word. Today a different whacko asked the same employee if he had gotten AIDS yet, adding, "You will."
People are insane. Sorry to your employee. That's just horrible what people do and say!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Lilofan

This is not masks but again no one agrees. And I am happy those 49 agree. :rolleyes:
There will be some that will doubt the booster shots and continue to cloud some minds . I didn't doubt it and I got my Moderna booster shot last Saturday.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Second time in a couple of months a random dirtbag "customer" (we didn't recognize) came in to rant about our mask requirement. The first one called my employee the gay f word. Today a different whacko asked the same employee if he had gotten AIDS yet, adding, "You will."

People are insane. Sorry to your employee. That's just horrible what people do and say!

Lacking even basic civility I'm afraid is becoming more common. Yesterday I was in a drive-through line for a simple sausage and egg biscuit and experienced a crazed customer. She ordered an apple pie, didn't like it got a second one, didn't like it, was offered a refund and began screaming at the employee that she demanded a fresh cooked pie. A bit of cursing later when handed the cost of the pie, she threw it back at the employee and refused to drive away, so the police had to be called. All over a 99 cent snack.

cjack300zx

Lacking even basic civility I'm afraid is becoming more common. Yesterday I was in a drive-through line for a simple sausage and egg biscuit and experienced a crazed customer. She ordered an apple pie, didn't like it got a second one, didn't like it, was offered a refund and began screaming at the employee that she demanded a fresh cooked pie. A bit of cursing later when handed the cost of the pie, she threw it back at the employee and refused to drive away, so the police had to be called. All over a 99 cent snack.
Everyone should be forced to work retail for a period of time so they know what is like to deal with customers like this

Lilofan

Can the employee advise the cops and say she was assaulted by the customer who hit her with an apple pie? It was at drive thru so there is probably videotape. Possibility of going to jail over 99 cents.

correcaminos

And people wonder why so many are trying to leave service industry jobs. People have gotten nasty as all get out. A handful of months ago we had a client who was unreasonable in requests (luxury items) and after the client darn near harassing me to do exactly as he wanted or we'd regret it, he flippantly said he knew he shouldn't try to work with a dirty Jew. We handed his money back and said to not ever contact us again. Whether $1 or $10k people can be nuts.

Heppenheimer

Everyone should be forced to work retail for a period of time so they know what is like to deal with customers like this
I can only imagine what the CMs have been through lately.

Although I wonder how much of this is new. As a teenager, I worked at an AMC. You should have seen how triggered some people could get when we ran out of those stupid pretzel bite things. Or my personal favorite: "I'm going to miss my movie and sue all of you because the parking lot was full and I had to walk really far." I'm guessing that one never went to trial...

The medical version of "customer-facing retail" is working in an ER. It's not pretty.

carolina_yankee

NJ also now requiring all public and private school employees and contractors to be vaccinated by October 18 or undergo a minimum twice-weekly COVID test. Same for all state employees, including public colleges and universities.

I believe all hospital and nursing home/congregate setting employees were already mandated a couple of weeks ago. Given the size of healthcare, education, and government employee pool, that’s a huge swath of the state.

Wendy Pleakley

Although I wonder how much of this is new. As a teenager, I worked at an AMC. You should have seen how triggered some people could get when we ran out of those stupid pretzel bite things. Or my personal favorite: "I'm going to miss my movie and sue all of you because the parking lot was full and I had to walk really far." I'm guessing that one never went to trial...

The medical version of "customer-facing retail" is working in an ER. It's not pretty.

And throw into the mix paid FastPass which is going to just add to the entitlement, expectations, and anger.

Patcheslee

I only worked at a Ponderosa starting at 14. Being 14 my responsibility was to keep the area clean, bring out the pans of food once cooked (had to be 16 to work a grill), and deliver individual items to tables if they ordered more than the buffet. Worst was having a woman yell at me because there were no chocolate sprinkles at the desert bar for poor Johnnys ice cream. I tried to explain there was none in the stock room, which is why the sign and tin had been removed. There was plenty of the rainbow ones if he would like those.. She didn't care, it took the manager coming out to get her to stop following me to the employee area. Woman said she'd be withholding "my tip". Joke was on her because I didn't get to keep tips anyway. They went to a combined fund that management would spend to take the current employees to an amusement park one day. In 2 years there of myself and friends working there, not a single employee got a trip anywhere. It was well known that employees didn't get tips so very few left them.

sullyinMT

NJ also now requiring all public and private school employees and contractors to be vaccinated by October 18 or undergo a minimum twice-weekly COVID test. Same for all state employees, including public colleges and universities.

I believe all hospital and nursing home/congregate setting employees were already mandated a couple of weeks ago. Given the size of healthcare, education, and government employee pool, that’s a huge swath of the state.
Next step should be to make those not reasonably exempt for medical reasons pay for those tests. Will likely get those last few holdouts to change their tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom