Say NO To Genie+ PETITION

the-reason14

The unfortunate ugly truth is that no petition or boycott is going to really do anything. We can complain about this change all we want, Disney is going to do what they want, and people are still going to go and buy this reshuffled product. More then likely eventually, people are going to forget that fast passes were ever free, and this will become the new norm. This is the new age of Disney parks. For me and people like me who have friends or family that work for the company, we might have a bit of grace with a comp ticket or two. However for me personally, I have been blessed to have gone to Disney World many times and really can't see enough reasons to go back anytime soon. It's way too crowded and hot, the classics have longer lines then ever and are essentially the same, the newer rides have ridiculous queues or are virtual queue only. It's just not worth it. I'll miss it, but this announcement was just another reminder as far as why there's no rush to go back.

TrojanUSC

I completely understand the frustration that a once-free service is now becoming paid, but people also need to understand that the FP+ system had become an operational headache and Disney was the absolute last holdout among major park operators to not charge for a skip-the-line service.

While the rollout and branding of this is a muddled mess, people should be thankful that they are able to still access Fastpass Genie+ for $15/day on nearly every attraction. That is peanuts compared to what Disney could have charged.

Those who enjoyed MaxPass at DL know what a great system it was, that $15-25/day was a steal and how much easier it was than either legacy FP or FP+

Giss Neric

How about say no to E-Tickets having additional charge. Just the $15/$20 for the whole day for all attractions even if virtual queue is still in place. Just like what Maxpass used to be.

A lot of the comments I read in social media clearly react without reading thoroughly. They thought it's $15 per ride on all rides LOL!

Clamman73

I’d have to wait and see how it’s it goes in a real world situation. As in how bunched up does the lightning line get on some things like Peter Pan, Thunder, etc…. They’re obviously worried about it too since they want to advise you about your best experience to lead you to lower wait time things to do.
The individual pay per top tier sucks but I understand they have to do it otherwise the lighting lane would be jammed. I’m a rope dropper so it isn’t that big of a deal, but for things like FOP I would get a fastpass and rope drop it so I got two rides in. With this scenario probably just one now unless I pay extra, re-ride right after rope drop ride or it’s a really slow day.

erasure fan1

I’ll do one better. I’m gonna go, still enjoy Disney, and maybe buy this on a day or two of a trip. 😍😍
Personally I wish it didn't matter to me. This will add $525 dollars to the ticket prices for us. And like has been said, you still need to pay more for the tier 1 rides. So add that in, on top of the already high admission price, equals a pretty big deal to some of us. And I know people will say "just don't get it then!" But I can't bring myself to still pay the astronomical price to go, for what as it stands right now, a hugely diminished experience. So I say good on ya. I do hope when you go you have a great time. You are who this system was designed for.

As far as the petition goes. It wouldn't matter if a hundred million people signed it. Disney knows that their customers are going to flood the gates anyway. Will this be the straw that breaks the back? I wouldn't bet on it. And you can count on this pricing structure being an introductory thing. It will get more expensive.

Weather_Lady

So don't go. No petition is going to get them to stop this. The only way is for it to actually lose them money.
Agreed - and I think they will lose money in the end. This system gives guests no appreciable reason to stay onsite from a touring perspective, and allows them to cover parks more quickly and shorten their whole vacation. Disney's being penny wise and pound foolish.

TrojanUSC

Agreed - and I think they will lose money in the end. This system gives guests no appreciable reason to stay onsite from a touring perspective, and allows them to cover parks more quickly and shorten their whole vacation. Disney's being penny wise and pound foolish.

This video made just a couple years ago is quite amusing as literally every perk they mention is now quite gone.

Kevin_W

This video made just a couple years ago is quite amusing as literally every perk they mention is now quite gone.

I've never seen that commercial - it's really well done. It does illustrate what has changed in just a couple years pretty well (magic bands/DME/EMH), though not quite everything from the commercial is gone (proximity and dining.)

Archie123

It's time to draw a line!

Sign the petition and SAY NO TO GENIE+!

View attachment 580940

Petitions are usually worthless. Let Disney know your dissatisfaction with the Genie + and paying for the individual rides with your wallet and don't spend your money. Unless this happens Disney knows that the sheep will still come and open their wallets willingly.

hopemax

I'm wondering if people really wanted to send Disney a message, would they be willing to cancel their Disney+ subscription in addition to not traveling to the Theme Parks? Disney+ is where all the eyes within Wall Street and Burbank are. Cancel Disney+ and when asked for a reason, answer with because of the decisions in the theme parks.

Two can play the synergy game.

But I think people compartmentalize when it comes to their consumption, instead of viewing it as one corporate philosophy. They may be willing to take their kids elsewhere on vacation, but will not penalize them by not being able to watch the new season of Mandalorian. Disney doesn't care how they get your money, just that they get it. So any real message would have to be no money toward Disney.

ImperfectPixie

So apparently everyone nay-saying the petition and throwing up their hands have forgotten about Electronic Arts and their 180 from pay-to-play. Oh - there's that pesky situation that happened with James Gunn, too.

hopemax

So apparently everyone nay-saying the petition and throwing up their hands have forgotten about Electronic Arts and their 180 from pay-to-play. Oh - there's that pesky situation that happened with James Gunn, too.
Different situations though. EA’s market revolted, with no identifiable quick replacements. Disney is counting on the fact that the market that will pay for Genie+ may not even be pregnant or married yet. They just have to survive this initial hump. And people who have been thinking about a Someday WDW trip since they got pregnant aren’t going to give up that dream over a few hundred dollars. It’s the people that have done Disney a bunch that is mostly at risk and Disney already shook our wallets pretty well. To quote the Minions ride, “Awe, man. They’re human again. Bring in the next group!”

GimpYancIent

Different situations though. EA’s market revolted, with no identifiable quick replacements. Disney is counting on the fact that the market that will pay for Genie+ may not even be pregnant or married yet. They just have to survive this initial hump. And people who have been thinking about a Someday WDW trip since they got pregnant aren’t going to give up that dream over a few hundred dollars. It’s the people that have done Disney a bunch that is mostly at risk and Disney already shook our wallets pretty well. To quote the Minions ride, “Awe, man. They’re human again. Bring in the next group!”
A founding concept for Disney is to do something so well that people will want to come back and see it again plus bring friends and family to also see it. Disney is now not doing things so well people want to come back (regardless of income level) dissatisfaction rather than satisfaction is occurring as for future generations there are other diversions the current generation will be introducing them to rather than Disney, that is unless Disney does a course correction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom