Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

ctrlaltdel

While my previous posts may seem I'm defending it, think there is a pretty obvious scenario here where whatever hundreds of millions they make off Genie (which will happen), they lose the corresponding or higher amount from long-time Disney obsessives reducing or canceling their trips. I definitely understand the nickel and diming that many feel is going on.

ctrlaltdel

What do resort guests "get" from this? What advantage? I missed it.
Only thing is being able to buy the LL Select passes at 7 am, whereas offsite can only reserve those once the park opens (who knows if there will be any left at that point). Would have actually provided a decent advantage if it allowed for normal Genie+ LL reservations in the same manner.

erasure fan1

Is it me or has the leadership at Disney World lost their minds? This is insane.
I'd argue not at all. The consumer has voted with their wallet for a lot of years. And the results are in, no amount of extra costs has put a dent in anything. Disney sees an opportunity based on record attendance. I don't agree with it, but I'm the peasant they don't want.

kong1802

Only thing is being able to buy the LL Select passes at 7 am, whereas offsite can only reserve those once the park opens (who knows if there will be any left at that point). Would have actually provided a decent advantage if it allowed for normal Genie+ LL reservations in the same manner.

So resort guests get first crack at paying for the LL rides?

They gave them the option to pay more first?!

Too kind...

Chupaca Bruh

Next will be... Per Person
Park entrance only ticket per day $120
Genie (required for reservations) per day+ $35
A - E tickets $2.00 - $10.00 per ride

Lil Copter Cap

Very excited to see Recovery options now that they decided to go this route. (With $$ involved for Lightning Lane.)

A lot easier to calm angry guests when Space Mountain has been down all morning when they were given a free FastPass+ that is interchangeable with another ride. A guest buying a LL pass will likely be given the option of choosing a less desirable ride ("I just wanted to ride Space Mountain") and request a refund, thus resulting in time lost on the guest's part. Depending on if refunds will be done via the Genie+/MDE app or if Guest Relations has to deal with it.

I see less guest satisfaction with this method of charging.

Aside from the implementation as a User for Genie+/LL this may have a positive impact on Standby.

We'll see how things shake out.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I have a question about the new DAS system not sure if I should ask in this thread?
From the sound of it if you register in advance you get to choose a couple attractions a day... and that's it?
Where as if you choose to register upon arrival you can book as many as you want each day one at a time subject to availability?
Also I assume you can choose ANY attraction?
I feel like Disney is being EXTRA generous with DAS when here I thought they were "cracking down" because I've heard a lot of people saying everyone is now abusing it.
Well jeez what's gonna happen when the new system is put in place. They are essentially giving those with a disability a better system and for no additional cost than they are giving those who pay money.
Not begrudging anyone that uses DAS but rather just noting it.

mf1972

i bet the first update to the app gets a new look for the genie sometime after it rolls out. see below…
FD87F971-DFAF-4FB1-9EBC-722DB8F5054E.gif

EeyoreFan#24

Very excited to see Recovery options now that they decided to go this route. (With $$ involved for Lightning Lane.)

A lot easier to calm angry guests when Space Mountain has been down all morning when they were given a free FastPass+ that is interchangeable with another ride. A guest buying a LL pass will likely be given the option of choosing a less desirable ride ("I just wanted to ride Space Mountain") and request a refund, thus resulting in time lost on the guest's part. Depending on if refunds will be done via the Genie+/MDE app or if Guest Relations has to deal with it.

I see less guest satisfaction with this method of charging.

Aside from the implementation as a User for Genie+/LL this may have a positive impact on Standby.

We'll see how things shake out.

it will be interesting how they handle down time. My guess is they have an auto refund and leave it at that. Maybe add a “complementary” tier 2 early selection.

I’m hopeful that this will have a positive effect on maintenance funding. While I’m sure they know metrics currently, park ops having to explain the loss of lighting revenue may change some mindsets. At lease on whichever they deem tier one.

dovetail65

While my previous posts may seem I'm defending it, think there is a pretty obvious scenario here where whatever hundreds of millions they make off Genie (which will happen), they lose the corresponding or higher amount from long-time Disney obsessives reducing or canceling their trips. I definitely understand the nickel and diming that many feel is going on.
Well for the first time ever all the steam I have for Disney is gone.

TrainsOfDisney

i bet the first update to the app gets a new look for the genie sometime after it rolls out. see below…
View attachment 580821
A much more accurate character!

“Hey there “guest name” it looks like you haven’t bought a snack recently... why don’t you stop by the churro cart and I’ll see if I can find you a fastpass for its a small world!”

jpinkc

Wow Disney is really getting slammed on social media for this news. Even the official Disney Parks blog comments are pretty ugly. I hope they are seeing this.

I knew it was likely to be a bad reaction but I didn’t think it would be this bad. It’s overwhelmingly hate vs like.
They arent listening they shut down the comments section on the Disney Parks Blog yesterday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom