Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

moorish

We will see how this shakes out. I am struggling to see the advantage. If i use my first at 10am with no waits, then book the second for 11am, and offsite guest can book the first for 11am with an 8am opening, there is no advantage.
It was clarified that for the “Tier 2” anyone on or off-site can book at 7 am. So there is no advantage. It’s only for the individually paid that on-site gets early access to pay to book.

SarahWI

It's 2 prebooked rides then additional rides booked using current wait times as your return time
Which return time? Standby time (ie free) or what the app is currently offering as a LP return time (either genie+ time or the ala carte tier 1 time)? If it’s the latter, then that would incentivize DAS fakers even more than the 2 prebooked rides. Because let’s be honest Disney won’t actually take action against the fakers.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Also looking at the Touring Plans article they are hearing dynamic pricing from $4-$24/pp for the LL select attractions. That seems on the relative low end, compared to what was speculated in previous threads The pricing overall seems to trend lower than expected and is limited to only 8 attractions overall, with the caveat being: for now.
While I disagree that $24 per single ride is “reasonable”…this could make is a bit more manageable if true

G00fyDad

The banned thing is an idle threat. There’s no way Disney can require proof without being sued.
They actually can require proof. They probably won't, but they can. That is a common misconception people who think they know what HIPAA laws are make. HIPAA prevents a medical practitioner from disclosing your medical history. HIPAA laws do not, have not, and will not for the foreseeable future prevent a company from requiring proof of your disability. I wish people would get that right.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Which return time? Standby time (ie free) or what the app is currently offering as a LP return time (either genie+ time or the ala carte tier 1 time)? If it’s the latter, then that would incentivize DAS fakers even more than the 2 prebooked rides. Because let’s be honest Disney won’t actually take action against the fakers.
DAS return will be the standby wait time same as it is now

BaconPancakes

They actually can require proof. They probably won't, but they can. That is a common misconception people who think they know what HIPAA laws are make. HIPAA prevents a medical practitioner from disclosing your medical history. HIPAA laws do not, have not, and will not for the foreseeable future prevent a company from requiring proof of your disability. I wish people would get that right.
It has nothing to do with hippa…

MurphyJoe

The banned thing is an idle threat. There’s no way Disney can require proof without being sued.

With how people like to flaunt these sorts of things on social media, Disney just has to wait for a good samaritan to report them. No need to ask for proof when people expose themselves.

po1998

Very conservative estimate on average of 50,000 guests a day buy into this, at the introductory $15...that’s a cool $274 mil per year, not counting any surge pricing or the tier 1 up charge. That is $274 mil in profit...no new attractions, no new shows, no new anything.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So does this mean for 15 dollars I can get MMRR and Smugglers Run as well as Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster and Midway Mania? Those are not listed as separate and considered part of genie plus?

You realize this means for 15 dollars I get the two tier 2s and 2 that were previously hediner tier 1s. If that's the csse. Too me that's as good as free.
It’s not free…you’re backtracking as you process that you won’t have the intestines not to pay more…

…but….it could be “ok”

remember: you thought your room got you front of line…which it does at universal.

Waters Back Side

The one at a time tier 2s is still confusing me when you say one at a time. You cant ride two rides at once..so does this mean you can only book one at a time (at 7am?) I thought you can pay 15 and book more then once at 7am.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Also looking at the Touring Plans article they are hearing dynamic pricing from $4-$24/pp for the LL select attractions. That seems on the relative low end, compared to what was speculated in previous threads The pricing overall seems to trend lower than expected and is limited to only 8 attractions overall, with the caveat being: for now.

Prices can be low because Disney is limiting to two uses. The two limit is a huge variable in the pricing/impact/accessibility model.

When you limit and keep prices low.. Disney is aiming for high attach rate with minimized impact. Remember, 2 is still less than the 3 Disney just gave you previously and the parks were set to operate with.

When Disney faces demand >> supply, they will be motivated to keep an image of availability by driving prices up... and still get the price is no option crowd to pay.

By limiting to 2 uses, Disney really caps things. However, by only having 2 attractions per park... they also severely offset the advantage of the 2 use limit....

G00fyDad

Very conservative estimate on average of 50,000 guests a day buy into this, at the introductory $15...that’s a cool $274 mil per year, not counting any surge prices or the tier 1 up charge. That is $274 mil in profit...no new attractions, no new shows, no new anything.
That's the new Disney business model.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom